Hint: not from BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh likes this.
    02-23-15 05:37 PM
    I don't believe in fairy tales. After so many "leaks", the whole IT should be fired by now.
    Well, gee, then who's going to work on fixes?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2072
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-23-15 07:56 PM
    Well, gee, then who's going to work on fixes?
    Good question. And probably the explanation why it takes so long to fix something. The two guys who still work there?
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-23-15 08:29 PM
    Log out and log back in. That should fix it

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 08:51 PM
    Passport flicker problem seems to affect all Passports. BlackBerry is testing a fix. That's on the front page of CrackBerry.
    And yet, it had to be AFTER they released it that they NOTICED it?!? No one on the beta testing team is using a Passports?!? If such an obvious bug went UNNOTICED FOR SEVERAL MONTHS (except for here, where it filled the leaked forum), it makes you wonder at BlackBerry beta team ability to report bugs...
    Last edited by sylvaing; 02-23-15 at 10:16 PM.
    lift and KR2013 like this.
    02-23-15 09:58 PM
    My RC doesn't flick.
    That's a 'rebirth'.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:26 PM
    And yet, it had to be AFTER they released it that they NOTICED it?!? No one on the beta testing team is using a Passports?!? If such an obvious bug went UNNOTICED FOR SEVERAL MONTHS (except for here, where it filled the leaked forum), it makes you wonder at BlackBerry beta team ability to report bugs...
    I wrote that it "seems to affect all Passports". I don't have a Passport myself and I can only gather from the posters here, which have leaned more vocally on the side of there being a problem. The flickering issue seems to "only affect" Passports, which is what I probably should have said, instead of saying "all".

What's your point though? Do you have an affected Passport? BlackBerry has acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. That's not good enough? You want a time machine built to fix it prior to you upgrading?
    02-23-15 11:35 PM
    I wrote that it "seems to affect all Passports". I don't have a Passport myself and I can only gather from the posters here, which have leaned more vocally on the side of there being a problem. The flickering issue seems to "only affect" Passports, which is what I probably should have said, instead of saying "all".

What's your point though? Do you have an affected Passport? BlackBerry has acknowledged the problem and is working on a fix. That's not good enough? You want a time machine built to fix it prior to you upgrading?
    Yes, I do have a Passport and the flickering issue has been there since the first leak. From the tweet, it looks like they were not aware and that's where I have problems with. The beta testing group seems clueless. At worst, BlackBerry should take a look here and steer their beta testers when an obvious problem is reported. This would have avoided the situation they are in.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 06:06 AM
    To th OP.... Thanks! I too have participated in beta programs for BBM and OS 10 and Link. I had very few issues until the last couple of updates when my remote file access stopped working. I was also getting a couple minor glitches happening recently.

I took your advice yesterday and everything seems to be running much better.

People... if you have issues DO THIS!

Q10 (SQN100-3)
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-24-15 06:55 AM
    Yes, I do have a Passport and the flickering issue has been there since the first leak. From the tweet, it looks like they were not aware and that's where I have problems with. The beta testing group seems clueless. At worst, BlackBerry should take a look here and steer their beta testers when an obvious problem is reported. This would have avoided the situation they are in.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think this issue would arise on the BBBZ as I don't believe the BBBZ has any bearings on leaks.
    If they did am sure the leaks would be listed there.

Please someone verify if my info is wrong.

jtvberry
    02-24-15 09:55 AM
    I have no problems with bugs although i do not like them.
    But official 10.3.1 screwed up my z10. Couldn't boot up anymore, was stuk at 100%...
    Only option left was autoloader...So lost some stuf which leaves me really unhappy.
    It is not acceptable for a update to brick a phone totally...

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:01 AM
    This "beta testing" is a disgraceful & ineffective surrogate for competent pre-release testing in-house. My passport had some initial wifi troubles I solved myself as support was baffled. Now, having not used any "leaks," the fone is working without flicker. If it were, I would be hollering bloody murder.
    02-24-15 10:55 AM
    This "beta testing" is a disgraceful & ineffective surrogate for competent pre-release testing in-house. My passport had some initial wifi troubles I solved myself as support was baffled. Now, having not used any "leaks," the fone is working without flicker. If it were, I would be hollering bloody murder.
    Why? There's a fix

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    02-24-15 11:11 AM
    It's the concept of using customers as guinea-pigs to which I take exception.
    jtv1, Zedd88 and Batibreaker like this.
    02-24-15 11:15 AM
    It's the concept of using customers as guinea-pigs to which I take exception.
    Agreed

Via CB Running  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2480
    Batibreaker likes this.
    02-24-15 11:16 AM
    Agreed

They simply could of asked us to test it out, but then they would of felt obliged to listen.

So, "Way Over Oh Heads" as standard procedure.

jtvberry
    Batibreaker likes this.
    02-24-15 11:28 AM
    I will just leave it a month or so, will not update until bugs are fixed, just not worth the risk.
    02-24-15 02:57 PM
    I will just leave it a month or so, will not update until bugs are fixed, just not worth the risk.
    It's too bad that people are reporting in a random fashion because it's difficult to know if you have a device that will have no issues with the update.

I updated a Z30 last night and haven't had any trouble. The only hassle I faced was how long the process took, 2.5 hours! I did the update through Link (which reports say take less memory) *but* with Link that meant: BlackBerry servers->MacBook Air running Link over wi-fi->USB 2.0 to Z30. The Z30 through LTE is faster than both wi-fi and USB 2.0. It might have been faster to go direct, BlackBerry servers->Z30.
    02-24-15 09:13 PM
    It's too bad that people are reporting in a random fashion because it's difficult to know if you have a device that will have no issues with the update.

I updated a Z30 last night and haven't had any trouble. The only hassle I faced was how long the process took, 2.5 hours! I did the update through Link (which reports say take less memory) *but* with Link that meant: BlackBerry servers->MacBook Air running Link over wi-fi->USB 2.0 to Z30. The Z30 through LTE is faster than both wi-fi and USB 2.0. It might have been faster to go direct, BlackBerry servers->Z30.
    So you're saying that your Z30 it's not lagging at all??

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 09:17 PM
    So you're saying that your Z30 it's not lagging at all??
    Seems the same speed, only different looking. Is there something specific you want me to test? I could time it. I can't compare to 10.2.1.x myself since I only have one Z30.

How long did it take for you to install? OTA? If so, maybe your Z30 is still indexing while mine took the hit during install? It did take 2.5 hours for mine.
    02-24-15 09:28 PM
    Seems the same speed, only different looking. Is there something specific you want me to test? I could time it. I can't compare to 10.2.1.x myself since I only have one Z30.

How long did it take for you to install? OTA? If so, maybe your Z30 is still indexing while mine took the hit during install? It did take 2.5 hours for mine.
    Well after I posted this, last night, I read about how some people updated their OS by removing the SIM card and rebooting the phone using WiFi only. I updated with Sachesi (took me 1.5 hours), so I tried this option last night and I got a new 79MB update, and now everything is working better even the assistant that was a total pain before. So yeah I'm a happy Z30 user again

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and cbvinh like this.
    02-25-15 06:08 AM
    since updating Z10 to 10.3.1.1565, I lost the multimedia player. error has ocured while retreiving the files....
    02-25-15 04:43 PM
    Philippe try to re-insert the SD card. Then go into images. You should notice a (small) indication at the top that the device is indexing files. Let it go until finished.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 05:40 PM
    And blackberry is the smallest of those three by far.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247 TMO US
    02-25-15 07:27 PM
    I have been with Blackberry for years so I am sad say to this was not something they can afford to have got wrong given the state of the company and the market.. There is no excuse other than sloppiness or over eagerness to get to market to get a software update in a closed environment like your own phones wrong.

If it was software for a plane or a car they would not release it with bugs.
    Last edited by gartindale; 02-26-15 at 03:07 AM.
    playfoot and Batibreaker like this.
    02-26-15 02:51 AM
304 ... 910111213