Dude, you're like the biggest fanboy I've seen in a while.
    I'm assuming you're referring to me because I've been writing quite a bit?

I've only been a BlackBerry user since the 9850, which wasn't that long ago. I started with a Nokia candy bar, then moved to an LG flip phone and waited years(!) until there was a smartphone with at least 800 x 480 res. When people were ooo-ing and aaww-ing over the iPhone with its 480 x 320 and Edge data, I was thinking, what's the big deal? The resolution was crap and speed was slow. For most people, it might have looked impressive, but it's not so impressive when you've seen pinch-to-zoom, panning, etc. at SIGGRAPH years before and used a Nokia 770 (from 2005).

I'm impressed with webOS and Nokia's N9 and the whole gesture-based interface concept. BB10, by far, has adopted the most of that, then Android and finally iOS. BB10 isn't perfect, for sure, and I'm actually worried that the incorporation of BBOS features, for legacy users, will make inconsistencies in the gesture interface. Android has the most promise for upsetting things and incorporating for gestures. iOS has to appease its existing users, so gestures are added, but in a very ad-hoc, pasted in way, that it's non-intuitive.

My frustration is:

1. It's only been four days since release and it's the weekend right now. Has anyone ever worked on a deadline-based project, have it finish and just want a nice weekend, because previous weekends have been hell, before it's back to work, debugging? It's a phone. Until I hear reports of someone literally dying over a feature being busted, I would say, chill out.

2. Why would there be an assumption that the developers and beta tester /not/ want to do a good/great job? When I work on something, I do my best. Am I mistaken in thinking that most people want accolades for a job well done? Are the majority of people trudging along in their jobs, hating life, thinking people are doing things to sabotage them?

3. The bug reports posted here aren't complete, which means it's nearly impossible to debug in any meaningful way. For example, the notification/alarm loudness issue. Some people have it, some people don't. Is it a legitimate bug that requires developers or an install issue, OTA vs clean install? There's so much noise and not enough info. It's like, if you have a problem, get it out and let's start brainstorming and see if there's a fix, especially when other people don't have the problem. If *everyone* has a problem, then let's figure out a way to make it clearly repeatable and pass the info to the developers.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-23-15 12:11 AM

In the next couple of weeks I am confident Blackberry will resolve the flickering or other issues so keep calm folks!!

Posted via CB10
    Well given that the bugs that made it into the official release were reported months prior, I'm not so confident. It seems they don't really pay attention to what the community have to say, otherwise these bugs could have been snuffed out in order for a more solid official OS build.

Z30 / Q5 / Q10 / 10.3.1.1154
    02-23-15 12:15 AM
    Well given that the bugs that made it into the official release were reported months prior, I'm not so confident. It seems they don't really pay attention to what the community have to say, otherwise these bugs could have been snuffed out in order for a more solid official OS build.
    Huh? This isn't the first release where there's been problems. There were bugs since 10.0. Your signature has three BB10 devices listed. Did you just buy them yesterday? What has your experience told you about previous releases and whether bugs get fixed or not? You're also on 10.3.1.x with a happy face.
    02-23-15 12:29 AM
    See I am now disconnected to any network, and the the phone cannot be charging after upgrading to the new system, by the way I am using MTN Nigeria and Etisalat Nigeria network, pls help.
    02-23-15 03:31 AM
    Please how can I fix the update bugs as I posted above?
    02-23-15 03:39 AM
    You need to stop. If you have not experienced an iOS 7/8 rollout, or Android Lollipop 5.0, then you have no idea what serious bugs are like.
    Are you serious? My device, from a phone that rings, became a phone that doesn't ring. I don't care about Android or iOS, I came to BB because things here work.
    Well, worked for the most part until now.
    02-23-15 03:39 AM
    Please how can I fix the update bugs as I posted above?
    You upgraded to which version of the OS? How did you upgrade? Did the upgrade complete fully and now you're having network connection issues? And charging issues? Does it work on wi-fi? Have you hard reset the phone with Volume Up and Volume Down pressed at the same time until the system reboots?
    02-23-15 04:37 AM
    Are you serious? My device, from a phone that rings, became a phone that doesn't ring. I don't care about Android or iOS, I came to BB because things here work.
    Well, worked for the most part until now.
    Are you saying the phone doesn't ring at all or has low volume? If it doesn't ring at all, there was a fix posted for an older version 10.3.0.x that says to:

set profile to Vibrate
    reboot the phone
    set back to Normal

If it's the volume issue, then that's still being sorted out. There's a quick temporary fix by using custom sound files or taking all the notification sound files and increasing the audio volume. (It's not ideal and time-consuming.) You can also turn vibrate on.
    Superfly_FR and xubabi like this.
    02-23-15 04:40 AM
    Huh? This isn't the first release where there's been problems. There were bugs since 10.0. Your signature has three BB10 devices listed. Did you just buy them yesterday? What has your experience told you about previous releases and whether bugs get fixed or not? You're also on 10.3.1.x with a happy face.
    I love blackberries, and indeed I have three of them as my sig shows - been using blackberries for years. But I choose not to make excuses for them when crazy bugs like this make it to official, nor would I for any other company making electronic devices. Sure, bugs get fixed in the end, but that doesn't alter the fact that this one is particularly embarrassing. And how else will bugs get fixed without a bit of constructive criticism from the community? I just hope BlackBerry heed the call this time

02-23-15 05:01 AM
    I know I am replying late to this thread, but how dare anyone say that people experiencing problems and having to deal with bugs in the new OS have no right to complain. If people don't complain nothing will get fixed because BlackBerry will just assume all is well. I bought a phone that was working just fine on 10.2.1 and now has issues with 10.3.1 and I can't complain about it? Who do you think you are??? People that experienced bugs on android and IOS have every right to complain about their problems too. The consumer buys a product and expects it to work correctly and when it doesn't has every right to complain. So don't sit there all pompous and act like nobody has a right to complain. The nerve of some people!
    Yeah, as the thing about these unforseen bugs are.
    They waste your time doing actual work instead of making requests to have Ya phone fixed.
    Running up and down where the phone was acquired to cut the same running up and down in the first place.

jtvberry
    02-23-15 05:33 AM
    I know I am replying late to this thread, but how dare anyone say that people experiencing problems and having to deal with bugs in the new OS have no right to complain. If people don't complain nothing will get fixed because BlackBerry will just assume all is well. I bought a phone that was working just fine on 10.2.1 and now has issues with 10.3.1 and I can't complain about it? Who do you think you are??? People that experienced bugs on android and IOS have every right to complain about their problems too. The consumer buys a product and expects it to work correctly and when it doesn't has every right to complain. So don't sit there all pompous and act like nobody has a right to complain. The nerve of some people!
    Listen there nervous breakdown, I'm a member of CB just like you are. I'm not saying no one had the right to complain. I'm simply saying everyone needs to be more constructive instead of destructive. How does complaining help any company? It's just negative and isn't taken well, regardless of whether the 'consumer' is right or not. If we all work together, Blackberry can get a clearer image of what actually needs to be fixed instead of going through forums and reading lousy people bashing the update and how 'it ruined their life'. I'm pretty positive there's a thread right now that is collecting bugs that will somehow be sent to Blackberry.
    02-23-15 08:46 AM

Again. These (insert an arm-long list here) problems did get the attention of BlackBerry and have been investigated and - for most- corrected (you will never ear about them) during the beta program.
    Some seems to show resilience in several particular situations.
    Should we say we could have expected this ? Yes.
    Is that good ? No.
    Is there a quick fix ? Probably not, until BlackBerry collects enough pertinent data to target the common denominator and deploy globally a fix

*that.will.not.compromise.others.with.normal.exper ience*.

Remember folks, unless carrier related and distributed (say radio, for instance) , updates, fixes, patches or whatever you want to call them are spread globally. And before BlackBerry will even consider an update, they have to be sure :
    A/ it will not generate more harm than good
    B/ it is not caused by unsupported configurations like leaks loaders.

Having upgrade problems sux$ and I'm sorry for anyone in this situation.
    If you've installed a leak before, don't expect me to suffer rants. Wipe your device clean, restore an official OS, update again and then, my available energy is all yours. But if your reaction is "can't be that 10.2 leak, i've updated official since" you're probably a desperate case and please get out of my cloud, thanks.

P.S : 'you' is 'one' or 'we'.

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    02-23-15 08:59 AM
    Ooooookay. .. I've been dealing with customers all day with problems from the update. However I have a developer apple account and a Nexus 5 that had no problems, not a one, with iOS 7/8/lollipop rollouts. Not on an iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod touch 5...

Tapatalked from my iPhone 6+ primary line, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.
    Sorry but iOS 8.0.1 made my iPhone 6 completely useless a few days after I purchased it, I had to roll back the update using my computer. I don't hold this against Apple because I thought they handled it well and the OS updates have been stellar since. These things happen. BB should be given more slack by their fans considering the current situation and the fact that they can't afford the same testing effort that Apple, Google, or Microsoft can.
    02-23-15 08:59 AM
    I'm pretty positive there's a thread right now that is collecting bugs that will somehow be sent to Blackberry.
    Don't forget that many BlackBerry users paid premium price for their devices and are not willing to wait months for bug fixes.
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 09:06 AM
    Had no problem with update. Works great. Like the changes. Takes a bit of learning for an old fart. Haha

Posted via CB10
    der_mit likes this.
    02-23-15 09:07 AM
    It seems the update maybe now on hold? This was sent this morning :For those complaining about update bugs:-img_20150223_071256.png

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-23-15 09:14 AM
    Listen there nervous breakdown, I'm a member of CB just like you are. I'm not saying no one had the right to complain. I'm simply saying everyone needs to be more constructive instead of destructive. How does complaining help any company? It's just negative and isn't taken well, regardless of whether the 'consumer' is right or not. If we all work together, Blackberry can get a clearer image of what actually needs to be fixed instead of going through forums and reading lousy people bashing the update and how 'it ruined their life'. I'm pretty positive there's a thread right now that is collecting bugs that will somehow be sent to Blackberry.
    First you insult a large group of CrackBerry members by saying they have no right to complain and basically calling them whiners. Now you insult me directly by calling me "nervous breakdown"!
    Look, there seems to be a lot of people having issues with the latest update (myself included). We are venting our frustration just like you are doing by complaining about all the people that are complaining. So your complaining is no better justified than anyone else's.
    Don't you have anything better to do than complain about people that are complaining?
    Magnetox likes this.
    02-23-15 09:22 AM
    Read my post carefully---you may have a small problem with the English language. No problem-we all make mistakes
    I could if I had the desire to do so.
    In the meantime how about you read my post carefully. It is not that hard to understand sarcasm/trolling specially in the English language.
    It's cool bro I agree we all make mistakes.

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-23-15 09:27 AM
    First you insult a large group of CrackBerry members by saying they have no right to complain and basically calling them whiners. Now you insult me directly by calling me "nervous breakdown"!
    Look, there seems to be a lot of people having issues with the latest update (myself included). We are venting our frustration just like you are doing by complaining about all the people that are complaining. So your complaining is no better justified than anyone else's.
    Don't you have anything better to do than complain about people that are complaining?
    I'm sorry if you are anyone else felt insulted. I'm never the kind to insult or troll on forums. I've said this 4 or 5 times in my replies, and I'll say it again: we all are frustrated, but we're not using our frustration positively. I know there's nothing positive about a phone that's gone unless after the update, but that's what we're all here for, for each other. Again, I'm sorry if I insulted you, or anyone else.
    02-23-15 09:41 AM
    Don't forget that many BlackBerry users paid premium price for their devices and are not willing to wait months for bug fixes.
    I agree, I just doubt it will take months. An update should be pushed by the end of this week, if not before.
    02-23-15 09:43 AM
    I agree, I just doubt it will take months. An update should be pushed by the end of this week, if not before.
    An update should be pushed by the end of the week? You know this how? Anyway, thanks for the apology. But you need to understand that people are frustrated and you are also frustrated about having to read about all the frustrated people complaining. So why don't you just sit back and let us frustrated people vent for a little while. I think it helps people feel better and also we hope that BlackBerry will get the message and get to work on fixing these bugs/issues.
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-23-15 09:50 AM
    Only if

1) BlackBerry make it easier to directly contact them, whether a, Enterprise and b, Consumer.

2) BlackBerry should led the way in how they will be listening to customers.

3) They would have to change their policy on how they interact with all their customers.

And until then, we will not be released from the destructiveness we are consumed in towards our company who leave us all in limbo, a lot of the time, which is heart wrenching.

Because, believe it or not, there are many here and other forums, who truly want this company to succeed but if we are not taken seriously.
    Many of us are left with no choice but to vacate.

jtvberry
    lift likes this.
    02-23-15 10:06 AM
    An update should be pushed by the end of the week? You know this how? Anyway, thanks for the apology. But you need to understand that people are frustrated and you are also frustrated about having to read about all the frustrated people complaining. So why don't you just sit back and let us frustrated people vent for a little while. I think it helps people feel better and also we hope that BlackBerry will get the message and get to work on fixing these bugs/issues.
    I'm just looking at the screenshot from Michael K. Twitter account and I assumed that has something to do with it.
    02-23-15 10:07 AM
    I'm just looking at the screenshot from Michael K. Twitter account and I assumed that has something to do with it.
    I saw that too but don't get too excited about anything he tweets.
    02-23-15 10:10 AM
    Man I am overwhelmed with all the negative threads about the new update.. I am not experiencing any bugs at all .. my volume is just fine..stop whining about flash people! I am on the Z10 stl2. I did uninstall hub ++ because it was messing with my notifications too much but dont really need it now since 10.3.1 has LED notifications.. Stop looking at all the negatives and focus on the positives !!!
    Simply No
    We want what was advertised and want we are paying for, so no, it will not and cannot stop.

Dying bones will not rest until they are dead. Simple.

If yours is working so fine, bully for you.
    You would be more helpful telling how you got yours to work so brilliantly fine.
    Hence the heading of this thread.

jtvberry
    Magnetox, lift and snow00774 like this.
    02-23-15 10:13 AM
304 ... 7891011 ...