Im not going to pay for a browser when android has the choices they have for free. The retailers site mentioned is not really a problem for me I only ever need the stock browser for what I do. I was just curious about the problem.

It might be the javascript though, stock browser can handle that but seeing how old it is it does not use the most recent.

The android browser already on the phone can turn JS on and off also but its pretty old too and I need an apk like an android launcher to open it still.

Posted via CB10

I'm guessing javascript issue. I've never seen anything quite like that before. I've seen some weird things with password keeper and browsers in general, but never a situation where you literally couldn't type.

Leyra, out of random curiosity, what world time zone are you in? Either you keep funny hours (like I do), or you've got to be somewhere else....but you seem to post right around the same time I do - give or take.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 06:51 PM
    I'm guessing javascript issue. I've never seen anything quite like that before. I've seen some weird things with password keeper and browsers in general, but never a situation where you literally couldn't type.

Leyra, out of random curiosity, what world time zone are you in? Either you keep funny hours (like I do), or you've got to be somewhere else....but you seem to post right around the same time I do - give or take.

Posted via CB10
    Pacific Time -8, yea my hours are irregular.

Completely forgot about that.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-15-17 at 08:27 AM.
    11-14-17 06:55 PM
    Z30 - all day, every day. Email, texting, browsing, banking - no problem. Check weather forecast and radar before heading out for fieldwork. Maybe take a peek at GasBuddy before starting BB Maps. Everything works well, even the phone! Yes, the phone! Good call quality and the contacts manager is well organized. Love File Manager! Battery still holds charge pretty much all day. Now, a word about Facebook. I don't do Facebook, but my wife grabs my Z30 and jumps on Face10 when her IPhone battery runs down.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-14-17 08:27 PM
    Z30 - I don't do Facebook, but my wife grabs my Z30 and jumps on Face10 when her IPhone battery runs down.

Posted via CB10
    Love this.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-14-17 08:56 PM
    Most of the time I use Evolution in private browsing mode with javascript off because I have a limited data plan. Some sites don't like the private mode because their cookies don't work so I turn it off on those.
    11-15-17 03:46 PM
    I dont have an account so I did not hit sign in but if I put an email and password in Password Keeper with the website set as their login my information was put into the field.

Haha wow.. made an account on the device and that worked for getting in but even with PK the sign in was gone. Could fill out the data if I saved the page but wouldn't sign me in. Kind of funny considering this page
    https://www.starbucks.ca/about-us/co...-accessibility
    Im a Tims fan anyway

Posted via CB10
    By complete coincidence I came across another website last night doing the exact same thing.

I was on kohl's website and needed to make a quick purchase from my phone. Everything worked fine right up until the point I was supposed to input my credit card number. Then, same as Starbucks, it was like I wasn't even typing. I couldn't get it to do anything when it came to the credit card. Changed browsers, desktop mode, the works, still nothing.

Certain sites must be implementing new security features for login/checkout and BB10 isn't up to par. I'm guessing we start seeing more and more of these over the next several months.

Frustrating and a little depressing.

Posted via CB10
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    11-15-17 07:40 PM
    By complete coincidence I came across another website last night doing the exact same thing.

I was on kohl's website and needed to make a quick purchase from my phone. Everything worked fine right up until the point I was supposed to input my credit card number. Then, same as Starbucks, it was like I wasn't even typing. I couldn't get it to do anything when it came to the credit card. Changed browsers, desktop mode, the works, still nothing.

Certain sites must be implementing new security features for login/checkout and BB10 isn't up to par. I'm guessing we start seeing more and more of these over the next several months.

Frustrating and a little depressing.

Posted via CB10
    Man that is unfortunate, the internet is changing in a lot of ways especially in the U.S and you're right
    "Frustrating and a little depressing."

Ill post this link again I found it interesting and regards the issues I think.
    https://www.starbucks.ca/about-us/co...-accessibility

I am also concerned about where this subject might lead.
    https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/...ng-your-emails

The biggest worry I had about things like the recent KRACK was not whether I or anyone I knew would be affected but what kinds of things would be done in response.

People are willing to spend and shop online but now blackberry10 is getting the cold shoulder..Althought the greed in the BB World apps is frustrating also.Sigh.. You can still go to those pages on windows XP.

I love seeing APK's for download from the provider of the app. What we need is an upgrade to BB10's Android.
    Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-15-17 at 09:35 PM.
    11-15-17 09:10 PM
    I don't know how I do it. It's weird, I pick up my phone, it's still on. Sometimes I make these things called 'phone calls', somebody always picks up on the other end and I can talk with them. Sometimes people call me.
    It's just as weird as this texting thing. I type in something, it appears to get sent off somewhere and pretty soon I get a reply.

The other day I tried this newfangled feature called a "browser". Couldn't get to my bank so I tried banking-on-line. Lots of people do it apparently. I could see why, it's pretty convenient.

Just a couple weeks a go I went on a business trip to some strange and foreign land. I think it was called New England and people there spoke Murican or something like that. Oddly my phone has these maps things that helped me get around and some translators for communicating with the locals. I even got real time status updates for my flights

Shhh... sometimes when I'm bored, I actually... play some games on my phone. Shocking!

I don't get it. People tell me BB10 is dead and it's not possible to use anymore but somehow my phones keep on working. None of my friends, family or coworkers even know what phone I'm using unless they've physically seen it in my hand. It's...it's almost like BB10 is still communicating with everyone else via some standard protocol or something...hmm...
    11-17-17 12:34 PM
    I don't know how I do it. It's weird, I pick up my phone, it's still on. Sometimes I make these things called 'phone calls', somebody always picks up on the other end and I can talk with them. Sometimes people call me.
    It's just as weird as this texting thing. I type in something, it appears to get sent off somewhere and pretty soon I get a reply.

The other day I tried this newfangled feature called a "browser". Couldn't get to my bank so I tried banking-on-line. Lots of people do it apparently. I could see why, it's pretty convenient.

Just a couple weeks a go I went on a business trip to some strange and foreign land. I think it was called New England and people there spoke Murican or something like that. Oddly my phone has these maps things that helped me get around and some translators for communicating with the locals. I even got real time status updates for my flights

Shhh... sometimes when I'm bored, I actually... play some games on my phone. Shocking!

I don't get it. People tell me BB10 is dead and it's not possible to use anymore but somehow my phones keep on working. None of my friends, family or coworkers even know what phone I'm using unless they've physically seen it in my hand. It's...it's almost like BB10 is still communicating with everyone else via some standard protocol or something...hmm...
    The important thing is that it meets your needs. Unfortunately, for lots of people, it doesn’t. I for instance can’t even connect to my work with my Z30 anymore. It’s just a paperweight now
    11-17-17 12:59 PM
    This also suits my needs and works perfectly for me, plus my bb passport gets a lot of positive attention :-)

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and ShalokShalom like this.
    11-17-17 02:18 PM
    My BlackBerry Q10 is still working quite nicely. How and why am I using it? Because I like it and take good care of it.
    11-17-17 07:14 PM
    My BlackBerry Q10 is still working quite nicely. How and why am I using it? Because I like it and take good care of it.
    I did too. But you will be amazed at the trade offs with moving on.
    11-17-17 08:40 PM
    I did too. But you will be amazed at the trade offs with moving on.
    What kind of tradeoffs?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-17 09:10 PM
    What kind of tradeoffs?

Posted via CB10
    The apps for one. I prefer app motivations in the tray instead of the Hub.
    11-17-17 09:20 PM
    The apps for one. I prefer app motivations in the tray instead of the Hub.
    I think everyone who loves BB10 does so because of the HUB and it being a one stop shop for all notifications. If this is not your preference then definitely BB10 is not for you.

I personally don't think that I am missing one app that I want or need. All rights APK'S I need work and work well.
    11-18-17 10:49 AM
    There's absolutely no reason for me to switch to anything else! My Passport is as fast as possible and handles everything I need better, hell, way better than anything else ever invented. I plan on buying another Passport off ebay (they go for $150-200) so I have myself covered for the next 10 years. If it doesn't physically break down it's for life! Best device ever made!
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-18-17 01:59 PM
    Majority of the so called BB die hard fans were nothing but regular fans who would jump to the next "big" thing the moment propaganda hit them. Let's not kid ourselves - BB10 is a tool for specific tasks and very few people perform those tasks. Look around - it's mindless drones making selfies or posting on (anti) social networks everywhere! It's the world today. They jump not because they cannot use the device anymore, they jump because they never needed it in the first place. My Passport does absolutely everything any other device can do plus all the things no other device can! Question answered...
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-18-17 02:07 PM
    Majority of the so called BB die hard fans were nothing but regular fans who would jump to the next "big" thing the moment propaganda hit them. Let's not kid ourselves - BB10 is a tool for specific tasks and very few people perform those tasks. Look around - it's mindless drones making selfies or posting on (anti) social networks everywhere! It's the world today. They jump not because they cannot use the device anymore, they jump because they never needed it in the first place. My Passport does absolutely everything any other device can do plus all the things no other device can! Question answered...
    Agreed, as long as the browser works. If we don't have a working browser that's a tough sell.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 02:11 PM
    BB10 as an OS is great and probably more geared towards productivity than anything else on the market. That's all moot though if you don't have access to communication and business apps that work as well as they do on other platforms.
    11-18-17 02:52 PM
    BB10 as an OS is great and probably more geared towards productivity than anything else on the market. That's all moot though if you don't have access to communication and business apps that work as well as they do on other platforms.
    So it is not as productive then!
    11-18-17 03:05 PM
    I don’t do selfies and don’t post on social networks and BB10 does nothing that I need it to do!

So PLEASE don’t generalize! Good to know that it suits your needs but I jumped ship cause BB10 was zero on the productivity scale for me.
    11-18-17 03:54 PM
    Guess that depends on what you need it to do....

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 05:00 PM
    I don’t do selfies and don’t post on social networks and BB10 does nothing that I need it to do!

So PLEASE don’t generalize! Good to know that it suits your needs but I jumped ship cause BB10 was zero on the productivity scale for me.
    It's funny, I have an iPhone sitting on my desk that I say the same thing about all the time....I find it incredibly frustrating to use and I'm constantly asking people how to do this or that with it to which they reply, "I don't think it does that...." they're just built with two different mind sets.

To each his own.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-17 05:06 PM
    Guess that depends on what you need it to do....

Posted via CB10
    So what do you need? K1 handles email and text just fine. And I was a diehard resistant to change.
    11-18-17 06:48 PM
    Yep, unless you or your company are using BlackBerry services it's a far cry from the early days of BB10.
    11-18-17 08:00 PM
386 ... 34567 ...