Passport remains my primary mobile device until it dies (or its battery - if I can't replace it).
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-08-17 07:07 PM
    Recently I try to add all my flights and bookings in BlackBerry travel and it is so well that sync into my calendar and set reminder of my schedule. Just wonder if BlackBerry OS is supported by Apple, it will be the best device of the 5 years even longer with all apps support.

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    10-08-17 09:08 PM
    I know it's a lot of work but I did wipe my Passport and formatted the SD card then loaded all the files I needed back manually. I believe that formatting the SD card was just as important as wiping the phone. It contains a file system that has to be accessed just the same.
    I could not be happier with the results and think I will be going back to it full time.

I did not use any of Cobalt's fixes this time but I did download Yalp Store for my android appetite and Taskmanager from GPS to keep track of android apps running in the background. Taskmanager can show you what's running and let's you hold your finger on the app to access Android Settings and force close anything you choose.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport ***
    Many thanks for this.

Quick question - HOW did you manage to backup your Passport? I haven't been able to backup my Passport for over a year (and am a little concerned at how I will transfer my data to a new KeyOne if I end up getting one).
    10-09-17 10:37 AM
    Many thanks for this.

Quick question - HOW did you manage to backup your Passport? I haven't been able to backup my Passport for over a year (and am a little concerned at how I will transfer my data to a new KeyOne if I end up getting one).

*** if you need a backup of texts msg's then you will need to find a way to save what you need. I believe there are apps in the Blackberry World for that.

I moved as much as I could to the cloud and I only use X-Plore from the Google Play Store for cloud transfer cause it shows you the progress and it still connects to DropBox as well.

The rest I moved to the SD card and did backups from each app that provided the option to do so.

Next step is to take the SD Card out and using an SD card reader copy (not move) all the files to a folder on your computer. Make sure you have all of it.

Make sure your contacts are all synced to your Gmail account or Hotmail so you don't loose your contacts.
    *** go online and verify you have them all in your hotmail or Gmail account.

Security Wipe
    Make sure you have Blackberry Protect turned off. This will ensure you either have you proper Blackberry ID at the very least. I know I had to double check and do it a couple times to be sure. Very important!!!
    Now you can do a security wipe from settings/ security and privacy/ security wipe.

After you are done the wipe you can then go and format the SD Card.

When all is done load all the apps and files needed back on to the device and SD card manually. A manual setup will ensure no bugs or glitches are returned to the device ensuring a smooth running OS.

Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-09-17 at 11:53 AM.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-09-17 11:18 AM
    I am using Q20 its always failed to connect while download maps.

Posted via CB10
    Hi, same problem, cannot download maps. Wrote two times to developers and no answer .

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 05:10 AM
    *** if you need a backup of texts msg's then you will need to find a way to save what you need. I believe there are apps in the Blackberry World for that.

I moved as much as I could to the cloud and I only use X-Plore from the Google Play Store for cloud transfer cause it shows you the progress and it still connects to DropBox as well.

The rest I moved to the SD card and did backups from each app that provided the option to do so.

Next step is to take the SD Card out and using an SD card reader copy (not move) all the files to a folder on your computer. Make sure you have all of it.

Make sure your contacts are all synced to your Gmail account or Hotmail so you don't loose your contacts.
    *** go online and verify you have them all in your hotmail or Gmail account.

Security Wipe
    Make sure you have Blackberry Protect turned off. This will ensure you either have you proper Blackberry ID at the very least. I know I had to double check and do it a couple times to be sure. Very important!!!
    Now you can do a security wipe from settings/ security and privacy/ security wipe.

After you are done the wipe you can then go and format the SD Card.

When all is done load all the apps and files needed back on to the device and SD card manually. A manual setup will ensure no bugs or glitches are returned to the device ensuring a smooth running OS.

Bblink or BackupPro from bbw. Both work well.

Posted via CB10
    ARQ-Keighley likes this.
    10-12-17 05:12 AM
    Q10 and Q20 works greate!
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-12-17 05:47 AM
    Still using a 2014 Passport. I've got a spare in a box. I've done a little looking around, but I've yet to find anything I'm terribly excited about.

I don't use Facebook, Twitter, or WhatsApp, so I just don't care about them. I use SMS to Email Pro, RPNator, BeWeather Pro, and BeMaps Pro -- and that's pretty much it.

I also use a Bold 9900 as a handy second phone.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-12-17 09:24 AM
    My passport works just fine. No slowness here.

I don't use a lot of apps, and the ones I use work just fine.

I'm more irritated by the lack of apps working on a desktop than on my BB10 device. I prefer using a computer to a phone anyways, and don't understand why some apps force you to only use them through a phone.... it's so inefficient to get work done that way.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-12-17 03:58 PM
    The hub and basic browsing are fine. If your notifications are sent to an email service that works well with the hub shouldnt have much wait time or any at all. What are you expecting it to do?

Posted via CB10
    10-12-17 07:48 PM
    I transferred all my data (contacts, mails, sms, pictures, videos, notes, calendar) from my Passport to my Priv using Content Transfer, and always backed up my Passport with Link.
    10-12-17 07:58 PM
    My Classic still works just fine. I don't need to use a ton of apps to function (although I totally understand that everyone's situation is different and some people have jobs that require certain apps to work on a mobile device). I can still sync my blackberry calendar to my laptop calendar with BlackberryLink.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-16-17 12:46 AM
    You see... You have a million plus apps on each platform ( iPhone and Andriod) and some people are going to change platform and buy a new phone just because of a few apps!! Must be a life or death situation !! No disrespect! I just find it a bit odd just over an app that's all.
    10-17-17 07:46 AM
    You see... You have a million plus apps on each platform ( iPhone and Andriod) and some people are going to change platform and buy a new phone just because of a few apps!! Must be a life or death situation !! No disrespect! I just find it a bit odd just over an app that's all.
    Some people find them useful. It's just like anything else that people choose that they find enjoyable or useful. You don't really need cable,heated seats in your car, etc.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 07:49 AM
    I ran a DTEK60 for a couple of months but went back to my Passport. Although my PP has been abused and dropped more times than I can count, and it was running glitchy as a result, I still preferred BB10 and the device over the 60. Unfortunately, my PP has bitten the dust since and I am now running on my back-up Leap but I'm loving it! I don't know why but it's running smoother, quicker and more reliably than it ever did before, and with the recent update to Cobalt's Play Store, so do my Android apps although I can't see a reason for that. Maybe it's just my imagination. I do desperately miss NFC, though.

Having said that, I am interested in the Motion when it launches but it's down to price. I know I have to make the switch to Android at some point so I may as well then if it all works out.

*EDIT*

Just thought of another reason why I prefer BB10 devices over Android; BBM. I can't stand the Android BBM experience and much prefer the simplicity and seriousness of the BB10 version. I'm 51 years old, why would I be interested in unicorn stickers??? If I make the switch to the Motion I'll probably keep my Leap as a WiFi only device and run BBM from there.
    Last edited by A Noise Annoys; 10-17-17 at 09:04 AM.
    10-17-17 08:24 AM
    I agree! I have a Q10 and I think is great and does what I want it to do. Love the security on it and its a size I like, but I also like the Passport and its size and if I had that no way would I change that for the sake of an app!! Maybe Blackberry will surprise everyone with something new and innovative !!
    Deep down inside people are here because they do not want Blackberry to vanish and that includes me too!!
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-17-17 08:24 AM
    My passport works just fine. No slowness here.

I don't use a lot of apps, and the ones I use work just fine.

I'm more irritated by the lack of apps working on a desktop than on my BB10 device. I prefer using a computer to a phone anyways, and don't understand why some apps force you to only use them through a phone.... it's so inefficient to get work done that way.
    So they can collect all your data and learn where you go each day.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 01:18 PM
    Basically... DITTO.

My Passport is still fantastic for managing multiple email/messaging accounts (c.15 - it varies) with c.400 new emails every workday.

However the Passport has got noticeably slower in the last few months and I am also very concerned re: the potential demise of WhatsApp on BB10.

I've had a quick play on an original KeyOne and think that it will work as a replacement for my Passport, but I don't like the software or keyboard, both of which I think are a step down from the Passport. Waiting for the Black KeyOne to drop in price (and hoping that BlackBerry iron out some more bugs too) before I take the plunge and buy one.
    I wouldn't worry too much about this whats app thing, although i'm not a user I am sure something else is bound to become more popular. Should try a factory reset.. with BB Link, and get an email to merge some account folders or import. I like outlook for the eas and gmail importing but yahoo is also full of nice features.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 09:37 PM
    I'm a professional writer and need my phone to be a writer's "tool box". I have NY Times (native); Science Daily (native and far better than the Android version); Feedminder (native); Dropbox (APK): Noted (native); wifi-calling (t-mo); engadget (native); Fadein (APK); Kindle (APK); Search Wikipedia (native); Congress (APK): What'sapp (currently native): local news (APK); Weather Channel (native). Docs to go. although Dropbox readers are excellent (native ). And, I have an Uber "home screen" shortcut (m.uber). Everything I need.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-20-17 11:04 AM
    I'm a professional writer and need my phone to be a writer's "tool box". I have NY Times (native); Science Daily (native and far better than the Android version); Feedminder (native); Dropbox (APK): Noted (native); wifi-calling (t-mo); engadget (native); Fadein (APK); Kindle (APK); Search Wikipedia (native); Congress (APK): What'sapp (currently native): local news (APK); Weather Channel (native). Docs to go. although Dropbox readers are excellent (native ). And, I have an Uber "home screen" shortcut (m.uber). Everything I need.
    Passport?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 12:16 PM
    Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Z30.
    10-20-17 01:04 PM
    For my Passport I've figured out which websites want different features turned on or off in Evolution Browser. My bank and credit card sites want Javascript on, ad blocker and private browsing off with browser emulation set to Chrome. I use a Samsung tablet for Kindle, Amazon Music and Google Maps. BB10 still works great for PDFs and I love the file manager and depend on Remember for everything.
    10-20-17 05:24 PM
    Am using passport as a daily driver for calling, email, texting and am using Keyone as my backup device.

But typing on keyboard is extraordinary in the passport compare to Keyone. Passport can run the needy android apps but it is killing my battery a lot. Even I can't run for 12 hrs but the Keyone is awesome in this case.

Blackberry Passport SQW100-1
    10-21-17 04:25 AM
    AND... lest I forget, the native app "Happy Cooking" (not happy Hooker) is the best, and their pizza dough recipe, which is made with honey, also makes an incredible baguette!
    10-22-17 11:54 AM
    I am using my silver passport until my keyone gets here in a few days. I will miss this phone and BB10 it still is the best os ever made. But I just got tired of things not working properly like instagram or sideloading apps etc. It's just so much easier to buy a phone that has a os that has everything you need. If they had released another passport running Android I would stay with the passport. To me it's the best blackberry ever made. But sadly it's time to move on. I may keep it as a back up. I put it up on kijiji for 360 bux but haven't got any replies yet

Posted via CB10
    Social Media doesn't interest me -- I'm totally anti-social.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-22-17 12:16 PM
386 1234 ...