I agree, I just doubt it will take months. An update should be pushed by the end of this week, if not before.
    Forget about it. Screen flickering, low notifications volume, system process draining battery, etc. were issues reported months ago during leaks testing. Do you really think a "leak" is truly leaked or stolen OS version from BlackBerry servers, the company good in security? CB community is the guinea pig for BlackBerry, free beta testers. The main issue is that BlackBerry is not listening, they always do things their way. It's really better to hold the update for now and to save customers frustration. Some will complain, others will just move. BlackBerry customers are very sensitive now. There is really not much left to keep them loyal to BlackBerry.
    02-23-15 10:31 AM
    As many will come here randomly : http://crackberry.com/blackberry-wor...flickering-fix

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 11:26 AM
    You know this for a *fact*? Perhaps you could enlighten us on how you know this.
    I don't, but it makes sense, doesn't it? These issues have been reported for months, very frequently on the Q10, and it's a very serious problem. Low notification makes your phone only semi-usable.

This company has made a lot of cuts to its staff, dumped much of it's customer support and technical help (it's practically none-existant now) and may not even be in a position where it can carry out routine testing of it's software before these updates. These issues were known about months in advance and nothing got done, people were saying "oh official 10.3.1.5567 will have normal volume" etc but presuming the blackberry would have that working on the official rollout. And yet here we are!

There's also these tweets from Michael Clewley, which don't fill me with confidence:

He retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/YYZtoronto/statu...05032650493952

then this https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...22321802244096

So I'm not even sure if they're treating it as a bug right now, instead pretending it's the user's fault, even though after using "phone override" and all the other tips people have given me on here it's made absolutely no difference! It's still less than 50% of previous volume and impossible to hear it ring if the phone is in my pocket. It's made the alarm totally useless. The "workaround" is a joke. How can they fix a problem if they're not willing accept there is one.

People are in denial over this. Brand loyalty at it's worst.
    lift and JackTColten like this.
    02-23-15 01:00 PM
    I could if I had the desire to do so.
    In the meantime how about you read my post carefully. It is not that hard to understand sarcasm/trolling specially in the English language.
    It's cool bro I agree we all make mistakes.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.

Well your attempt at sarcasm (if indeed that was what you were really doing) was IMHO pretty lame. How is it that "The joke is on you (meaning me, of course)" really explains my post when I was pointing out to the previous poster that iOS was buggy also. Should you maybe have posted your comment to the poster who implied that iOS release of 8 was without bugs?

Originally Posted by brookie229 View Post
    This is a joke---like iOS 8 had no problems when it was introduced. All OS's have SOME shortfalls when first introduced.

__________________________________________________ _____________________
    Jokes on you son.
    It's Official?iOS 8 Is Apple's Buggiest Release to Date | WIRED

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    __________________________________________________ ____
    __________________________________________________ ____

The above is your post to me (just so you don't have to go look for it) . I maintain that you replied with the above to the wrong person because WE both agree that the release of iOS 8 was buggy. Have a nice day.
    02-23-15 02:17 PM
    I don't, but it makes sense, doesn't it? These issues have been reported for months, very frequently on the Q10, and it's a very serious problem. Low notification makes your phone only semi-usable.

This company has made a lot of cuts to its staff, dumped much of it's customer support and technical help (it's practically none-existant now) and may not even be in a position where it can carry out routine testing of it's software before these updates. These issues were known about months in advance and nothing got done, people were saying "oh official 10.3.1.5567 will have normal volume" etc but presuming the blackberry would have that working on the official rollout. And yet here we are!
    If this has been known for months on end, why are you still on BlackBerry? You obviously know that it's a ride straight down and there's no hope for any reasonable support, so what keeps you going with this crippling bug? If you've lost faith that bugs will be fixed, what's the point of wasting your time here complaining? Why not move onto something that will suit your purposes?

There's also these tweets from Michael Clewley, which don't fill me with confidence:

He retweeted this:

https://twitter.com/YYZtoronto/statu...05032650493952

then this https://twitter.com/MichaelClewley/s...22321802244096

So I'm not even sure if they're treating it as a bug right now, instead pretending it's the user's fault, even though after using "phone override" and all the other tips people have given me on here it's made absolutely no difference! It's still less than 50% of previous volume and impossible to hear it ring if the phone is in my pocket. It's made the alarm totally useless. The "workaround" is a joke. How can they fix a problem if they're not willing accept there is one.
    First tweet was a suggestion on how to possibly alleviate the problem. First user response was that it's not a bug but the user's fault because the particular user doesn't have a problem.

Second tweet, response to user, says they're tracking the bug. Again, it's not affecting *all* users. The flickering issue with the Passport seems to be affecting all Passport users, so it's getting addressed first. It can be reproduced, whereas if all of BlackBerry's test devices don't have the volume issue, then how can they experience the bug and then apply a fix to a problem they're not having? How do you fix and test a problem you're not having?

People are in denial over this. Brand loyalty at it's worst.
    You're making it a bigger deal than it is. Bugs get reported, and bugs get fixed. If you can't afford to wait, go get yourself something that works as you expect.
    02-23-15 03:12 PM
    Thanks, I upgraded the leaked version 10.3.1949 , I am not sure whether it is completed or not, it just couldnot be activated fully because there was not any network connection, and could not be charging anymore. It works on wifi. How can I reboot the system with pressing volume keys together?
    02-23-15 03:18 PM
    Wow cbvinh, you have all the answers don't you. The low volume problem is real. The flickering on the Passport is real. There are others reporting bricked phones, wifi and cellular connection issues. The list is long. Just because you haven't happened to have or notice any issues doesn't give you the right to sit there and act like they don't exist. I wish people with no issues would just not post at all. You are not being helpful and are doing nothing but being irritating to people that are having real issues.
    02-23-15 03:22 PM
    Thanks, I upgraded the leaked version 10.3.1949 , I am not sure whether it is completed or not, it just couldnot be activated fully because there was not any network connection, and could not be charging anymore. It works on wifi. How can I reboot the system with pressing volume keys together?
    Unless you have the Z10 STL100-1 variant, just hold both Volume Up/Down together for over 10 seconds or so. The screen will go black, then the BlackBerry logo will reappear. That's when the phone has rebooted. For the Z10 STL100-1, hold the power button down instead for 10 seconds or more until the same thing happens.

Settings->About->Model Number to see which variant you have.
    02-23-15 03:29 PM
    There is still no network connection after I press the two volume keys together till system reboots. So pls tell me why ?
    02-23-15 03:30 PM
    There is still no network connection after I press the two volume keys together till system reboots. So pls tell me why ?
    Try connecting to link and loading the OS from there

1949 is not the official OS. There's newer

Via CB Running PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-23-15 03:33 PM
    Wow cbvinh, you have all the answers don't you. The low volume problem is real. The flickering on the Passport is real. There are others reporting bricked phones, wifi and cellular connection issues. The list is long. Just because you haven't happened to have or notice any issues doesn't give you the right to sit there and act like they don't exist. I wish people with no issues would just not post at all. You are not being helpful and are doing nothing but being irritating to people that are having real issues.
    I'm not saying the problems don't exist. I'm saying that the reports have come in completely haphazardly without any clear indication as to which devices are affected, whether it affects everyone, how people installed, which 10.3.1.x version they're running, etc. Do you have any debugging experience? Can you tell me which devices are affected and which problems are user generated and which are OS related? Especially from posts on CrackBerry?

Passport flicker problem seems to affect all Passports. BlackBerry is testing a fix. That's on the front page of CrackBerry.

Audio volume issue is being tracked by BlackBerry, as tweeted by Michael Clewley. It does not affect everyone, based on reports of people having issues and people reporting no issues.
    02-23-15 03:37 PM
    Hey Z50, how about you help this guy out? He's posted on CrackBerry and surely there's plenty of info for you to debug his issues ASAP, right?

(Changyi Jay. I'm not picking on you, just trying to make a point with Z50.)

-----

Unfortunately, upgrading to a leak is problematic, as there are no guarantees with leaks. Try what Pdinos3 suggested and use a more recent leak or get the official release if you can find it. (I imagine that the official hasn't been released where you are, thus the leak?)
    02-23-15 03:41 PM
    I'm not saying the problems don't exist. I'm saying that the reports have come...
    Reports have come MONTHS ago! BlackBerry did absolutely NOTHING to investigate and fix! This is what I'm saying...
    JackTColten, sylvaing and lift like this.
    02-23-15 03:58 PM
    Hey Z50, how about you help this guy out? He's posted on CrackBerry and surely there's plenty of info for you to debug his issues ASAP, right?

(Changyi Jay. I'm not picking on you, just trying to make a point with Z50.)

-----

Unfortunately, upgrading to a leak is problematic, as there are no guarantees with leaks. Try what Pdinos3 suggested and use a more recent leak or get the official release if you can find it. (I imagine that the official hasn't been released where you are, thus the leak?)
    I don't think you are being funny.
    02-23-15 04:09 PM
    Reports have come MONTHS ago! BlackBerry did absolutely NOTHING to investigate and fix! This is what I'm saying...
    Reported by whom and to whom? Things posted on CrackBerry are usually about leaks and as stated many times by leakers, leaks aren't up-to-date so are not an accurate representation of the current state of the codebase. Further, unless we know of BlackBerry devs lurking here, the reports here are not being reported to anyone that can do anything; it's users reporting to users to find something that works.

If the beta testers didn't see it, then the devs wouldn't be aware. If only a few beta testers saw it, then it might be so few as to be lower priority on the bug fix list. If it's something that affects everyone, all the time, then it's unlikely that beta testers wouldn't have come across it.
    02-23-15 04:38 PM
    I don't think you are being funny.
    I'm not trying to be funny. I'm trying to illustrate a point.

The problem started out with network not connecting and charging not working after OS upgrade. Then it became clear that a leak OS was involved and the leak isn't the latest. Would it be out-of-line for the suggestion to be to use the latest leak or official 10.3.1.x now that it's been released? How much easier would it be to understand the problem if people reported which device, which OS, kind of problem, repeatable, how to repeat, etc.? I've seen people report missing apps when they've installed developer only releases of the OS. Giving the OS version right there would have explained the missing apps.
    02-23-15 04:44 PM
    Reported by whom and to whom? Things posted on CrackBerry are usually about leaks and as stated many times by leakers, leaks aren't up-to-date so are not an accurate representation of the current state of the codebase.
    And what exactly is the difference between leaked 10.3.1.2243 and the official 10.3.1.2243?
    Most bugs in the official release were present in ALL recent leaks - 1154, 1949, 2072, 2243, 2267.

You think BlackBerry doesn't monitor CB forums? What's the point to "leak" an OS then?
    02-23-15 04:45 PM
    And what exactly is the difference between leaked 10.3.1.2243 and the official 10.3.1.2243?
    Most bugs in the official release were present in ALL recent leaks - 1154, 1949, 2072, 2243, 2267.

You think BlackBerry doesn't monitor CB forums? What's the point to "leak" an OS then?
    The leaks aren't released to the general public for the general public to be beta testers. The leaks are used unofficially by users who are curious as to what's to come. Have you ever looked at the caveat text that comes with each leak posting?

I don't think BlackBerry officially monitors these forums. I suspect maybe a few BlackBerry employees might take a look every now and then for amusement, but I doubt there's an official program to have someone dig through all the forums to make sense of all the bug reports and compile a list of bugs from old, leaked versions, which may very well have fixes already.
    02-23-15 04:54 PM
    Don't even start. There were people complaining months ago, including me about the quality of leaks. Unfortunately, months later BlackBerry haven't sorted any issues that I had with the leak, completely the same thing, except the signal is worse now. I really thought that they are letting people use leaks to test the OS and to gather feedback and find potential errors, apparently not. Sorry for the tone, but really I'm tired of constant problems with this phone. I have to upgrade soon, not sure if I will go with BlackBerry anymore even though I have been loyal customer for ages...

Posted via my sexy Z10
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 05:00 PM
    Tell me please who is making those leaks available then if not the BlackBerry? If they didn't want people to have them, they could easily make it happen.

And even if it is as you say, testers of leaked version cannot be considered as beta testers. Then where those beta testers are? Why they are not testing the OS before launching it? I had exactly the same problems MONTHS ago.

Posted via my sexy Z10
    02-23-15 05:06 PM
    BlackBerry sometimes comes around.
    Leaks are by no means 'released'. If you want to qualify them use 'stolen' instead, that's the closest term I'd find relevant.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:07 PM
    The leaks aren't released to the general public for the general public to be beta testers. The leaks are used unofficially by users who are curious as to what's to come. Have you ever looked at the caveat text that comes with each leak posting?
    Leaks are released by BlackBerry! Don't be naive. Do you really think someone can "steal" a whole OS from the servers? From a company known for good security? Really? If it really happened, then BlackBerry is the last company you can trust on. Now think about what's the reason to release a "leak" OS version. Just to let someone "unofficially" use it? Come on! How old are you!?

Leaks are by no means 'released'. If you want to qualify them use 'stolen' instead, that's the closest term I'd find relevant.
    Yes, right... someone got 2.5GB files from the server, just like that... what Sci-Fi movie is this coming from?
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 05:09 PM
    Then where those beta testers are? Why they are not testing the OS before launching it?
    Posted via my sexy Z10
    Very close of you right now.
    And they spent hours/days/weeks/months - most of them for free - to provide you the best experience.

Yeah, perfection isn't reality. Maybe only for bashing free.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh and Rustybronco like this.
    02-23-15 05:12 PM
    Leaks are released by BlackBerry! Don't be naive. Do you really think someone can "steal" a whole OS from the servers? From a company known for good security? Really? If it really happened, then BlackBerry is the last company you can trust on. Now think about what's the reason to release a "leak" OS version. Just to let someone "unofficially" use it? Come on! How old are you!?

Yes, right... someone got 2.5GB files from the server, just like that... what Sci-Fi movie is this coming from?
    Ask those who were fired.

Posted via CB10
    cbvinh likes this.
    02-23-15 05:13 PM
    Ask those who were fired.
    I don't believe in fairy tales. After so many "leaks", the whole IT should be fired by now.
    02-23-15 05:21 PM
304 ... 89101112 ...