As the title say, it's time for Android OS with BlackBerry OS10 interface. This way you fix the apps gap, reduce development cost, and all what you really need to do is to provide BBOS10 interface plus the productivity apps. Is that a hard thing to do?

People keep saying Android is open source and it can be developed even further than what android can provide new days.

Imagine it you have BlackBerry OS 10 interface, same work flow, gestures, productivity apps, security, themes ..... But with Android in the back end , fully functional Google play.

No more apps getting discontinued or abandoned like it is the case with BlackBerry World.

blackberry get to keep their loyal fans and get to acquire new users.

They are going to release android phones this year, why not make them with full BlackBerry experience?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-18-16 02:37 AM
    Just... just.... buy the priv...
    05-18-16 03:06 AM
    Just... just.... buy the priv...
    I'm using one already but I hate the stock android! And it's work flow.

David Tyler likes this.
    05-18-16 04:04 AM
    Here we go again...

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    anon(9742832) likes this.
    05-18-16 06:52 AM
    I'm using one already but I hate the stock android! And it's work flow.

Well if you don't want it then feel free to give it to me.
    Fs Laflamme likes this.
    05-18-16 06:59 AM
    Android + BB10 interface is not = to BB10, my friend

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-18-16 07:04 AM
    As the title say, it's time for Android OS with BlackBerry OS10 interface. This way you fix the apps gap, reduce development cost, and all what you really need to do is to provide BBOS10 interface plus the productivity apps. Is that a hard thing to do?

People keep saying Android is open source and it can be developed even further than what android can provide new days.

Imagine it you have BlackBerry OS 10 interface, same work flow, gestures, productivity apps, security, themes ..... But with Android in the back end , fully functional Google play.

No more apps getting discontinued or abandoned like it is the case with BlackBerry World.

blackberry get to keep their loyal fans and get to acquire new users.

They are going to release android phones this year, why not make them with full BlackBerry experience?

Not going to happen. Google owns the interface. Android cannot be made to be BB10 unless it is a forked version. Once you do that, then no GooglePlay.
    05-18-16 07:07 AM
    OP, hit the bricks. The only thing Android that is okay to be in bb10 is the ART and Google Play But other than all that, hit the bricks...

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 10:29 AM
    You could set blackberry up as a custom launcher with access to its apps. It would have the look and feel of blackberry, but running on android without needing to be a fork. Lots of examples of custom launchers out there already - including yahoo and Nokia who released their own versions...
    05-18-16 10:36 AM
    I'm not interested in Android.

Posted via CB10
    sergio_can and David Tyler like this.
    05-18-16 11:05 AM
    I wonder if they could make a phone that could dual boot?

That being said, the problem is that you people are already accepting the fact BB10 is going away, I just showed my boss Blend and how fast my 3yr old Q5 is and all the different stuff it can do and he was blown away. He asked me how come he has never heard/seen this.

I said two 2 things to him, advertising, and he accepts the norm and doesn't do his own research. Now he wants in the BB10 ecosystem.

We just need flood everyone we see about BlackBerry till we are blue in the face and there won't be a need for Android! Lol

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    05-18-16 11:11 AM

That being said, the problem is that you people are already accepting the fact BB10 is going away, I just showed my boss Blend and how fast my 3yr old Q5 is and all the different stuff it can do and he was blown away. He asked me how come he has never heard/seen this.

I said two 2 things to him, advertising, and he accepts the norm and doesn't do his own research. Now he wants in the BB10 ecosystem.

We just need flood everyone we see about BlackBerry till we are blue in the face and there won't be a need for Android! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Did your boss went ahead and bought a blackberry?
    05-18-16 11:26 AM
    This was just yesterday but he said he was going to!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 12:07 PM
    Absolutely they can. It just can't run any Android code at all. Or WinPhone.

BB's license with Google prohibits BB from selling any phones with an Android fork (which includes the runtime in BB10), and it also requires that any device that runs Android runs ONLY Android - they are free to make phones with BB10 (without the runtime) or WinPhone or Ubuntu if they like, but if it has Android code, it has to have only Android.

WinPhone has a similar licensing restriction - no dual-booting; devices must be WinPhone only.

Again, nothing (that I know of) prevents BB from making a dual-boot device with, say, BB10 (without runtime) and Jolla Sailfish, or Tizen. But there's also no reason to believe that such a device would be able to turn a profit either. And BB isn't in a financial position to place such a bet.
    JeepBB and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    05-18-16 12:11 PM

That being said, the problem is that you people are already accepting the fact BB10 is going away
    There is nothing to accept. It has already happened. There will be no more new BB10 devices.

I just showed my boss Blend and how fast my 3yr old Q5 is and all the different stuff it can do and he was blown away. He asked me how come he has never heard/seen this.Now he wants in the BB10 ecosystem
    Too bad you did not show him that three years ago. Oh well, water under the bridge...
    05-18-16 03:56 PM
    What I mean is they cant stop us from using BB10 and os7 devices unless they completely kill the servers, die hard fans will not give up hope!

Acceptance is only if you let it.....we don't have to!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-16 04:49 PM
    More BB10 'like' functionality is coming to Android aka reply from notifications in Android N. At this point, if you wait long enough Google will do the heavy lifting, lol. IF you're not on board with Google's way of doing things your only realistic alternative at this point is iOS. Or Blackphone maybe.

Rumours are a swirling today about MS selling off their handset business to Foxconn, discontinuing Lumia, etc. It's a two horse race, imho.

EDIT: On a related note, Thurask introduced me to Habit Browser on Android, one of the best and most 'BB10' like browsers on Android. Location bar and menu can be aligned at the bottom of the screen within easy reach. And highly customizable. I highly recommend checking out the browser.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tBrowser&hl=en
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-18-16 06:23 PM
    BB can make their own mm rom and make it feel like bb10 if they wish, i just dont know if all those guys in suits know how to. Remember these are the same guys that decided to sell the priv for $700 plus and then figured out a few months later it was to expensive.
    05-18-16 06:51 PM
    I'll dig the grave while you keep holding your breath for this to happen lol
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-19-16 11:18 AM
    I'll dig the grave while you keep holding your breath for this to happen lol
    You write greeting cards for your day job?
    anon(8063781) likes this.
    05-19-16 11:32 AM
    I do think that if they start making money... proportionally they'll have more to invest to make a "better" BlackBerry like experience. But only within the limitations of Android.
    antonrr likes this.
    05-19-16 02:19 PM