For most people in this case means about hundred million... really? I don't think so.
    No, but if it affects 1-5% of iOS users, it's the same as affecting every BlackBerry user. That's huge.
    02-22-15 04:45 PM
    The original point was that ALL OS releases are flawed, including iOS 8. They have patched it four times since it was released and it is still not perfect, so those complaining about bugs/issues in the 10.3.1.x update need to be quiet.
    I don't think they necessarily need to be quiet, but be constructive about bug reports. Most of these comments are people ranting about something that doesn't work for them and when someone else reports it's working fine, they rant on BlackBerry for not listening to customers or testing properly for *all* situations, something even huge companies can't seem to get right either.
    02-22-15 04:54 PM
    People don't want to hear solutions in this thread.
    Specially when they are unacceptable.
    02-22-15 04:56 PM
    And this is before I got through

Attachment 336077

Am wondering if you all get to see the time.

jtvberry
    Cellular network does get busy sometimes.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:06 PM
    Why do people always compare iOS and Android failures to show BlackBerry's success. Sure we may have done it a bit better than them this time, but that doesn't matter, we should be doing it to the best of our ability regardless of how competitors are doing.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:08 PM
    Why do people always compare iOS and Android failures to show BlackBerry's success. Sure we may have done it a bit better than them this time, but that doesn't matter, we should be doing it to the best of our ability regardless of how competitors are doing.
    The comparisons were in response to people saying that they never experienced release failures on iOS or Android, or that iOS and Android test releases better, which may be the case, but it doesn't prevent major release problems on iOS and Android.
    02-22-15 05:23 PM
    I have been installing berryleaks, since Z10 launch..

If you have trouble then do security wipe and autoloader.

Also, don't backup and restore those cause problems on any OS.

Look at lollipop, I never do restore f that new tap and go feature..

Backups and Restores always cause bugs, cuz u don't know what's wrong after months of use.
    02-22-15 05:31 PM
    Specially when they are unacceptable.
    If the solution is to reboot the device every day, then, yeah. If the solution is to do a clean install, which isn't unheard of with electronics, then that's not so unacceptable, but a hassle, sure.

1. Do OTA install, if there are problems, do a hard reset (Volume Up/Down simultaneously until device reboots)
    2. Problem persists, so report and ask around to see if other people are experiencing the same problem and work together to find a solution. Solution may be to do a clean install.
    3. Problem is widespread and there's nothing that the user can do, report to BlackBerry
    4. Wait for BlackBerry to fix
    02-22-15 05:33 PM
    4. Wait for BlackBerry to fix
    This assumes they will fix it at all.

I've been reading the forum and the volume bug I've been suffering from has been noted for quite some time. Apparently even people with the 10.3.1 software pre-installed on Classic have reported this problem. There's no guarentee it will be resolved at all and the workaround is unreal, having to edit the music/sound files just to have a functioning ringtone and alarm is dire. There's no getting around it.

We have every right to complain about this. I was late to work and got a formal warning from my boss because of it. You keep mentioning solutions - do you have a solution for why my ringtone is so quiet I can't hear it when it's in my pocket? Or why my alarm is what, 10% as load as it was? I'm all ears.
    02-22-15 05:40 PM
    Did BlackBerry acknowledge the notification sound bug and told they'll fix it in near future?

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 05:40 PM
    This assumes they will fix it at all.

I've been reading the forum and the volume bug I've been suffering from has been noted for quite some time. Apparently even people with the 10.3.1 software pre-installed on Classic have reported this problem. There's no guarentee it will be resolved at all and the workaround is unreal, having to edit the music/sound files just to have a functioning ringtone and alarm is dire. There's no getting around it.

We have every right to complain about this. I was late to work and got a formal warning from my boss because of it. You keep mentioning solutions - do you have a solution for why my ringtone is so quiet I can't hear it when it's in my pocket? Or why my alarm is what, 10% as load as it was? I'm all ears.
    Why wouldn't they? Are you saying that 10.0->10.1->10.1.x->10.2->10.2.1.x->10.3->10.3.1.x are all feature releases, no bug fixing in there?

Yes, I agree that the user quick fix is unreal. However, it does prove that it's not a hardware problem but a software one. Actually, it implies that the solution is to release a new batch of sound files.

I didn't say you don't have a right to complain. The method of complaint is probably one of the reasons why most companies don't open up betas to general users. General users just don't have any idea of how to report bugs in a useful manner. It's just: This doesn't work. I'm unhappy/mad. Fix it.

I'm surprised you took the formal warning from your boss about something you can easily demonstrate to him/her that it's a situation that's beyond your control.

"You keep mentioning solutions - do you have a solution for why my ringtone is so quiet I can't hear it when it's in my pocket? Or why my alarm is what, 10% as load as it was? I'm all ears."

Yeah, if you need a quick fix, select some sound files that are louder. It doesn't have to match the current notifications you're using.

Also, I'm going to guess that you already have tried this, but in case some other users have not:

1. Check Settings->Notifications->Sound volume is maxed out
    2. Check Settings->Main Volume is maxed out
    02-22-15 06:02 PM
    Why wouldn't they?
    Because they're a company that no longer cares about it's (loss-making) handset business, that regards spending money on resolving these issues as a waste, and are perhaps thinking of selling the handset business (or maybe the entire company?) at some point in the future?

A lack of dillegence and a lack of proper beta testing for this release is not a good sign. These are known bugs and they're pretty widespread by the sound of things.

Also, I'm going to guess that you already have tried this, but in case some other users have not:

1. Check Settings->Notifications->Sound volume is maxed out
    2. Check Settings->Main Volume is maxed out
    Yes I've tried those.

I'm surprised you took the formal warning from your boss about something you can easily demonstrate to him/her that it's a situation that's beyond your control.
    My boss actually said "serves you right for having a blackberry" if that's of any interest to you. Yes my boss was being a bit unreasonable, but at the same time I was over 2 hours late for work because of the alarm not working, and he'd rang me whilst I was asleep several times and the phone was so quiet it didn't wake me up. He was angry when I was trying to explain what happened.
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-22-15 06:09 PM
    The method of complaint is probably one of the reasons why most companies don't open up betas to general users.
    Companies don't usually release betas as official updates. This is what BlackBerry did, hence so many complaints.
    02-22-15 06:17 PM
    The comparisons were in response to people saying that they never experienced release failures on iOS or Android, or that iOS and Android test releases better, which may be the case, but it doesn't prevent major release problems on iOS and Android.
    I don't think that's entirely fair, people are here with their BlackBerry's having issues. They don't need to hear folk that are having no issues posting a response that they need to be quiet and basically saying thank yourself lucky your not on an Android or iOS device.

BlackBerry 10 had minor bugs that were quite noticeable and frustrating up to the latest 10.2.1 build, that build seemed rock solid to me and I was quite content. I perform backups regularly however when I go to install the new update it continually fails to install, I had to remove 5GB of data to finally get it to install successfully. When I come to restore from backup it fails with a Fatal error or the PC blue screens with a PNP failure.

Using the device there are now noticeable minor bugs littered throughout the OS which are well documented in the Bug thread, this spoils the new experience (as did losing my story maker videos that no longer work of my new niece).

To top all this off I've managed to delete two BBM conversations that went back to day one thanks to the new inline actions that pop up in the hub. If you are going to implement a feature like that then it needs to be customisable, to a greater extent than it is at the moment. I have the toggle set to Confirm on Deletion however that bizarrely only confirms deletion of emails (which to me are not as important because you can always request an email to be sent again). My current work around is to set the two inline actions to None and Flag, this means only phone call entries can be deleted.

I need to take a look at trying to extract the contents of the .bbb, however I shouldn't need to.

I don't feel very fortunate not being on an iOS or Android device but I don't really care what is on the other side of the fence, I'm annoyed, saddened and on top of that left with the niggly minor bugs to cause frustration. We all like BlackBerry that is why we are here.

Posted via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-22-15 06:29 PM
    The sound notification and alarm issue is a huge massive problem period. You cannot select an optional file for the alarm clock that you copy from computer to device because the OS does not allow this.

I did a complete reload from Link to my passport with the same result as the OTA.

Not hearing a notification for an incoming email is one thing but not having the alarm clock is another. Most people I know use their phones as alarm clocks now...lucky for me I have a second Passport that I did not and will not upgrade from 10.3.0

As I type this my keyboard backlight keeps going on and off....unbelievable!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Coach101; 02-22-15 at 07:19 PM.
    02-22-15 06:59 PM
    I didn't say you don't have a right to complain. The method of complaint is probably one of the reasons why most companies don't open up betas to general users. General users just don't have any idea of how to report bugs in a useful manner. It's just: This doesn't work. I'm unhappy/mad. Fix it.
    I know you wrote the above in response to somebody else, but you can not expect the General Users to take a course on "Proper Complaining Techniques" when they by a BB device, do you? The tone of the complaints is usually in proportion to the frustration level of the complainers.

As for me, I have bought so many BB10 devices, and continue to buy and support BlackBerry a much as practical. But, as a BB fan, I am extremely frustrated with the new 10.3.1 calendar, because IMO Calendar was one of BB10's strengths, and I am a heavy calendar user. So, of course I will be vocal about it, likely more than ever. Because, you start taking away one of the 2-3 reasons I have stayed with BlackBerry, and soon there will be nothing left to hang on to!
    vbdwork likes this.
    02-22-15 08:16 PM
    Because they're a company that no longer cares about it's (loss-making) handset business, that regards spending money on resolving these issues as a waste, and are perhaps thinking of selling the handset business (or maybe the entire company?) at some point in the future?
    You know this for a *fact*? Perhaps you could enlighten us on how you know this.

The company put itself on sale in 2013, two years ago. Why did you bother to keep buying BlackBerry devices? If you know they've given up, then you can only blame yourself for buying something that wouldn't be supported. Or did the devices have features that no other device have? That you had to take the risk? There's absolutely no reason for you to stick with BlackBerry. Absolutely none. Get what you need to get your job done. There are no bugs to be found elsewhere. As an experienced person who uses electronics, you know this to be true. Every other system out there is rock solid. Beta tested to the max. No bugs.

A lack of dillegence and a lack of proper beta testing for this release is not a good sign. These are known bugs and they're pretty widespread by the sound of things.
    Have you had /any/ experience with using any electronic equipment? I'm not even asking if you can actual develop anything, just use anything within the last 10 years. Developers do their best. They take pride in their work. There are always compromises that have to be taken given time frames and resources. That is the reality. They want their product to be great, to make their users happy. Of course, I can only assume this because that's my point of view when I spend time and effort on something. Maybe other people just like to sabotage other people. Maybe that why there's the kind of mindset you're talking about.

Yes I've tried those.
    I said you're most likely to have tried those.

My boss actually said "serves you right for having a blackberry" if that's of any interest to you. Yes my boss was being a bit unreasonable, but at the same time I was over 2 hours late for work because of the alarm not working, and he'd rang me whilst I was asleep several times and the phone was so quiet it didn't wake me up. He was angry when I was trying to explain what happened.
    Your boss sounds like a jerk. Why are you still working for him? You're certainly making a huge stand here on what's acceptable and what's not to you.
    der_mit likes this.
    02-22-15 09:27 PM
    Companies don't usually release betas as official updates. This is what BlackBerry did, hence so many complaints.
    Hey, you've found Lollipop. Why haven't you left here completely? You're no longer constructive and have become a troll. Read up on the definition of troll and read your post history.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-22-15 09:29 PM
    I don't think that's entirely fair, people are here with their BlackBerry's having issues. They don't need to hear folk that are having no issues posting a response that they need to be quiet and basically saying thank yourself lucky your not on an Android or iOS device.

BlackBerry 10 had minor bugs that were quite noticeable and frustrating up to the latest 10.2.1 build, that build seemed rock solid to me and I was quite content. I perform backups regularly however when I go to install the new update it continually fails to install, I had to remove 5GB of data to finally get it to install successfully. When I come to restore from backup it fails with a Fatal error or the PC blue screens with a PNP failure.

Using the device there are now noticeable minor bugs littered throughout the OS which are well documented in the Bug thread, this spoils the new experience (as did losing my story maker videos that no longer work of my new niece).

To top all this off I've managed to delete two BBM conversations that went back to day one thanks to the new inline actions that pop up in the hub. If you are going to implement a feature like that then it needs to be customisable, to a greater extent than it is at the moment. I have the toggle set to Confirm on Deletion however that bizarrely only confirms deletion of emails (which to me are not as important because you can always request an email to be sent again). My current work around is to set the two inline actions to None and Flag, this means only phone call entries can be deleted.

I need to take a look at trying to extract the contents of the .bbb, however I shouldn't need to.

I don't feel very fortunate not being on an iOS or Android device but I don't really care what is on the other side of the fence, I'm annoyed, saddened and on top of that left with the niggly minor bugs to cause frustration. We all like BlackBerry that is why we are here.
    I agree that people who are just saying to be thankful you're not iOS or Android aren't helping anyone. At the same time, there are people who are saying there are no/fewer bugs/problems on iOS and Android are being disingenuous.

I'm sorry to hear of the problems you've had. We can only hope that the bugs will be fixed quickly. The unfortunate reporting of bugs on CrackBerry is that it is haphazard and is limited to the people on CrackBerry. Some bugs are reported with such noise that it sounds like a bigger problem than it is. Loss of data is huge, but to some people, your loss of data isn't a huge problem because their problems are more important than yours.
    02-22-15 09:47 PM
    The sound notification and alarm issue is a huge massive problem period. You cannot select an optional file for the alarm clock that you copy from computer to device because the OS does not allow this.

I did a complete reload from Link to my passport with the same result as the OTA.
    That is useful information. When you say "reload", did you do a complete wipe and re-setup your accounts or did you do a restore from backup. Granted, a wipe and re-setup is time consuming, but if that will get things to work, then it is worth doing, if the alarm is important to you. If you can live without it, then it's not critical for you at this moment.

As I type this my keyboard backlight keeps going on and off....unbelievable!
    Are you saying that the keyboard backlight blinking only happens on your upgraded Passport? Have you asked around to see if it's a common problem? The amount of information you're providing is only good enough for someone to say, "happens to me too", which doesn't tell developers anything on what devices are affected, which OS, etc. and how to proceed to debug it.
    02-22-15 09:55 PM
    I know you wrote the above in response to somebody else, but you can not expect the General Users to take a course on "Proper Complaining Techniques" when they by a BB device, do you? The tone of the complaints is usually in proportion to the frustration level of the complainers.
    I'm explaining why general users /aren't/ beta testers - no training on bug reporting. How do you fix something when someone says, "It's broken. I'm angry!"

As for me, I have bought so many BB10 devices, and continue to buy and support BlackBerry a much as practical. But, as a BB fan, I am extremely frustrated with the new 10.3.1 calendar, because IMO Calendar was one of BB10's strengths, and I am a heavy calendar user. So, of course I will be vocal about it, likely more than ever. Because, you start taking away one of the 2-3 reasons I have stayed with BlackBerry, and soon there will be nothing left to hang on to!
    I agree about the calendar. The old design is much better. Should the developers fix the calendar first or can you live with it for a bit so that the notification/alarm sounds could be louder again?
    02-22-15 10:06 PM
    Hey, you've found Lollipop. Why haven't you left here completely?
    Was waiting to see what BlackBerry has to offer. It's really time to go now, I guess.
    02-22-15 10:12 PM
    Dude, you're like the biggest fanboy I've seen in a while.
    02-22-15 10:35 PM
    Was waiting to see what BlackBerry has to offer. It's really time to go now, I guess.
    I think you should wait until MWC 2015, it's just a couple of weeks away, and will show where BlackBerry wants to go. Then we decide if we leave.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 02-23-15 at 12:05 AM.
    vbdwork likes this.
    02-22-15 10:38 PM
    I think you should wait until MWC 2015, it's just a couple of weeks away, and will show where BlackBerry wants to. Then we decide if we leave.
    I had to leave partially 1 year ago. Apps I use in my business don't work on BB10. Z10 is keeping my second line alive, it's good for basic communications.
    02-22-15 11:38 PM
304 ... 678910 ...