I want to share my thoughts when 10.3.1 is around the corner (days or months? With BlackBerry you never know).

Are you in the same boat?

Note: I own a Q10 with 10.2.1

1. I am very much looking forward to see what 10.3.1 will bring. So far from my readings in CrackBerry, I haven't been able to understand if usability has improved.

2. I am eager to check if Android Apps are more stable. So far my experience with them has had mixed results. Mostly android apps don't run very well for me.

3. Current OS version still has major issues that BlackBerry hasn't addressed yet, highlighting that most of them existed (legacy OS7) or competition has them already, like:

A. Phone App: show on the screen, in addition to the name, the dialed phone number when call is being made not just when it connects. It is useful to see what number is being dialed. (Legacy OS7 had it, now it is gone).

B. Phone App: during a call, when there is an incoming call let's bring back the option: Answer and Drop Current. (Legacy OS7 had it).

C. Calculator App: show numbers with thousand separators. Lot of requests about this, but BlackBerry doesn't seem to care.

D.Calendar App: bring back the option to have Snooze time different than 5 minutes. Eg: 10, 15, 30 minutes, 2 hours, etc. (Legacy OS7 had a trick to activate additional snooze times).

E. Remember: Integrate it with Outlook tasks and notes via Link or an add-on, or cloudly. (this used to work via BlackBerry Destop Manager, now it doesn't. I understand that BES has the integration ability with Exchange. (OS7 had the integration ability).

F. Contact App: let the user copy any field from the main screen without having to edit the contact name to copy the field. (I don't remember if this was possible with OS7. But seems obvious, however BlackBerry omitted this feature).

G. Hub: delete auto complete email addresses. (delete options exist since a long time ago in outlook). Long discussed in several forums since 2013.

Are the above issues fixed or solved in 10.3.1 or still we have to wait for what seems to be very standard features for today's technology?

Still hoping :-)

Posted via CB10
    02-10-15 10:38 AM
    Not another one...

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    02-10-15 11:33 AM
    Yes, all solved.

Posted via Commodore 64
    02-10-15 03:52 PM