I use my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition as my primary smartphone and will continue to do so until 2020

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    rayporsche and ARQ-Keighley like this.
    12-06-17 03:21 AM
    I did too. But you will be amazed at the trade offs with moving on.
    Yeah, moving onto BlackBerry Passport 2 running BlackBerry OS 11 LOL!🤣
    12-09-17 10:20 AM
    I use my BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition as my primary smartphone and will continue to do so until 2020

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    Good choice. Use it for even longer if you can.������
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-09-17 10:21 AM
    The PlayBook was the first BlackBerry device I ever owned and was my "gateway drug" to the world of BlackBerry. Over the years I've owned and actively used the Curve 8530, Torch 9810, Bold 9900, Z10, Q5, Q10, Z30, Classic, and Passport OG, and Passport SE.
    I also got started with the PlayBook due to the potential of the OS. That led me to the 9810, Z10 and then Passport.

There are still a few of us BlackBerry die hards at our organization, although I recently got an email asking me to switch to iOS, which I obviously ignored. I am concerned that eventually the organization will no longer support BB10, so I am wondering why BlackBerry and/or BlackBerry Mobile) has not been working more closely to make sure we adopt Android. We have thousands of smartphone users globally and hundreds in Canada. Messaging is very important to all of us, and anyone who has been around for more than a few years is/was a BlackBerry user.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-10-17 09:17 AM
    I bought a Q10 this year (2017). I missed physical keyboards and I found one pretty much like new for $30 on eBay, so I thought I may as well try it.

As far as I'm concerned it's still a very functional phone. I'm not that into social media apps except Facebook so that makes the skimpy offering of apps pretty easy to deal with, and I use my Samsung tablet for games and stuff anyway. The only app I really wanted on my phone is Spotify which works on BB10 through the Amazon app store. I actually find the BB10 OS more logical for phone use than Android, although it has quirks (I find it's surprisingly bad at handling phone calls, i.e. calling or hanging up. Business and gov't employees on BB10 must loooove that).

I'm doing a gov't internship and half the employees, especially managers, are still using BB10 phones. I have to admit I don't think any of them WANT to use it (although sending important emails on a touch screen still seems weird to me), but it certainly does what it needs to do for them...

I think someone who's glued to their phone (i.e. they do almost everything they would do on a computer with their phone instead) would probably find BB10 unbearable, but if your phone is mostly just a phone/text/email device for you then BB10 is still great.
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-10-17 06:00 PM

I think someone who's glued to their phone (i.e. they do almost everything they would do on a computer with their phone instead) would probably find BB10 unbearable, but if your phone is mostly just a phone/text/email device for you then BB10 is still great.
    Interesting perspective. Many bb10 fans would adamantly disagree with you though because they find ios too limited in ability (lack of file manager, no SD card, poor keyboard, etc) to use as a computer substitute.
    INFOmuzRON and rayporsche like this.
    12-11-17 10:30 PM
    Some retail sites don't function properly without javascript turned on; both Evolution and Browsie have on/off toggles for it.
    The stock browser handles javascript, and I thought it was good or updated. Theres already a decent browser on the phone that has good settings and can turn JS on and off. Unfortunately opening it takes too much effort from the apps I know that can. It's the Android browser. I was surprised that it rendered some js content that the stock browser could not, and also annoyed I could not open it without something like Ghost Commander or an Android Launcher. Should be free. Ill pay for some apps but that should be free. What successful browsers make you pay for it?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-17 08:55 AM
    Using. Android getting board! Either you use in BlackBerry Android devices which blackberry brought in market or any other android in the world gives you the same experience same thing again and again!
    But "BlackBerry OS " different from it! The blackberry OS gives you different kind of joy while using OS!
    It is a lot different from others!
    You know guy's what do I think.. BlackBerry lowers their standard and uniqueness by running after 'Android! '
    What's New man! Android is boarding!
    Just look at the "iPhone! "They didn't compromise with their OS and" uniqueness "and " standerd "! That's why they are getting on the top of the world!
    And most importantly prices are still low and affordable!
    Thank you.
    That's all I want to say! It hurts looking end of BlackBerry OS

Posted via CB10
    12-12-17 03:18 PM
    Interesting perspective. Many bb10 fans would adamantly disagree with you though because they find ios too limited in ability (lack of file manager, no SD card, poor keyboard, etc) to use as a computer substitute.
    even before bb10 you could connect a keyboard and a mouse to your blackberry and use it as a computer substitute if im not mistaking,
    12-15-17 05:04 PM
    12-15-17 06:23 PM
    I use a SE,never seen a device like this,and here to say I'll use till it become breathless.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-17 07:38 AM
    I migrated to Android but still use my BB10 as a wifi only device, primarily for Evernote and email. Would have gone with a KeyOne but it isn’t an option on my provider.

What I have found is that my Android, a flagship from 2016, won’t sync messages with my car, and there is no way to use a voice assistant hands free like I could on Blackberry and Windows Phone (Toyota Entune apparently supports nothing). I switched to Telegram so messaging is not a huge problem as the Android version works seamlessly across my BB10/Android/PC.

So for now my BB10 still gets the job done and isn’t ready to be moved to the drawer, but if KeyTwo supports band 66 I may retire it.
    12-16-17 08:13 AM
    I'm in film/TV biz. This past week we had two grueling days of pitching a project to nine studios/networks. My producing partner was constantly looking for a place to plug in his iPhone, really a non-stop issue. A couple others in the group had same problem. Originally this particular guy had told me I need to switch phones and enjoy the "Apple Experience". But in the middle of this marathon he kept running out of battery -- trying to find outlets at out door restaurants... all that. Then he finally remarked that it would be nice if he could just find a phone that did the basic biz stuff he needed, when I remarked that that's why I have a Z30. But, when we got to the new Netflix digs, he was in the promised land -- they had a basket of iPhone chargers ready for needy guests to help them to continue enjoying their "Apple Experience".

Obviously I will eventually need to go over to Android. But, in no rush.
    anon(10321802) and rayporsche like this.
    12-16-17 09:00 AM
    I'm in film/TV biz. This past week we had two grueling days of pitching a project to nine studios/networks. My producing partner was constantly looking for a place to plug in his iPhone, really a non-stop issue. A couple others in the group had same problem. Originally this particular guy had told me I need to switch phones and enjoy the "Apple Experience". But in the middle of this marathon he kept running out of battery -- trying to find outlets at out door restaurants... all that. Then he finally remarked that it would be nice if he could just find a phone that did the basic biz stuff he needed, when I remarked that that's why I have a Z30. But, when we got to the new Netflix digs, he was in the promised land -- they had a basket of iPhone chargers ready for needy guests to help them to continue enjoying their "Apple Experience".

Obviously I will eventually need to go over to Android. But, in no rush.
    Stories like this crack me up.....I hear the iPhone people say this several times per week, whereas my old z30 is a champ and always gets me through the day.
    12-16-17 01:18 PM
    Stories like this crack me up.....I hear the iPhone people say this several times per week, whereas my old z30 is a champ and always gets me through the day.
    Yet they are so popular. Just shows you people value other things besides battery life.

You also have to gas a Porsche up more than a Civic but something tells me Porsche owners aren't running to the Honda dealership.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    12-16-17 01:48 PM
    Yet they are so popular. Just shows you people value other things besides battery life.

You also have to gas a Porsche up more than a Civic but something tells me Porsche owners aren't running to the Honda dealership.
    Haha, sure, but nobody ever got any work done with a Porsche. An F150 on the other hand.....
    12-16-17 01:59 PM

Talking phones, not cars. If you want to believe owning an iPhone makes you a Porsche driver... maybe that's why they sell so many? Maybe the whole iPhone thing is deeply Walter Mitty?
    12-16-17 09:06 PM
    Haha, sure, but nobody ever got any work done with a Porsche. An F150 on the other hand.....
    That's because Porsche owners probably have minions to do their work for them. 😁
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-16-17 09:25 PM
    I know it's a lot of work but I did wipe my Passport and formatted the SD card then loaded all the files I needed back manually. I believe that formatting the SD card was just as important as wiping the phone. It contains a file system that has to be accessed just the same.
    I could not be happier with the results and think I will be going back to it full time.

I did not use any of Cobalt's fixes this time but I did download Yalp Store for my android appetite and Taskmanager from GPS to keep track of android apps running in the background. Taskmanager can show you what's running and let's you hold your finger on the app to access Android Settings and force close anything you choose.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport ***
    What is yalp? I'm running a Q10 as my only phone. I don't understand why so many people have two, three or more phones at once, since AFAIK you can't do that with just one cell account. I certainly wouldn't enjoy constantly pulling out the tiny SIM card to switch between different devices!

I also don't have any interest in ever using either IOS or android. So I just plan to stick with the OS that does what I need.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    rayporsche likes this.
    12-16-17 11:05 PM
    Let me start this by saying I LOVED BB10 and it made me really sad to see it die a slow death. Anyway, I still have my z30 and I used it once in a while when my main phone is charging and everything seems to be super slow.

For those still using a BB10 device, is your device still running fine? Have you tried something else? Why didn't you switch yet for an android powered blackberry, to another android device or to Ios?

Posted via CB10
    I hear ya...i used my red Passport for the last week while waiting for my motion to arrive. It was extremely painful. I was happy to put it back in one of my display cases .

Loved bb10 but just doesn't work for what I do any longer
    12-16-17 11:12 PM
    THIS ^ is true in many, many cases. There's a reason that, when companies paid for BlackBerry devices, they didn't issue them to every employee. In many cases, spending an extra $2000+ a year per employee wouldn't add to company productivity enough to justify the cost.

Consumers love smart phones because they want to enhance their lifestyle. Most of these phones are lifestyle accessories now.

But only a small percentage of professionals need to communicate in writing often when away from their computers. That hasn't changed in the past 10 years.

When you consider that most estimates of "full literacy" in the US is < 15% of the population, and that that is only LOOSELY correlated with job responsibility, it makes sense that only a very small number of people have professional roles where the production of high quality electronic correspondence is a primary task.

That small percentage is the core BlackBerry user. For them, BB10 and BBOS are still highly usable and in some cases superior to iOS and Android.

There may be many others who prefer that text-based focus in their personal lives, but they are the exception. Most people just want a screen to watch stuff on, whether it's a social network feed or a game or a video.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    So, you're saying that if you don't use a BB10 phone, you're dumb and uneducated. Condescend much?
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    12-16-17 11:36 PM
    So, you're saying that if you don't use a BB10 phone, you're dumb and uneducated. Condescend much?
    It's only condescending if others do it, you should know this by now.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    12-16-17 11:45 PM
    Here's my $0.02. I tried moving back to BB10 because of all the bad experiences I had with android phones, but BB10 was deteriorating so badly that i ended up going back to Android. I don't recommend anyone switch to BB10 now, but I don't see the need to ask other people why they still enjoy using it.
    12-16-17 11:56 PM
    I use my Passport SE as my secondary phone, but also my primary device for text and email messaging. The SE is great as a music player, too. I'll continue to use and enjoy my BlackBerry 10 phone as long as I can, but I'm not dependent on it, as I have an iPhone 6 and Pixel, too.

Posted via CB10 from my 100-4 Passport SE
    12-16-17 11:56 PM
    That's not what was said at all.
    rayporsche and zer0ten like this.
    12-17-17 02:09 AM
386 ... 56789 ...