Considering there are tons of people who have no major issues like yourself
    There seems to be quite a lot of people on here upset their phone no longer performs such a basic function, and I'd say that it's a damning indictment of a company that could release a new OS such a major problem even though these problems were known about in advance. I could've lost my job over this, all because I was naive enough to put my faith in blackberry to fulfill a very basic function (an audible and ringtone) that most mobile phones from 15 years ago could manage. Wouldn't that make you angry too?

Saying "buy another alarm clock" is such a cop-out, it's basically accepting that blackberry's can't be trusted or relied upon. Should I buy another phone too, so that I can enjoy the luxury of being able to hear it when it rings?
    02-21-15 11:53 AM
    [QUOTE=sbx9900;11381079]
    ...there have been several people who have been running leaks for a while now and never reported having any issues with the OS. They've said it works perfect and hasn't had any issues and actually encouraged others to load the leaks themselves. These same people are now saying "Yeah I had the audio issue and flickering issue when I was running the leak." To me that's hiding a problem that they should (of) have let other people know about. /QUOTE]

There is a "Findings and Fixes" thread regarding the 10.3.1.2243 blitz hybrid OS. While some people may not have experienced bugs for this OS, a lot of folks here in CB reported bugs in that thread which should have alerted those people who are complaining now. Those people complaining on CB now should have been on CB before browsing about those findings and fixes to prepare them for any eventuality.
    My point is that there were tons of people in here saying that they were running the leaks and had no issues. Those same people are now saying that they had the issues before but didn't say anything about them. They have experienced the volume loss and flickering screen but when asked about the leak they were running they would respond with "Its great, I've had no issues." Why not just be honest and say that there were issues with the build you were running instead of giving people a false sense of security that the OS was finished and ready to be released.
    02-21-15 11:55 AM
    Aside from the master notification volume, there is another slider for the alarm volume and the other apps. CAn you please check what the alarm volume is in case you missed this? Thanks.
    Where can I find these sliders?

If that's the solution to the problem then THANK YOU for being constructive - it sure beats telling someone who may have lost their job cos of this to "buy another alarm clock". Perhaps the new OS resets the volume for apps to something very low by default?
    02-21-15 11:56 AM
    [QUOTE=donnation;11381292]

My point is that there were tons of people in here saying that they were running the leaks and had no issues. Those same people are now saying that they had the issues before but didn't say anything about them. They have experienced the volume loss and flickering screen but when asked about the leak they were running they would respond with "Its great, I've had no issues." Why not just be honest and say that there were issues with the build you were running instead of giving people a false sense of security that the OS was finished and ready to be released.
    Your original post regarding this matter states that "there have been several people." and now you are saying that there were "tons of people" who had no issues and stated that they had no issues, but who now say that they have issues. I wonder if you keep track of those people who now say otherwise. "Several people" and "tons of people" are two different animals.

Be that as it may, it does not matter what they said or say now. The entire point is whether somebody esp someone on CB was blindsided into loading an OS full of bugs. If he is on CB making those complaints now, he must have been on CB before and he must have seen threads reporting these same bugs, and the Findings and Fixes thread is just one of them. Thus, it is out of line to accuse whoever said that they did not have issues before but now say otherwise.
    02-21-15 12:06 PM

If that's the solution to the problem then THANK YOU for being constructive - it sure beats telling someone who may have lost their job cos of this to "buy another alarm clock". Perhaps the new OS resets the volume for apps to something very low by default?
    Let's try the alarm clock first .... Go to Alarm, Alarm tone, and you will see the slider for volume. If that works, i can teach you how to select the volume for the call notification and other apps.
    02-21-15 12:11 PM

Serious? Lol my job or whatever is important I'd have two alarm clocks lol what a joke thread if people like you can't use common sense
    I'd tried giving u help by saying reload the OS with an autoloader. Or roll back to a different one but you were too busy poking fun and not thinking
    Posted via CB10
    bungaboy and bennyph like this.
    02-21-15 12:16 PM
    Let's try the alarm clock first .... Go to Alarm, Alarm tone, and you will see the slider for volume. If that works, i can teach you how to select the volume for the call notification and other apps.
    Yeah I just tried that, it was already on 9, moved it to 10, made no noticeable difference. It's still really really quiet.

Damn, I had my hopes up then for second. Thanks for your efforts though.
    02-21-15 12:21 PM
    Serious? Lol my job or whatever is important I'd have two alarm clocks lol what a joke thread if people like you can't use common sense
    I'd tried giving u help by saying reload the OS with an autoloader. Or roll back to a different one but you were too busy poking fun and not thinking
    Posted via CB10
    Who has an alarm clock in the year 2015?

I was relying on my blackberry to be my alarm clock, and it let me down.

If your phone is so unreliable you have to buy an alarm clock as backup just to get to work then something is very, very wrong.

Any suggestions on how I'm supposed to recieve incoming calls btw? I noticed you ducked out of that one.
    JeepBB and JackTColten like this.
    02-21-15 12:23 PM
    Posted via CB10
    There are plenty of valid points in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:23 PM
    [INFO]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/INFO]
    anon(4067838) and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-21-15 12:25 PM
    Updated my Passport this am, so far it's Great! Setting up speed dials for my liking. Love having the Q function again. No flicker, sound is good, just going through stuff and liking everything so far.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 12:27 PM
    Yeah I just tried that, it was already on 9, moved it to 10, made no noticeable difference. It's still really really quiet.

Damn, I had my hopes up then for second. Thanks for your efforts though.
    ok. one last time. let's check your notifications volume. Go to settings, notifications, make sure your profile is set to "Normal", then scroll down and press "Normal" You will see another slider for Sound, turn that on and adjust the slider to max.
    02-21-15 12:27 PM
    [INFO]
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!
    This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.
    Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry![/INFO]
    Is that aimed at me? I certainly hope not, considering I may have lost my job because of this terrible bit of software riddled with bugs that can't even do the absolute basics that a phone of over a decade ago could manage. I came here to vent and to ask for help.

I'm not here because "I'm united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry" I'm here because Blackberry 10.3.1 has very nearly cost me my job. I have rent to pay, bills, family, and I'm more worried about what'll become of them than my "love" for Blackberry.

There's a funny side - a phone which styles itself as the ultimate communication device can't even do the basics that a phone is meant to do, recieve phonecalls and wake you up in a morning! This is totally useless to me know, so I'm without a working phone and may very well be soon out of a job with it. Nice work, Blackberry!
    ExplicitPromo and salim0 like this.
    02-21-15 12:31 PM
    ok. one last time. let's check your notifications volume. Go to settings, notifications, make sure your profile is set to "Normal", then scroll down and press "Normal" You will see another slider for Sound, turn that on and adjust the slider to max.
    I've already tried this before I posted the first time. It didn't work - still very very quiet.

Thanks for your time, it's appreciated.
    02-21-15 12:34 PM
    Any suggestions on how I'm supposed to recieve incoming calls btw?
    try this, go to settings, notifications, - make sure your profile is on "Normal", then lower on the screen, you will see "Normal" profile with bell on the left, click that, then press "Customize App Notifications" and you will see Phone and other apps/accounts....press phone, and you will see settings for this phone app. Make sure that sound notification is turned on....you may override profile volume if you wish....
    02-21-15 12:34 PM
    This is a joke---like iOS 8 had no problems when it was introduced. All OS's have SOME shortfalls when first introduced.
    Jokes on you son.
    http://www.wired.com/2014/11/ios-8-buggiest/

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    02-21-15 12:35 PM
    ok....i am of no help for you this time then. But Usman has another solution in another thread...let me check
    Posdas likes this.
    02-21-15 12:36 PM
    I've already tried this before I posted the first time. It didn't work - still very very quiet.

Try this. Read post #25 and see the previous posts by Usman on this thread and Fistmaster

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...r-chen-998710/
    Posdas likes this.
    02-21-15 12:42 PM
    Self explanatory:

Posted via Commodore 64
    02-21-15 12:42 PM
    You need to stop. If you have not experienced an iOS 7/8 rollout, or Android Lollipop 5.0, then you have no idea what serious bugs are like. On both updates, which I experienced as a second hand from my family, stuff simply didn't work, buttons disappeared and apps were not optimised (horribly). I'm not going to go into details, but I can tell you that BB was the most successful out of the 3 (ios, android and BB). Go into iMore or Android Central and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Facepalm.
    Blackberry does not have the luxury of comparing itself to iOS or Android. It has a lot of ground to cover to be considered in the same league as its competitors. So there is no room for frack ups at this point in the game.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    JackTColten likes this.
    02-21-15 12:47 PM
    Is that aimed at me? I certainly hope not, considering I may have lost my job because of this terrible bit of software riddled with bugs that can't even do the absolute basics that a phone of over a decade ago could manage. I came here to vent and to ask for help.

I'm not here because "I'm united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry" I'm here because Blackberry 10.3.1 has very nearly cost me my job. I have rent to pay, bills, family, and I'm more worried about what'll become of them than my "love" for Blackberry.

There's a funny side - a phone which styles itself as the ultimate communication device can't even do the basics that a phone is meant to do, recieve phonecalls and wake you up in a morning! This is totally useless to me know, so I'm without a working phone and may very well be soon out of a job with it. Nice work, Blackberry!
    Posdas,

You're new to CrackBerry Forums and may not have seen one of these before. This is a general message to those within the thread. Occasionally things get a little heated and a reminder about Forum decorum is posted. If there was ever an issue with your posting, you would receive a private message from one of the Moderators.
    reeneebob and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-21-15 12:53 PM
    I'm having this problem too, I've also lost my Story Maker videos... they say the media used to create the videos is no longer accessible.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, mines saying it can't be found, but I know I haven't deleted it.
    I've maybe moved it

jtvberry
    02-21-15 12:57 PM
    The issue is there for all of us with the official 10.3.1 update. For your alarm, you can enable "Vibrate" and put your phone on a small pile of plates Until the next minor update that will fix this
    02-21-15 12:59 PM

Have you tried changing your alarm tone to Definite at all? I have this set at max volume and it certainly is loud. Hope this works for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:03 PM
    Yeah, mines saying it can't be found, but I know I haven't deleted it.
    I've maybe moved it

jtvberry
    I've not moved mine , if the update has moved something then it should have updated the links accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 01:05 PM
304 ... 23456 ...