Well I've been with Blackberry for nearly 4 years now, currently using a Q10 for just over a year and I do love BB10 but unfortunately it just doesn't have all the features that I want, simple features that other OS's have.

I was 99% sure that 10.3 would at least bring proper emojis, not the standard black and white ones, as I knew there was no way that blackberry didn't know their customers wanted emojis and I'd imagine it doesn't take much effort to implement them in the os.

Another feature I wish we had was notifications for all android apps, I understand that some apps depend on Google services for notifications but I was sure that Blackberry was going to do whatever they could to ensure that android apps would work perfectly including with notifications but as of now they still don't work as they should.

I'm a young Blackberry user so I'm sure that these features are not important to many users but they are very, very important to me and it is a major dealbreaker that they don't work 100%.

I've made the decision that probably after Christmas (as I want to give 10.3.1 a go before I definitely make up my mind) I'm going to change to Android as it has all the features that I'm looking for, unless BlackBerry can provide these features in 10.3.1 which I doubt then I will stay with them but the way things are looking atm I will be moving to Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 03:25 PM
    Let me get mine in before the bashing starts....

You have a legit gripe. BBRYs aren't for everyone. Do what's best for YOU.

With no Passport in the USA (on VZW), I'm getting restless. I'm sure 10.3.1 will get me excited a little but, I will look to upgrade Feb 1 and if there's no high-end BBRY available in the USA, my wife and I will probably leave to another platform.
    10-14-14 03:34 PM
    Don't give up stability and security for a few emojis n remember blackberry was built around business orientated ppl maybe10.3.1 will give u wat u wish

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-14-14 03:40 PM
    Let me get mine in before the bashing starts....

You have a legit gripe. BBRYs aren't for everyone. Do what's best for YOU.

With no Passport in the USA (on VZW), I'm getting restless. I'm sure 10.3.1 will get me excited a little but, I will look to upgrade Feb 1 and if there's no high-end BBRY available in the USA, my wife and I will probably leave to another platform.
    I'm glad you see where I'm coming from, it seems that you're in the same situation as me. If a high quality BlackBerry is available and 10.3.1 has at least some of the features I want that I would be happy to stay but I can't see it happening.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:30 PM
    Don't give up stability and security for a few emojis n remember blackberry was built around business orientated ppl maybe10.3.1 will give u wat u wish

Posted via CB10
    It's not just for a few emoji's, the lack of android notifications are a massive disappointment, don't get me wrong I love BlackBerry but I don't think I can put up with it much longer.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 04:31 PM
    To each his own.

But we really don't need to read about it, do we?

Posted via CB from my Z10
    10-14-14 04:31 PM
    No offense OP, but your post belongs here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

Posted via CB10
    howards, laketrout73 and DocDRM like this.
    10-14-14 04:35 PM
    To each his own.

But we really don't need to read about it, do we?

Posted via CB from my Z10
    Haha,

Don't read it then.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:58 PM
    No offense OP, but your post belongs here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=260887

Posted via CB10
    No problem hopefully a mod can move it

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 05:58 PM
    I just thought while were on the topic of changes, I wanted to join OP and make my announcement official to the whole internet.

I am leaving Burger King, and will only be doing business with McDonald's - unless BK starts giving away the little cardboard crowns again. Oh, and they have to promise to never do those creepy King commercials ever again.

Now y'all know! Thanks for not pestering me about this long coming decision. Now I would like to go back and spend time with my family, and just move on to this next phase of our lives.
    10-14-14 06:06 PM
    Haha docDRM,
    That's exactly how these whiney little posts come across, cheers, you made me laugh.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 07:40 PM
    If you guys hate posts like these so much, why comment? For real, I'm seriously asking.

Posted via CB10
    ConorRobinson likes this.
    10-14-14 08:23 PM
    I just thought while were on the topic of changes, I wanted to join OP and make my announcement official to the whole internet.

I am leaving Burger King, and will only be doing business with McDonald's - unless BK starts giving away the little cardboard crowns again. Oh, and they have to promise to never do those creepy King commercials ever again.

Now y'all know! Thanks for not pestering me about this long coming decision. Now I would like to go back and spend time with my family, and just move on to this next phase of our lives.
    epic post lol
    10-14-14 08:46 PM

I actually found this funny, but just wanted to know how this post was pestering you, you intentionally clicked on it and read it. If you were spending time with your family you wouldn't have read it ??

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:11 PM
    If you guys hate posts like these so much, why comment? For real, I'm seriously asking.

Posted via CB10
    I'd love to know this too

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:11 PM
    One man's hamburger is someone else 's whopper.

Official pain in the **** of the peevishlicious crew.
    damienR likes this.
    10-14-14 09:55 PM
    I too wish Android notifications worked with more Android apps (I have the NHL app installed and it would nice if it would send game score notications. I have Netflix installed on my Q10 and I wish it could display fullscreen at 16:9 using HDMI like it did with my Z10). But while those features may come in future updates, I realize that this is a BlackBerry running BB10. I'm thankful that I can run the Android apps I have to fill in that "app gap".

To me the pluses of BB10 far outweigh any Android shortcomings it has.

Conor, your complaint in your OP and the ambiguous title are going to invoke the replies you are getting.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1418 I Bell | CB10
    10-14-14 11:13 PM
    Good luck. I have an LG G2 I bought recently. After months of use I still prefer BlackBerry 10. And my Z10.

It's good to try everything. Sometimes it makes you appreciate what you've been using all the more.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    10-14-14 11:44 PM
    I miss SO many messages when I toss the sim into my moto g to play with. So used to BlackBerry actually making sure you get a message. Sometimes the only way you know you have a message on android is seeing the app icon notification. Then you have to load app (wait) and then read message. If I am not swiping through the app tiles I can miss that I have a message at all.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:27 AM
    I am leaving Burger King, and will only be doing business with McDonald's - unless BK starts giving away the little cardboard crowns again.
    I don't know what you're talking about but in Canada we still have the crowns, and BlackBerry HQ. #canadarulzall

Z10 10.3.0.1052 via CB10
    10-15-14 12:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    Since you ask,
    Because it's annoying,
    there is a dedicated thread for people who are leaving to go to another brand.

Posted via CB10
    howards likes this.
    10-15-14 07:27 AM
    The thing that's keeping me with BB10 is the fantastic messaging service and hub, no other OS comes close to it but I really need android notifications to work for all apps and if that comes with 10.3.1 then I will absolutely stay with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:10 AM
    I remember years ago when I left blackberry (I was using the first curve).

I currently have a note 4 but also just picked up a passport. Do what you gotta do man, after messing with blackberry 10 for a few days, I'm missing google now, Gmail, my calandar widget, and a whole bunch of other stuff, the only reason why I'm still giving this passport a chance is because the amount of android apps I'm able to sideload haha. Anyway, goodluck with android, especially with the lollipop update things continue to get better. I hope rim continues to polish and improve blackberry os.

oh and I love physical keys, that's probably the main reason why I got the passport.
    10-28-14 09:20 PM
    The reason why Android notifications don't always work is because many Android apps rely on Google's GCM for notification services. Some apps don't rely on that, such as KIK messenger. KIK's notifications work on BB10. I find myself contacting the developers and pestering them about implementing non-GCM notifications and some have replied positively. But I totally understand.. it sucks not having notifications consistently throughout.
    10-29-14 05:03 AM
    You're young go make your mistakes, its the only way to learn.
    Most of all have fun!
    10.3.1 has full emoji support btw.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:11 AM
26 12