Initially my Q5 was acting silly by not letting me update due to so-called shortage of space on device, but once I did a security-wipe, ota worked pretty fine, everything is working flawlessly since the update!
    Hats off to BlackBerry for their 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10 From Q5
    Oglon3r likes this.
    02-21-15 01:09 PM
    Initially my Q5 was acting silly by not letting me update due to so-called shortage of space on device, but once I did a security-wipe, ota worked pretty fine, everything is working flawlessly since the update!
    Hats off to BlackBerry for their 10.3.1.

Posted via CB10 From Q5
    Preferably this is then proper way to do it.
    Clean upgrade after clean install.
    The same reason why I am against blitz updates.
    Thank you for the feedback!

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-21-15 01:12 PM
    *********, OP! Is this a joke thread? Because this can't be another thread of everyone but BB gets it wrong. And what is this "wipe your device beforehand" nonsense?
    LazyEvul and ExplicitPromo like this.
    02-21-15 01:15 PM
    Maybe part of the problem with being on a leak is that the leak is expected to have problems that you can overlook and hope it's fixed in the final release.
    That's like "Leaks" are Beta's and should be treated that way.
    Report Problems
    Developers Read Them Reports
    Developers Fix Issues
    Deploy Good Update/Upgrade

Job Done

No harm there then.
    Did common sense grow legs and a brain and walked out the door?

jtvberry
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    02-21-15 01:21 PM
    I'm having this problem too, I've also lost my Story Maker videos... they say the media used to create the videos is no longer accessible.

Posted via CB10
    Found the "Story Maker" vid I created, close at hand in my SD Card, which I might add, is where my stories are despatched to.
    And if plays fine.

jtvberry
    02-21-15 01:26 PM
    Blackberry does not have the luxury of comparing itself to iOS or Android. It has a lot of ground to cover to be considered in the same league as its competitors. So there is no room for frack ups at this point in the game.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    This. And considering the delays, that there are this many issues? The optics are bad.
    02-21-15 03:07 PM
    *********, OP! Is this a joke thread? Because this can't be another thread of everyone but BB gets it wrong. And what is this "wipe your device beforehand" nonsense?
    This is a thread based on "blackberry is not that bad because other companies also make mistakes"

If the best defense available to fans of blackberry is that other people are useless too, things are looking bad. Unfortunately, based on market share, no one is as useless as blackberry in the mobile sector. This has not effected their ego or arrogance though.
    02-21-15 03:32 PM
    Yes I updated OTA

Z10 STL100-2 | Official OS ver. 10.2.1.3247
    02-21-15 05:53 PM
    okay I'll ask my question here because no one is paying attention to my thread T-T

I copied a contact to my sim card. they vanished into thin air.

so I'm now wondering just simply how do I re sync my facebook contacts to my phone. I'm figuring this is the only way I can bring the contact back from beyond the grave.

it's been almost 2 years since I did it last and I can't find any help online or in CB to tell me how to do It. I know it's super easy but I can't figure it out

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 05:59 PM
    That's like "Leaks" are Beta's and should be treated that way.
    Report Problems
    Developers Read Them Reports
    Developers Fix Issues
    Deploy Good Update/Upgrade

Job Done

No harm there then.
    Did common sense grow legs and a brain and walked out the door?
    Except the people who install leaks here on CrackBerry aren't the real beta testers that BlackBerry is counting on, which means there's no official communication channel to the developers and the leak versions are behind current beta versions that BlackBerry is testing.

The problems reported now, are they universal across all devices or are they a problem for a limited set, perhaps due to backup restores of settings vs a clean install? That answer is difficult to find since "testers" here report sometimes in rants rather than: here's my hardware, here's my OS version, here's how I installed, etc. For reports to be useful, there needs to be an established method of bug reporting, which official beta testers have access to and not general users here.
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-21-15 06:05 PM
    Jokes on you son.
    It's Official?iOS 8 Is Apple's Buggiest Release to Date | WIRED

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    Read my post carefully---you may have a small problem with the English language. No problem-we all make mistakes
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-21-15 06:13 PM
    My 1 cent.....backup the device and load OS via the computer....I have the best results this way, whether ios, android, or bb10

STL100-4 OS10.2.1.2976
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-21-15 06:16 PM
    What's OTA?

jtvberry
    02-21-15 06:34 PM
    uninstall and install app again. that should fix hub integration
    02-21-15 06:40 PM
    What's OTA?

jtvberry

OTA = Over the air
    (not connected to any source by USB)
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-21-15 06:41 PM
    okay I'll ask my question here because no one is paying attention to my thread T-T

so I'm now wondering just simply how do I re sync my facebook contacts to my phone. I'm figuring this is the only way I can bring the contact back from beyond the grave.

it's been almost 2 years since I did it last and I can't find any help online or in CB to tell me how to do It. I know it's super easy but I can't figure it out

It's far from easy, and the thing is, if will be looking you'd phone somewhere. Just not where he put it.

I spent a year sorting out my contacts, unlinking, writing on paper and returning them back from my phone.

Now this new update date has slightly upset all my hard work.

jtvberry
    02-21-15 06:50 PM
    It's far from easy, and the thing is, if will be looking you'd phone somewhere. Just not where he put it.

I spent a year sorting out my contacts, unlinking, writing on paper and returning them back from my phone.

Now this new update date has slightly upset all my hard work.

jtvberry
    Won't reinstalling the Facebook app import the contacts? There could be an easier method but I don't have much experience with Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    bER1Nry likes this.
    02-21-15 07:02 PM

Open the native Facebook app and sign in. Your Facebook contacts will automatically download to get contacts app.

Z10 via CB10
    oystersourced likes this.
    02-21-15 07:17 PM
    Open the native Facebook app and sign in. Your Facebook contacts will automatically download to get contacts app.

Z10 via CB10
    I am signed on and before it always automatically synced. I never had to sign out and re sign in to sync them.

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    02-21-15 07:28 PM
    OTA = Over the air
    (not connected to any source by USB)
    Nuff Thanks

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:08 PM
    Won't reinstalling the Facebook app import the contacts? There could be an easier method but I don't have much experience with Facebook.

Posted via CB10
    It should import your fb contacts as that's how I got some of mine.

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:10 PM
    I am signed on and before it always automatically synced. I never had to sign out and re sign in to sync them.

| bER1Nry | on the |  Q10 |
    Stuff breaks. That's the nature of software.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:20 PM
    Stuff breaks. That's the nature of software.

Posted via CB10
    Hahaha

Being soft, I'd expect it to bend...lol

jtvberry
    02-22-15 12:00 AM
    I agree with the OP but.....
    With the ridiculously long wait we had for the roll out for 10.3, holding your breath for quick fixes would be a really daft idea!
    Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:25 AM
    I agree with the OP but.....
    With the ridiculously long wait we had for the roll out for 10.3, holding your breath for quick fixes would be a really daft idea!
    Just saying.

Posted via CB10
    Hot fixes can be pushed faster than major releases. I'm sure we will see one soon enough.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 12:41 AM
304 ... 34567 ...