Let me start this by saying I LOVED BB10 and it made me really sad to see it die a slow death. Anyway, I still have my z30 and I used it once in a while when my main phone is charging and everything seems to be super slow.

For those still using a BB10 device, is your device still running fine? Have you tried something else? Why didn't you switch yet for an android powered blackberry, to another android device or to Ios?

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 12:58 AM
    Bought a Dtek50, which is fine. But still use my Z30 as my main phone. Slow? No. The saving grace for BB10 is: it's an excellent OS that will allow some Android apps. Because I'm on T-Mo in Los Angeles area, it gets LTE. Good machine.
    10-07-17 02:57 AM
    I went back to passport from the keyone (used it for 3 months) because the keyboard feels much better in terms of typing, scrolling, and flicking up for the word suggestion. Also the matt finish is not so sticky. The glossy keyboard always makes my hands feel sweaty.
    Now I just bought a Nextbit Robin as a secondary android device, because it got insane cheap. Like 100 bucks for a Phone thats a little better than the nexus 5x. Production for the robin stopped so they are giving them away so cheap.

Posted with my  BlackBerry Passport SE™
    BigAl_BB9900 and Joey Foster like this.
    10-07-17 03:13 AM
    im, but if i serve backup phone, for anticipating of whatsapp endyear

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 03:23 AM
    I have been working diligently at getting my Passport working quicker and up to snuff with all the work around so that I could go back to it as my daily driver. I was continuously hitting roadblocks until I decided to finally do a wipe and even format the SD card. I do not believe in making backups using software on a computers only manually backing up.

To my surprise the my Passport is running super fast. I was worried it could not keep up to some of the apps I wanted or needed. I like to use Telegram cause it is the best I've found and it will need to replace WhatsApp soon. Very happy at the moment and will be switching back to it to see how it will fair.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport***
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 10-07-17 at 06:21 AM.
    10-07-17 06:01 AM
    I bought a Huawei P9 and have an older HTC one M8 around but I still use my Passport daily. I just have no great need for apps other than a few banking apps, a good newsreader, sports score app and a few others. The Passport still serves me well. When one of my BBW banking apps when dark, I thought that was the end for me but I tried an android version in my Passport and it works well. My P9 is nice but I still prefer using the Passport. Blackberry Travel (still working for me but was supposed to go dark also) and BB Maps also still work well enough for me for now, at least.
    10-07-17 08:07 AM
    Z30 and Passport running fast and fine! Passport faster than Dtek60...the googledroid even in a BlackBerry divice is horrble! Everithing, every app, photo, calendar all data is in google eyes...all needs google permission..so my daily driver is still the Passport

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 08:22 AM
    To managing e-mail no other than the passport or any other BlackBerry 10 device, still using the passport as my daily driver but with an Android device for social media and other apps.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    10-07-17 10:43 AM
    As long as I continue to get the same functionality that I am currently getting from my Z30, I see no urgent reason to change anything. In the meantime, I'm still hoping for some company to come forward and offer an alternative to iOS or Android where you do not have to give away your data. I'd even be willing to pay a monthly fee for that privilege.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-07-17 05:17 PM
    I moved to Xiaomi in June, but couldn't stand the OS, I hate Android it's just slow and buggy, my email always stopped working... my BB10 device (Passport) never failed and it's awesome fast and I never ever miss an email.

The hub on BB10 is still miles away ahead from Android one.

I've decide I won't switch my phone until it stops working, reason is, I have pretty much everything I need out of the box with BB10... android on the other hand, I need an app for absolutely everything, it's ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-17 05:25 PM
    My Passport is running fine and works fine for me. I don't feel like I need to move to another OS, nor do I want to. I have a back up BB10 to be on the safe side. Whatsapp ending could be a problem but I will try without it. I keep track of other OS's but not looked at any of them seriously. Mind, iOS and Android don't really appeal to me
    10-07-17 07:16 PM
    I still use my Z30 as my main. However, it is slowing down. And the battery is starting to fade. I'm waiting for a full touch screen Blackberry phone. Maybe the Krypton... I've heard very mixed things about the DTEKs. My work gave me a Priv as a work phone. It's ok. Saving grace is how well Google Maps works on it. Much better than either the built in maps on BB10, using Google Maps via browser, or BeMaps Pro. And the standy time is also great compared to my Z30. But my Z30 is still chugging away.
    10-08-17 03:39 AM
    Passport and Leap. Use both because they still run fine. For some Android apps I need I am using the Yalp Store (It is the playstore without all the Google ****). So I not need the Cobalt way. And in terms of privacy I am glad that I still use BB10 in this privacy data sucking world. As long the BB10 servers still running I will be using BB10.

I tried Android, Ios, WM10 but nothing can beat BB10. Maybe Sailfishos in the future if the will survive.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 04:42 AM
    I still use my Z30 as my main. However, it is slowing down. And the battery is starting to fade. I'm waiting for a full touch screen Blackberry phone. Maybe the Krypton... I've heard very mixed things about the DTEKs. My work gave me a Priv as a work phone. It's ok. Saving grace is how well Google Maps works on it. Much better than either the built in maps on BB10, using Google Maps via browser, or BeMaps Pro. And the standy time is also great compared to my Z30. But my Z30 is still chugging away.
    Use Navfree for BlackBerry from BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 06:00 AM
    Use Navfree for BlackBerry from BlackBerry world!

Posted via CB10
    It doesnt work for me

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 06:39 AM
    It doesnt work for me

Posted via CB10
    ?? On Z30 it doesn't work? It's a BlackBerry app...and you can also choose which search to use, even google maps in it..
    I have a Z30 too with 10.3.3 and it works fine...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 06:46 AM
    ?? On Z30 it doesn't work? It's a BlackBerry app...and you can also choose which search to use, even google maps in it..
    I have a Z30 too with 10.3.3 and it works fine...

Posted via CB10
    I am using Q20 its always failed to connect while download maps.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 06:59 AM
    Still use my Dallas on anywhere and anytime. Even I've Mi6 and that phone is very good,I can't let go my Dallas from my day. For me Dallas is an amazing phone. It can handle alot of my hard works with uniqe keyboard and best square screen. Scratch my stressor day with my cheap earbud and hear natural sound from FM Radio,yeah...of course get any flac code and play it with Neutron player but otherway enjoy to read all sites very well. Facebook still work (10.7),Tweeter and iGran Pro and Last but not least WA10 and CB app that's enough for me. Wow...the legendphone still can do anything.

Posted via My  Dallas
    10-08-17 07:29 AM
    I have been on a Q10 since it's launch on Verizon. It definitely has a bunch of issues. I will probably get a K1 soon.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-17 08:04 AM
    z30 with all the apps I would like to have on wifi (bloomberg to check stock, bb map - give up on google map after it sent me to the lawyer's office that moved 3 years ago.. off line dictionary, youtube.. ...no cell sim for me. back up? 9900 and 9790 (phonr call, bbm, if I need to use... currently, no need, sim free on wifi too). the onlything missing is that friends want me to join wechat, whatsapp, few red envelops is not enough to give up ads free, bload ware free, worry free z30. or I am waiting for them to give me a droid of iphone eventually... (better be a good design piece, they know well I am picky - even for free... still holding Palm zire, casio wrist camera watch for window 95/98 - all working condition...iwatch 3? may be better for me in the future.. will see.. still need check stock, buy stuff from amazon, but no banking).
    10-08-17 09:00 AM
    My Passport is running fine and works fine for me. I don't feel like I need to move to another OS, nor do I want to. I have a back up BB10 to be on the safe side. Whatsapp ending could be a problem but I will try without it. I keep track of other OS's but not looked at any of them seriously. Mind, iOS and Android don't really appeal to me
    Basically... DITTO.

My Passport is still fantastic for managing multiple email/messaging accounts (c.15 - it varies) with c.400 new emails every workday.

However the Passport has got noticeably slower in the last few months and I am also very concerned re: the potential demise of WhatsApp on BB10.

I've had a quick play on an original KeyOne and think that it will work as a replacement for my Passport, but I don't like the software or keyboard, both of which I think are a step down from the Passport. Waiting for the Black KeyOne to drop in price (and hoping that BlackBerry iron out some more bugs too) before I take the plunge and buy one.
    10-08-17 10:19 AM
    in a "transition" phase... I use a Moto g4 with the Hub + suite and my trusty Z30. I got the Moto g as a cheap introduction to Android, mainly because of the WhatsApp, will they / won't they saga. Apps are there on Android and it is slowly becoming a workable alternative to BB10. Z30 is still my trusted device at the moment though
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    10-08-17 11:51 AM
    Yes its my primary Device and it's still rocking

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-08-17 12:21 PM
    Saving grace is how well Google Maps works on it. Much better than either the built in maps on BB10, using Google Maps via browser, or BeMaps Pro. And the standy time is also great compared to my Z30. But my Z30 is still chugging away.
    For offline maps I just started using Sygic Maps from the Google play store and it is working exceptionally well on my Passport. I believe with the latest OS updates to BB10 the Z30 runs almost as fast and should be able to manage it very well. You get a 7 day trial so go for it and see if it works for you.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport ***
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-08-17 03:57 PM
    Basically... DITTO.

My Passport is still fantastic for managing multiple email/messaging accounts (c.15 - it varies) with c.400 new emails every workday.

However the Passport has got noticeably slower in the last few months and I am also very concerned re: the potential demise of WhatsApp on BB10.
    I know it's a lot of work but I did wipe my Passport and formatted the SD card then loaded all the files I needed back manually. I believe that formatting the SD card was just as important as wiping the phone. It contains a file system that has to be accessed just the same.
    I could not be happier with the results and think I will be going back to it full time.

I did not use any of Cobalt's fixes this time but I did download Yalp Store for my android appetite and Taskmanager from GPS to keep track of android apps running in the background. Taskmanager can show you what's running and let's you hold your finger on the app to access Android Settings and force close anything you choose.

Hope this helps and Good Luck.

***Hammered out on my Precious Blackberry Passport ***
    10-08-17 04:03 PM
386 123 ...