If you are referring to my comments, I rarely do not have a full signal and I am typically in a LTE area. Unless there is a bug that indicates a stronger signal than there really is the voice fade is not from bad signal areas...at least not for me.

...in reference to your concern about loosing data, backing up is one way to mitigate data loss.
    I'm referring to the comparison of this shambles to that of the iOS release.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 08:58 AM
    ...ahhh, yes.

I guess I am so conditioned by so many that what ever problem I was having was likely my fault...
    oystersourced likes this.
    02-22-15 09:01 AM
    Hm... I have no Android... but the bugs after IOS 7/8 where peanuts... with 10.3.1 I have 3h battery time with my z10. The phone is getting hot... it is not usable anymore!
    02-22-15 09:05 AM
    I really think half the problem is doing the major updates OTA , i have been running the official since it came out as a leak, and i had the screen flicker a couple times, but i haven't seen it for days now, also i think doing a restore on link is not a good idea, the settings anyway, they are quite different on this OS and it might be whats causing the problems.
    02-22-15 10:05 AM
    This is a joke---like iOS 8 had no problems when it was introduced. All OS's have SOME shortfalls when first introduced.
    iOS 8 STILL isn't fixed for most people.
    02-22-15 10:55 AM
    iOS 8 STILL isn't fixed for most people.
    For most people in this case means about hundred million... really? I don't think so.
    02-22-15 11:51 AM
    This trouble with the 3.1 roll out is in the spotlight... they MUST fix it or risk loss of ATT & automakers & doom...
    02-22-15 01:10 PM
    You need to stop. If you have not experienced an iOS 7/8 rollout, or Android Lollipop 5.0, then you have no idea what serious bugs are like. On both updates, which I experienced as a second hand from my family, stuff simply didn't work, buttons disappeared and apps were not optimised (horribly). I'm not going to go into details, but I can tell you that BB was the most successful out of the 3 (ios, android and BB). Go into iMore or Android Central and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Facepalm.
    Here's a good one for Ya all.

My battery died for about 15-20 minutes.
    Sat in KFC Brixton charging if up.
    Got wifi, seems to come on auto now.

Z10STL100-2 tried to make a call about 5 times now with more than enough battery.
    Looks like I can be everywhere else but a call!!!

For those complaining about update bugs:-img_20150222_195513.png

jtvberry
    02-22-15 02:04 PM
    Tried to call again since my last complaint.
    Time for a reboot and not a hard life either

jtvberry
    02-22-15 02:07 PM
    I know I am replying late to this thread, but how dare anyone say that people experiencing problems and having to deal with bugs in the new OS have no right to complain. If people don't complain nothing will get fixed because BlackBerry will just assume all is well. I bought a phone that was working just fine on 10.2.1 and now has issues with 10.3.1 and I can't complain about it? Who do you think you are??? People that experienced bugs on android and IOS have every right to complain about their problems too. The consumer buys a product and expects it to work correctly and when it doesn't has every right to complain. So don't sit there all pompous and act like nobody has a right to complain. The nerve of some people!
    oystersourced likes this.
    02-22-15 02:20 PM
    Refreshing to hear, thank you!
    It seems more people are impressed than not.

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    02-22-15 02:20 PM
    You need to stop. If you have not experienced an iOS 7/8 rollout, or Android Lollipop 5.0, then you have no idea what serious bugs are like. On both updates, which I experienced as a second hand from my family, stuff simply didn't work, buttons disappeared and apps were not optimised (horribly). I'm not going to go into details, but I can tell you that BB was the most successful out of the 3 (ios, android and BB). Go into iMore or Android Central and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Facepalm.
    The squeaky wheel gets the oil. If people don't complain then there is no pressure on a company to fix their messed up products. How can you sit there all high and mighty like and tell people to stop complaining. I don't care how small some bugs may SEEM to YOU, to some other people some bugs are a deal breaker. So why don't people like you just keep your comments to yourself. "Face Palm"
    02-22-15 02:25 PM
    The squeaky wheel gets the oil. If people don't complain then there is no pressure on a company to fix their messed up products. How can you sit there all high and mighty like and tell people to stop complaining. I don't care how small some bugs may SEEM to YOU, to some other people some bugs are a deal breaker. So why don't people like you just keep your comments to yourself. "Face Palm"
    I fear our comments are misdirected. The best thing that can happen to BlackBerry is that they hear about the issues and fix them in good time.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:11 PM
    I don't think this thread by Bla1ze has been noticed by many as yet. It's a sticky in the BB10 Main forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post11386497
    Superfly_FR and cbvinh like this.
    02-22-15 03:16 PM
    For most people in this case means about hundred million... really? I don't think so.
    Believe whatever you want. I'm in IT and deal directly with the fallout of these failed iOS 8 launch/updates, etc. Do a little research before you speak. Google is your friend. Look at a few Apple forums and see if I'm not speaking the truth.

I carry an iPhone5 daily and know the real deal. Believe what you want.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:24 PM
    Where to report?!? There are no 'official' channels to report bugs but I did let Michael Clewley know that many users running leaks on the Passport had flickering issues with every 10.3.1 leaks so far through his BBM channel. That obviously didn't do anything...

Posted via CB10
    Beta testers have done their duty, with all the constraints and the rigor needed for reports to be relevant and usable (which cannot be the case with leaks, ne-ver). Of course in an appropriate place.

Can't say what have been reported or not (this is under NDA) but please guys, don't believe that's "so simple". Or if you believe it is, welcome to the armchair CEO fantasy land.

Posted via CB10
    mhhH4RI, Ecm and cbvinh like this.
    02-22-15 03:27 PM
    Believe what you want.
    I believe in simple math. 1% iOS users with issues represent more people than all BlackBerry 10 users all together.
    02-22-15 03:34 PM
    The original point was that ALL OS releases are flawed, including iOS 8. They have patched it four times since it was released and it is still not perfect, so those complaining about bugs/issues in the 10.3.1.x update need to be quiet.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 03:37 PM
    The difference here is that Apple released a fix for it 2 days later. How long will it take BB to release a fix for these issues?
    Hopefully not long, but the bugs are minor in comparison to having your phone useless for its primary function.
    02-22-15 04:15 PM
    And this is before I got through

For those complaining about update bugs:-img_20150222_214656.png

Am wondering if you all get to see the time.

jtvberry
    02-22-15 04:15 PM
    Yes it is. I need my BlackBerry for work reasons. So missing calls because there is no sound and vibration is really annoying. Many people use BlackBerry as a reliable phone for business.
    If you want your phone to work, then please describe how you installed the update and how that compares to people who don't have the problem you're having. Maybe there's a solution in there for you, if you care to have your phone work... unless you're just here to vent.
    02-22-15 04:24 PM
    I'm sorry to say there is too many BlackBerry users saying stop complaining. Don't forget that BlackBerry are not in the best place at the moment and they need to listen to their customers to build a solid product that works and people want to buy. By saying nothing and burying your head in the sand leads to no change and no progress for the better. Overall I like the changes, but the ring tone and notification issue is a major issue that needs addressing asap. What's wrong with highlighting this?
    If the complaints are constructive:

Hey, this isn't working for me, is it working for anyone else? If it is working for other people, how did they install, what device and what's the fix?

then no problem.

Instead, it sounds like this:

BlackBerry isn't listen to its customers! It's doomed! No other OS has release issues and is well tested before release!
    ppeters914 likes this.
    02-22-15 04:32 PM
    Hm... I have no Android... but the bugs after IOS 7/8 where peanuts... with 10.3.1 I have 3h battery time with my z10. The phone is getting hot... it is not usable anymore!
    After a major software release, the OS will do a lot of house keeping over the next few days. Once that period is over, things will improve a lot. It's been discussed many times here on CrackBerry, but since you're a Newbie, you might have missed that. It's one of the idiosyncracies of BB10, just like how the OS takes a while to boot from cold start, which is a result of it checking to make sure your device is secure and no one has hacked it.
    02-22-15 04:40 PM
    I really think half the problem is doing the major updates OTA , i have been running the official since it came out as a leak, and i had the screen flicker a couple times, but i haven't seen it for days now, also i think doing a restore on link is not a good idea, the settings anyway, they are quite different on this OS and it might be whats causing the problems.
    People don't want to hear solutions in this thread.
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    02-22-15 04:42 PM
    I updated yesterday, tried out everything I could and have had no issues. I think there are some amazing enhancements. I love it.
    02-22-15 04:43 PM
304 ... 56789 ...