09-28-13 07:09 PM
33 12
tools
    I'm a huge BlackBerry/ bb10 fan and hoped that the bad press was not all true over the last few months. Given this last week and all the bad news and now learning that carriers are starting to drop BlackBerry phones, it's getting very difficult to be optimistic. I realize the phones will still be available on order but all that means is even less and less sales. The average consumer wants to go in, pick a phone and leave. Very few will order.

It's sad times for this once great Canadian tech giant. And now i'm seeing articles of Google and Motorola opening up offices in waterloo to attract the top talent.

I'm saddened by all of this and on the verge of conceding to the fact that things are likely over. I hope I am wrong.

When it rains, it pours.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 08:16 PM
    but the sun does come out and shine at some point.

Posted via CB10
    BBPandy and miker476 like this.
    09-25-13 08:19 PM
    As long as BlackBerry is gonna keep treading on, innovating, and providing support for the hardware i have no problem with Google and Apple taking the limelight

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    09-25-13 08:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Though it definitely feels like we are in the middle of monsoon season..........
    09-25-13 08:22 PM
    I'm a huge BlackBerry/ bb10 fan and hoped that the bad press was not all true over the last few months. Given this last week and all the bad news and now learning that carriers are starting to drop BlackBerry phones, it's getting very difficult to be optimistic. I realize the phones will still be available on order but all that means is even less and less sales. The average consumer wants to go in, pick a phone and leave. Very few will order.

It's sad times for this once great Canadian tech giant. And now i'm seeing articles of Google and Motorola opening up offices in waterloo to attract the top talent.

I'm saddened by all of this and on the verge of conceding to the fact that things are likely over. I hope I am wrong.

When it rains, it pours.

Posted via CB10
    From a consumer phone platform perspective, like the Sopranos, it's over. You had a good run, BlackBerry, but the sun has set on you.
    09-26-13 12:32 PM
    From a consumer phone platform perspective, like the Sopranos, it's over. You had a good run, BlackBerry, but the sun has set on you.
    Are you in like every thread on CB? I have an idea for you, start your own thread, maybe something like "Screw you BlackBerry, who's with me?". You'll find you will have more like minded people posting there and your ego will feel that much better. As it is right now it's quite annoying to have to read your posts in every thread.

Posted via CB10
    SK122387 and BigManRonnie like this.
    09-26-13 03:47 PM
    As it is right now it's quite annoying to have to read your posts in every thread.
    Then don't.
    Donvald and raysgrumpy like this.
    09-26-13 03:53 PM
    Though it definitely feels like we are in the middle of monsoon season..........
    And monsoon season does have an end.

Posted via CB10
    BBPandy likes this.
    09-26-13 03:59 PM
    And monsoon season does have an end.

Posted via CB10
    That it does

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Also happens in the eye of a hurricane. And then there is more bad weather.
    Caymancroc likes this.
    09-26-13 04:25 PM
    The Sun is shining bright for these Dudes!

The remaining compensation packages for BlackBerry’s senior execs, in the event of a takeover, are:

— Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S.
    — Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S.
    — Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S.

And of course Thor and 55 mil. Oooh, and the new Jet. So they can ferry these guys back to there original countries with the loot!

And who approved all this nonsense, the Jet, the sickening Bonuses for 60-100 weeks of work. Who said he likes the present team, they are doing a good job. PW

These guys cannot wait to leave Waterloo and never look back. They raped this fine Canadian Company and they are laughing, along with the BOD at all of us! I feel for the shareholders because they were clearly bilked, and the employees, and Canadian Pride! Everyone should be beside themselves but, I don't feel it.

Am I alone?
    09-26-13 04:26 PM
    The Sun is shining bright for these Dudes!

The remaining compensation packages for BlackBerry’s senior execs, in the event of a takeover, are:

— Frank Boulben, chief marketing officer: $7.7 million U.S.
    — Kristian tear, chief operating officer: $7.4 million U.S.
    — Brian Bidulka, chief financial officer: $6 million U.S.

And of course Thor and 55 mil. Oooh, and the new Jet. So they can ferry these guys back to there original countries with the loot!

And who approved all this nonsense, the Jet, the sickening Bonuses for 60-100 weeks of work. Who said he likes the present team, they are doing a good job. PW

These guys cannot wait to leave Waterloo and never look back. They raped this fine Canadian Company and they are laughing, along with the BOD at all of us! I feel for the shareholders because they were clearly bilked, and the employees, and Canadian Pride! Everyone should be beside themselves but, I don't feel it.

Am I alone?
    As a shareholder I agree we got the worse end of it, but as a canadian and fan of tech I'm ok with BBRY going private and remaining in operation then the, closing there doors for good. There the biggest canadian tech company.
    09-26-13 05:47 PM
    So you are sure that parts won't be sold off to pay for the transaction.
    09-26-13 05:51 PM
    Of course he's not sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-13 07:00 PM
    So you are sure that parts won't be sold off to pay for the transaction.
    No body can be sure. Prem doesn't want to sell it off in pieces, but if his partners decide that's what they want there's not much he can do about it. There are reports that he's having trouble finding partners for his consortium that don't want to sell it for parts

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 04:12 AM
    Are you in like every thread on CB? I have an idea for you, start your own thread, maybe something like "Screw you BlackBerry, who's with me?". You'll find you will have more like minded people posting there and your ego will feel that much better. As it is right now it's quite annoying to have to read your posts in every thread.

Posted via CB10
    Block him/her/it and you won't have to read the garbage (ignore list)
    09-27-13 04:22 AM
    How do you block somebody?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 05:38 AM
    This remind all reminds me when the world recession started everyone had an opinion the world would end and its time to face reality. lets wait and see what happens.
    09-27-13 05:55 AM
    This remind all reminds me when the world recession started everyone had an opinion the world would end and its time to face reality. lets wait and see what happens.
    You mean it didn't end?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 06:55 AM
    Carriers might be dropping stocks down because of less sales... thats a yes...

But don't be 100% sure, blackberry is about to release the flagship. Maybe that's why carriers are dropping.

Os 10.2.0.1743 on z10 is very good. How much good it is if its on z30 or the next coming devices with improved hardwares and with new features? Plus, not many of the BlackBerry developers are giving up. We don't exactly know what Blackberry's cooking.

Stop thinking about BlackBerry is dying. Just let them do their thing. I'm pretty sure they're doing all they can to keep up on the game.

If you don't want blackberry anymore, you can go anytime and anywhere you want. No one is holding you up.

I don't care about the blackberry sales and stats on the market. As long as they can keep it up, and give us good features, I'm cool with it. Thats why I bought the BlackBerry z10 because this is what I want and need.
    (personal preference)

You people! Stop being dramatic! That's nothing to do with BlackBerry nor even cant give any help.

Its very simple...

You want it, you buy it.
    You no like it, you go **** off!

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 07:28 AM
    Many companies went out of business during the 2008-2009 recession.
    09-27-13 07:36 AM
    Time to face the reality-bb.jpg

BB till the end.. when ever that may be.
    SkypilotOfHope likes this.
    09-27-13 07:41 AM
    Carriers might be dropping stocks down because of less sales... thats a yes...

But don't be 100% sure, blackberry is about to release the flagship. Maybe that's why carriers are dropping.

Os 10.2.0.1743 on z10 is very good. How much good it is if its on z30 or the next coming devices with improved hardwares and with new features? Plus, not many of the BlackBerry developers are giving up. We don't exactly know what Blackberry's cooking.

Stop thinking about BlackBerry is dying. Just let them do their thing. I'm pretty sure they're doing all they can to keep up on the game.

If you don't want blackberry anymore, you can go anytime and anywhere you want. No one is holding you up.

I don't care about the blackberry sales and stats on the market. As long as they can keep it up, and give us good features, I'm cool with it. Thats why I bought the BlackBerry z10 because this is what I want and need.
    (personal preference)

You people! Stop being dramatic! That's nothing to do with BlackBerry nor even cant give any help.

Its very simple...

You want it, you buy it.
    You no like it, you go **** off!

Posted via CB10
    Nice of you to miss the whole point. This is not about not liking BlackBerry. I'm as big of a Blackberry fan as most and absolutely love the product and will have it as long as I can get it.
    However, I am also a realist and see what is going on. Even Fairfax has announced their intentions and if you read carefully you will see that likely in the future (if the deal goes through), you and I and the rest of the average consumers won't be able to purchase these wonderful phones easily.
    So in closing, many people here are BlackBerry fans who are discussing REALITY....dont tell us to leave and make assumptions that we don't like the product.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...in MY opinion, bb10 is the best OS on the market by a long shot.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:13 AM
    Nice of you to miss the whole point. This is not about not liking BlackBerry. I'm as big of a Blackberry fan as most and absolutely love the product and will have it as long as I can get it.
    However, I am also a realist and see what is going on. Even Fairfax has announced their intentions and if you read carefully you will see that likely in the future (if the deal goes through), you and I and the rest of the average consumers won't be able to purchase these wonderful phones easily.
    So in closing, many people here are BlackBerry fans who are discussing REALITY....dont tell us to leave and make assumptions that we don't like the product.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again...in MY opinion, bb10 is the best OS on the market by a long shot.

Posted via CB10
    I am having trouble figuring out why we won't be able to get BB phones easily. When BB's first came out they were focused on Business but yet people were able to buy them from the carriers. This won't change so why will it be difficult to get one?
    09-27-13 08:23 AM
    I am having trouble figuring out why we won't be able to get BB phones easily. When BB's first came out they were focused on Business but yet people were able to buy them from the carriers. This won't change so why will it be difficult to get one?
    Because by the sounds of things they won't be in the consumer market and you are right that when they first came out we could get them. But back then, there wasn't alternatives like there is now. With that said, the average consumer will walk in to their carrier and get what's there not what they can order. This could slowly lead to not being to even order the phone eventually...in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-13 08:27 AM
33 12