For my Passport I've figured out which websites want different features turned on or off in Evolution Browser. My bank and credit card sites want Javascript on, ad blocker and private browsing off with browser emulation set to Chrome. I use a Samsung tablet for Kindle, Amazon Music and Google Maps. BB10 still works great for PDFs and I love the file manager and depend on Remember for everything.
    With the smart tags app you can keep browser links and set them to open in either private, regular or an alternative browser. Nice if one is kept on desktop mode. Might as well use a url shortener for the link too.

Posted via CB10
    Qorax and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    11-06-17 05:12 AM
    What is the smart tags app?
    11-06-17 07:37 AM
    If anyone is interested there is a new Firefox Browser Beta for Android out and it works excellent on the Passport.
    There is also a couple addons for YouTube playing in the background and high definition.

Here are the links.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/channel/android/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...ound-play-fix/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/and...gh-definition/
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 11-10-17 at 06:37 PM.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-06-17 03:42 PM
    Own a Priv and a KEYone and am very comfortable using Android (and iOS), but I still find BB10 better for the things I do all day, which is

1)reading hundreds and sending dozens of medium to long, carefully composed emails daily, across multiple accounts on different corporate networks, with lots of attachments.

2) maintaining multiple calendars and tasks on the same accounts

The above is 90%+ of my smartphone use. Optimizing that is much more important than anything I want or need to do that BB10 doesn't do as well.

I don't use Cobalt's method or install any other apps that don't come from BlackBerry World, because when I've done that, my device performance seems to suffer

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Qorax and i_plod_an_dr_void like this.
    11-07-17 08:08 AM
    how? how not? it's fantastic.

Posted via CBX
    11-10-17 09:59 AM
    how? how not? it's fantastic.

Posted via CBX
    This!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 04:01 PM
    This!

Posted via CB10
    Lol. I have moved to the K1. It definitely takes a bit to get used to it but it is nice.
    11-11-17 04:04 PM
    With the smart tags app you can keep browser links and set them to open in either private, regular or an alternative browser. Nice if one is kept on desktop mode. Might as well use a url shortener for the link too.

Posted via CB10
    Can you elaborate on this method? Getting shortcuts to open in different browsers would be a great feature for me.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-17 08:27 PM
    Can you elaborate on this method? Getting shortcuts to open in different browsers would be a great feature for me.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    I start with adding a contact for an image in the "Smart Tags" app.

It should be stock and does not take up much space.
    Don't have to add a contact as the face can be anything just makes it look better.

For those who are still using a BB10 device...how?-img_20171111_212147.png

Then long press to add more, add "Web" or "Other" if its an html/text/doc url.

You have to copy the link of the file from the stock browser or it might not work properly due to formatting.

For those who are still using a BB10 device...how?-img_20171111_211252.png
    For those who are still using a BB10 device...how?-img_20171111_212506.png

Then long press the tag you added for a default "Open In" selection. Your choice should be saved to the individual tag.

For those who are still using a BB10 device...how?-img_20171111_212535.png
    For those who are still using a BB10 device...how?-img_20171111_212545.png
    For those who are still using a BB10 device...how?-img_20171111_212924.png

Check the "Set as Default App" and thats it.
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-12-17 at 12:37 AM.
    11-11-17 11:40 PM
    I start with adding a contact for an image in the "Smart Tags" app.

It should be stock and does not take up much space.
    Don't have to add a contact as the face can be anything just makes it look better.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20171111_212147.png 
Views:	780 
Size:	222.7 KB 
ID:	431359

Then long press to add more, add "Web" or "Other" if its an html/text/doc url.

You have to copy the link of the file from the stock browser or it might not work properly due to formatting.

Name:	IMG_20171111_211252.png 
Views:	778 
Size:	120.5 KB 
ID:	431360

Name:	IMG_20171111_212506.png 
Views:	776 
Size:	130.4 KB 
ID:	431361

Then long press the tag you added for a default "Open In" selection. Your choice should be saved to the individual tag.

Name:	IMG_20171111_212535.png 
Views:	779 
Size:	224.9 KB 
ID:	431362

Name:	IMG_20171111_212545.png 
Views:	774 
Size:	228.8 KB 
ID:	431363

Name:	IMG_20171111_212924.png 
Views:	777 
Size:	68.4 KB 
ID:	431364

Check the "Set as Default App" and thats it.
    Thank you for such a detailed reply!!!!! I've never really used the app before.....was never sure what it was really supposed to do.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 02:07 AM
    Yea I never found any info on what you could do with it, went through much trial and error.

Really it is for making QR codes, automating processes with NFC, and sharing Information but I have it as kind of an Index of information.

It's great for library cards or store points cards also as it does barcodes. So you don't have to carry them around in a wallet.

Has a lot more functionality though. URL's are pretty universal.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-12-17 at 02:55 AM.
    11-12-17 02:22 AM
    Would any of the nfc tags work with the passport or only specific ones?

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 03:05 AM
    Would any of the nfc tags work with the passport or only specific ones?

Posted via CB10
    That there actually are some Videos on, not much detail..
    I wanted to see what kind of strings of processes had been automated *ie Tap a Tag send a bunch of emails*
    yet nothing.

Just what kind of tags work and how to use them for something basic like an alarm, bluetooth, or WiFi.

I am not sure what kind of NFC tags won't work, but you don't need NFC tags to use the app. Only the "Smart Triggers" Bluetooth and WiFi need em.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-12-17 at 04:21 AM.
    11-12-17 03:53 AM
    OK thanks for the info. The nfc tags would be really handy for switching the wifi on and off as I enter and exit the house. Just thinking about it would the phone need to be unlocked for the tags to work. As I was typing wifi above wife kept being suggested, just wish I could get a nfc tag for switching her on and off ;-). ( for the benefit of those without a sense of humour yes this is just a joke)

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 05:37 AM
    OK thanks for the info. The nfc tags would be really handy for switching the wifi on and off as I enter and exit the house. Just thinking about it would the phone need to be unlocked for the tags to work. As I was typing wifi above wife kept being suggested, just wish I could get a nfc tag for switching her on and off ;-). ( for the benefit of those without a sense of humour yes this is just a joke)

Posted via CB10
    Again not sure, take a look at the settings for NFC, the phone can be locked even off for some types of NFC interaction.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 06:11 AM
    OK thanks for the info. I have checked with the settings and can able the nfc to operate with the passport locked. Just need to get a few tags now!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 06:59 AM
    Using a passport. Bought a priv when it came out. It's nice but it's not a Blackberry. I kow all phones can and do track us but Blackberry doesn't throw it in your face like Google. My Priv sits and collects dust as I use my passport daily. It works flawlessly and is as quick as the day I bought it. I actually got my mom to dump her windows phone and then priv to get a z30. It's he favorite phone and she's had an iphone a windows phone and an android. I will use Blackberry 10 until I can't. From there ill probably go back to flip before I ever use ios or Android. I'd go windows but not the 2 mainstream devices that bully you into their ecosystem

Posted via CB10
    11-12-17 08:18 PM
    Will have to use my leap for a bit as my LG is sent out getting warranty repairs 😢😢
    11-12-17 08:56 PM
    For my Passport I've figured out which websites want different features turned on or off in Evolution Browser. My bank and credit card sites want Javascript on, ad blocker and private browsing off with browser emulation set to Chrome. I use a Samsung tablet for Kindle, Amazon Music and Google Maps. BB10 still works great for PDFs and I love the file manager and depend on Remember for everything.
    Weird question, but since it sounds like you've got the websites figured out.....are you able to get the Starbucks website to let you login?

Someone on another thread mentioned that it won't even let them even type their username or password no matter which BB10 device they used pkb or vkb. I don't have a Starbucks account, but it piqued my curiosity so I tried it myself with the same results. I switched between stock browser, private browser, and Zeus, and then cycled through again using desktop mode. Same result. I also tried a cycle using copy/paste. Same result yet again. It's the strangest thing. It's like you're not even typing. They said it just started happening to them the other day.

I'm very curious/concerned, because if Starbucks has made some changes that prohibit bb10 in some way, other websites won't be far behind.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 12:30 AM
    Weird question, but since it sounds like you've got the websites figured out.....are you able to get the Starbucks website to let you login?

Someone on another thread mentioned that it won't even let them even type their username or password no matter which BB10 device they used pkb or vkb. I don't have a Starbucks account, but it piqued my curiosity so I tried it myself with the same results. I switched between stock browser, private browser, and Zeus, and then cycled through again using desktop mode. Same result. I also tried a cycle using copy/paste. Same result yet again. It's the strangest thing. It's like you're not even typing. They said it just started happening to them the other day.

I'm very curious/concerned, because if Starbucks has made some changes that prohibit bb10 in some way, other websites won't be far behind.

Posted via CB10
    I dont have an account so I did not hit sign in but if I put an email and password in Password Keeper with the website set as their login my information was put into the field.

Haha wow.. made an account on the device and that worked for getting in but even with PK the sign in was gone. Could fill out the data if I saved the page but wouldn't sign me in. Kind of funny considering this page
    https://www.starbucks.ca/about-us/co...-accessibility
    Im a Tims fan anyway

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-14-17 at 04:19 AM.
    11-14-17 03:56 AM
    I dont have an account so I did not hit sign in but if I put an email and password in Password Keeper with the website set as their login my information was put into the field.

Haha wow.. made an account on the device and that worked for getting in but even with PK the sign in was gone. Could fill out the data if I saved the page but wouldn't sign me in. Kind of funny considering this page
    https://www.starbucks.ca/about-us/co...-accessibility
    Im a Tims fan anyway

Posted via CB10
    It's weird, right? What browser were you using?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 04:25 AM
    It's weird, right? What browser were you using?

Posted via CB10
    I tried the stock browser and Qbrowser. If it remembers your type I could swipe up to autofill.. couldnt get the password in that way though. Just looking at the page I saved and first assumption would be that it is the BB keyboard being the issue, not sure but if so that sucks.

This worked but..
    https://card.starbucks.ch/login.aspx?l=en

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-14-17 at 04:48 AM.
    11-14-17 04:37 AM
    Some retail sites don't function properly without javascript turned on; both Evolution and Browsie have on/off toggles for it.
    11-14-17 02:55 PM
    Some retail sites don't function properly without javascript turned on; both Evolution and Browsie have on/off toggles for it.
    Im not going to pay for a browser when android has the choices they have for free. The retailers site mentioned is not really a problem for me I only ever need the stock browser for what I do. I was just curious about the problem.

It might be the javascript though, stock browser can handle that but seeing how old it is it does not use the most recent.

The android browser already on the phone can turn JS on and off also but its pretty old too and I need an apk like an android launcher to open it still.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 11-14-17 at 05:36 PM.
    11-14-17 05:13 PM
    Which browsers do you have/use/prefer, and why? I think I need to install a couple more. Using stock and Zeus right now.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-17 06:42 PM
386 ... 23456 ...