Yep, unless you or your company are using BlackBerry services it's a far cry from the early days of BB10.
    Exactly.
    11-18-17 08:15 PM
    So what do you need? K1 handles email and text just fine. And I was a diehard resistant to change.
    It's been a while since I've picked up an Android, but IOS is just a bear to do anything on...no local file manager, limited if any multitasking, constantly having to switch apps to accomplish simple mundane tasks and having to go all the way back out to the home screen to do it, poor handling of attachments, the browser tries to force you to download certain apps if you even want to view some websites (yelp), the browser is not designed for any intense Web browsing such as research (been able to open over 350 tabs on bb10) and they have that fan view instead of an easily read list, I could go on an on. It's just not a pleasurable experience. It's probably great for certain things, just not what for we do. Our organization essentially needs as close to a desktop replacement in our pocket as possible, and with robust security and privacy (there's a difference).

Android is probably better in terms of function, but we can't seem to get a straight answer from anyone on what the digital footprint is, so our organization is resistant. Blackberry hasn't exactly been forthcoming in what they did to "secure" android.....if you can shine some light on it, we're all ears. It's surprising that when we ask so called experts in digital security what's leaking, in so many words they say they don't know.

Posted via CB10
    BioDave1955 likes this.
    11-18-17 10:39 PM
    So what do you need? K1 handles email and text just fine. And I was a diehard resistant to change.
    Sure, but the KEYone doesn't have the wide screen so useful for browsing, reading ebooks, emails, Office docs...

The KEYone doesn't have bluetooth aptx or a good dac, meaning it's not as good as the Passport as a music player.

For me main problems of the KEYone compared to the Passport is not Android vs BB10, there are hardware ones : give me a KEYone with a 4/3 screen and bluetooth aptx and i'm sold.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-17 06:08 AM
    Answer: Very easily. Just use it for what it was made for & maybe a few android apps (tools not 'fun stuff'). All of mine run at out of the box performance maybe 90% with an android messaging app running in the background.
    Last edited by teknofish; 11-19-17 at 07:24 AM. Reason: .
    11-19-17 07:23 AM
    The Office apps Docs To Go with hub (better than onenote imo), Calendar, the Clock is great use the timer and alarm all the time, saving webpages and reader mode, It's my music player got me some good headphones and a lot of tunes. assistant beatifully shiws what ived saved in the phon. Im not really missing anything.. Other apps come and go these features I have used for years.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 04:45 AM
    I don’t do selfies and don’t post on social networks and BB10 does nothing that I need it to do!

So PLEASE don’t generalize! Good to know that it suits your needs but I jumped ship cause BB10 was zero on the productivity scale for me.
    What did you need it to do?

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 05:07 AM
    It really depends what you're using it for. If you're being honest and realistic, it does not function at the same level as today's smartphones. If you're an eagles fan, BB10 is getting a ring this year. But in all seriousness, because it works for you doesn't mean it's the best or even at the level of today's entry level phones. For texting, email and phone sure its great. Can't use my banking app, can't use facebook unless I am willing to pay or go through the browser (which I do) and getting to the browser itself, it does load the two pages I visit most often, which is here and facebook. But if I do a Google search about anything, it won't load half the results. By today's smartphone standards, BB10 is a feature phone. If you don't know what that means, it means non-smartphone. I wil be moving on from BlackBerry altogether very soon.
    It really should load them that sucks man I run into that problem now and then but always seem to sort it out.

Posted via CB10
    11-20-17 05:11 AM
    What did you need it to do?

Posted via CB10
    For one, it needs to be able to connect to my work MDM. Pretty much all corporate MDM don’t allow BB10 nowadays.

I also need my CRM apps on my phone, which aren’t available on BB10.

Need to have a near desktop experience with working version of Office... which isn’t available (beside Doc to go which haven’t been upgraded for years and can’t even connect to my work drives).

Need to have cloud access to my work drives which isn’t available with BB10.
    11-20-17 10:15 AM
    I still use my Z30 but it is not my daily driver. The browser crashing constantly is really annoying. After 4 plus years BB10 is still the best mobile OS. Imagine if it was care and fed.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-17 09:01 AM
    I still use my Z30 but it is not my daily driver. The browser crashing constantly is really annoying. After 4 plus years BB10 is still the best mobile OS. Imagine if it was care and fed.

Posted via CB10
    Your browser crashes a lot? Mine is rock solid on the Z30, with the exception of the certificate issue of course. Have had more than 350 tabs open at once and routinely have 150+ open. What OS version are you on?
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-21-17 02:34 PM
    I am at 10.3.3.2031.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-17 02:37 PM
    Those are all valid but very specific needs. When it comes to work, you use what the company gives you. I have no say in the kind of laptop, monitor, OS or office apps I need to use at work nor do I expect to. Same goes for phones.

For a personal mobile, that's another story. None of those scenarios you listed are applicable to nearly any personal users.

BTW, NO mobile office app gives even remotely a desktop experience, and that includes MS Office on Windows Phone. Not unless by desktop experience you mean Wordpad, cause that's pretty much what it's like.
    The best of the bunch is SoftMaker Office, which runs just fine on BB10

Posted via CB10
    11-21-17 04:15 PM
    Those are all valid but very specific needs. When it comes to work, you use what the company gives you. I have no say in the kind of laptop, monitor, OS or office apps I need to use at work nor do I expect to. Same goes for phones.

For a personal mobile, that's another story. None of those scenarios you listed are applicable to nearly any personal users.

BTW, NO mobile office app gives even remotely a desktop experience, and that includes MS Office on Windows Phone. Not unless by desktop experience you mean Wordpad, cause that's pretty much what it's like.

Posted via CB10
    Ehhh you every tried MS Office on iOS? It’s basically the closest thing you can get to desktop... and that includes collaboration, cloud access, full compatibility
    11-21-17 07:05 PM
    Ehhh you every tried MS Office on iOS? It’s basically the closest thing you can get to desktop... and that includes collaboration, cloud access, full compatibility
    Does this require cloud integration like their OneNote app, or can you use it with a network store over VPN?
    11-22-17 12:56 AM
    I use the classic still ok a little slow sometime I tryed the priv but I don't like it I really happy with bb10 so ill stay with it as long as I can

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and rayporsche like this.
    11-22-17 04:58 AM
    Get what you want and be happy.

We all have different needs and requirements when it comes to the technology we use. If BB10 or iOS or Android meets those requirements for you, then that's all that matters.

Every platform has its strengths and weaknesses. What it comes down to for each of us is which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

Get what works for you and be happy. And it's OK to let others be happy even if they choose differently than you.

If you feel compelled to go out of your way to bash other platforms and the people who use them, maybe you're not as content and happy with your choice as you think you are.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    Qorax likes this.
    11-22-17 07:29 AM
    Get what you want and be happy.

We all have different needs and requirements when it comes to the technology we use. If BB10 or iOS or Android meets those requirements for you, then that's all that matters.

Every platform has its strengths and weaknesses. What it comes down to for each of us is which strengths we want and which weaknesses we are willing to live with.

Get what works for you and be happy. And it's OK to let others be happy even if they choose differently than you.

If you feel compelled to go out of your way to bash other platforms and the people who use them, maybe you're not as content and happy with your choice as you think you are.

 BlackBerry | CLASSIC
    I really like your post. I never understood why other people don't look at it like that as well....all of the platforms have their strengths and weaknesses.

That said, the one thing I believe is a bit different about bb10 users is that they currently have a platform that does meet their needs but is being discontinued. They're overwhelmingly frustrated, not because they love bb10, but because they don't have anywhere else to go that can meet their needs.

I know that's the position I'm in, and our company is in. It is not about a certain brand or flavor, we need something that improves our lives....but what's the plan when the current product offerings don't meet your needs? It's a dilemma. We're well aware bb10 is on its last leg, and we're looking for solutions to migrate to. We just haven't found one yet. That's why I do like hearing about other's experiences with ios and android. I don't particularly like debating which is "better" I just want to know what it can and can't do....though sometimes you do feel like you have to defend yourself on this site a bit! Haha.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-22-17 01:29 PM
    I really like your post. I never understood why other people don't look at it like that as well....all of the platforms have their strengths and weaknesses.

That said, the one thing I believe is a bit different about bb10 users is that they currently have a platform that does meet their needs but is being discontinued. They're overwhelmingly frustrated, not because they love bb10, but because they don't have anywhere else to go that can meet their needs.

I know that's the position I'm in, and our company is in. It is not about a certain brand or flavor, we need something that improves our lives....but what's the plan when the current product offerings don't meet your needs? It's a dilemma. We're well aware bb10 is on its last leg, and we're looking for solutions to migrate to. We just haven't found one yet. That's why I do like hearing about other's experiences with ios and android. I don't particularly like debating which is "better" I just want to know what it can and can't do....though sometimes you do feel like you have to defend yourself on this site a bit! Haha.
    I know exactly where you're coming from - I share your frustration!

The PlayBook was the first BlackBerry device I ever owned and was my "gateway drug" to the world of BlackBerry. Over the years I've owned and actively used the Curve 8530, Torch 9810, Bold 9900, Z10, Q5, Q10, Z30, Classic, and Passport OG, and Passport SE.

I currently use an iPhone as my daily driver, but I sometimes carry around and use my Classic (with no SIM in it), too, because I just can't seem to quit that iconic BlackBerry keyboard and 1:1 form factor. If BB10 had access to all the apps and functionality I've come to enjoy on iOS, I'd still be using a BB10 device.

But make no mistake, I am and always will be a BlackBerry refugee. I use iOS out of necessity - because it's the most effective way to securely communicate with family and friends, most of whom also have iPhones and prefer iMessage and FaceTime and because it has access to all the apps I could possibly want or need.

I've tried and tried to like Android - and it does have a lot going for it - but I don't like the UI (no matter what launchers I try it's still lipstick on a pig to me) and the TCL's BlackBerry phones look nice, but they don't have enough of the BlackBerry DNA I've come to know and love to make me fork over actual money to own one. Then there's the concerns about security and privacy. Even BB Mobile devices running Android cannot be as secure as BB10 phones would be, were they still actively supported, because they are dependent on Google for security patches and OS updates. That means they are susceptible to all the Android vulnerabilities that inevitably come to light until Google decides to patch them.

And then there's the issue of Android, underneath all the glitz and glamor, being a glorified data collection tool to feed Google's targeted advertising business - which is their primary business model and the greatest source of revenue. I see BlackBerry Mobile's claims of superior privacy and security to be hollow, if not downright false, for this fact alone. How secure and private is the data collected by Google, really? We have to take their word for it, don't we. Because if we want to use ANY of their products or services, we have to agree to allow them to collect that data.

Windows 10 Mobile is going the way of BB10. Microsoft said they will not issue any further major OS updates for Win10 Mobile and will be releasing only minor bug fixes and security patches through 2019, at which time official support will end. I tried a Lumia 950 for a while and there were a lot of things to like, but it suffered many of the same issues as BB10, like lack of apps.

At least Microsoft are being straightforward with their customers and clients and clear about how and when Win10 Mobile will die. We have never been able to get a straight answer about the future of BB10 from anyone at BlackBerry, and that only adds to the frustration.
    11-22-17 01:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    I like the docs to go on bb10. I keep them archived with my email and hub so on desktop I can just get them from outlook.com and edit them

Posted via CB10
    11-22-17 02:12 PM
    I use it as a primary phone still here in the USA. I'm not someone that's big on apps, so the lack of them in BlackBerry World is fine with me. The physical keyboard on the phone is exactly what I love as well.

Posted Via Porsche Design P'9983
    11-22-17 10:06 PM
    I was switching back and forth between my Passport SE and my Keyone as I was trying out the Keyone during the week to give it a test run and then one day I couldn’t use BBM any longer on my Passport. I came to find out you could not longer have your BBM account with both OS. Not even a warning about it! Now my Passport is no longer being used as I don’t have my BBM account on my Passport. I can wipe and create a new BB ID but all the apps I bought for BB10 device will have to be repurchased. What a situation, right. Ugh!
    ratfinkstooley likes this.
    11-22-17 11:31 PM
    ...though sometimes you do feel like you have to defend yourself on this site a bit! Haha.
    True that. There are some members here (especially seniors) who go on outright Blackberry bashing mode the moment something is penned about BB10. Note that I said "Blackberry bashing" - not just BB10 bashing, which is so surprising given that it is a Blackberry forum. And many of the times they're mean (you can get it from the tone of their post/s). However, when it comes to DroidBerry (especially the KeyOne) - it is all hunky dory.
    elfabio80 and rayporsche like this.
    11-23-17 07:29 AM
    I transferred all my data (contacts, mails, sms, pictures, videos, notes, calendar) from my Passport to my Priv using Content Transfer, and always backed up my Passport with Link.
    How'd you get link to work? My experience was horrible. Could never get it to work?! Had to move data from Q10 to BlackBerry Passport SE via Content Transfer.

If you have any tips, please reply within this forum & or send me a message with my pin (i.e. 2C325791 ). Many thanks, ARQ
    12-03-17 11:35 AM
    How'd you get link to work? My experience was horrible. Could never get it to work?! Had to move data from Q10 to BlackBerry Passport SE via Content Transfer.

If you have any tips, please reply within this forum & or send me a message with my pin (i.e. 2C325791 ). Many thanks, ARQ
    Try this:

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...23459/?mn_qa=1
    12-03-17 05:33 PM
    Majority of the so called BB die hard fans were nothing but regular fans who would jump to the next "big" thing the moment propaganda hit them. Let's not kid ourselves - BB10 is a tool for specific tasks and very few people perform those tasks. Look around - it's mindless drones making selfies or posting on (anti) social networks everywhere! It's the world today. They jump not because they cannot use the device anymore, they jump because they never needed it in the first place. My Passport does absolutely everything any other device can do plus all the things no other device can! Question answered...
    THIS ^ is true in many, many cases. There's a reason that, when companies paid for BlackBerry devices, they didn't issue them to every employee. In many cases, spending an extra $2000+ a year per employee wouldn't add to company productivity enough to justify the cost.

Consumers love smart phones because they want to enhance their lifestyle. Most of these phones are lifestyle accessories now.

But only a small percentage of professionals need to communicate in writing often when away from their computers. That hasn't changed in the past 10 years.

When you consider that most estimates of "full literacy" in the US is < 15% of the population, and that that is only LOOSELY correlated with job responsibility, it makes sense that only a very small number of people have professional roles where the production of high quality electronic correspondence is a primary task.

That small percentage is the core BlackBerry user. For them, BB10 and BBOS are still highly usable and in some cases superior to iOS and Android.

There may be many others who prefer that text-based focus in their personal lives, but they are the exception. Most people just want a screen to watch stuff on, whether it's a social network feed or a game or a video.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    rayporsche and ARQ-Keighley like this.
    12-05-17 09:42 AM
386 ... 45678 ...