All BlackBerry is trying to do with 10.3.1 update is to copy Android and iOS functions and looks.
    Wow, you have no idea of the history of mobile devices.
    Pdinos3, dolco and bungaboy like this.
    02-21-15 03:33 AM
    I went from 10.2 to 10.3 (official release) on my Z10 2 days ago. So far everything running smoothly. No bugs, maybe I go look for some later.
    02-21-15 04:06 AM
    Go home!
    Ah to be so lucky. Perks of management - no one else to cover means I go in anyway. It's so glamorous.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    02-21-15 06:33 AM
    Facebook hub integration has gone after the update.. im not complaining, im here for solution.. anyone knows?

Z10 STL100-2 | Official OS ver. 10.2.1.3247
    Delete and re-install fixes this issue.
    02-21-15 06:36 AM
    Ah to be so lucky. Perks of management - no one else to cover means I go in anyway. It's so glamorous.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
    Shouldn't you be working an helping all those mad bb10 owners out and not trolling on CB?

Honest question since you said you are so busy with them before

Posted via CB10
    Pdinos3 and bungaboy like this.
    02-21-15 07:30 AM
    You need to stop. If you have not experienced an iOS 7/8 rollout, or Android Lollipop 5.0, then you have no idea what serious bugs are like. On both updates, which I experienced as a second hand from my family, stuff simply didn't work, buttons disappeared and apps were not optimised (horribly). I'm not going to go into details, but I can tell you that BB was the most successful out of the 3 (ios, android and BB). Go into iMore or Android Central and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Facepalm.
    You don't think Any of these bugs are major? And how the hell is Blackberry the most successful of the three, because you say so?

There have been devices running 10.3 for months now (Passport and Classic) so Its not like this was a major release for those two phones because they already had it. But boy has it screwed them up with just a minor update for them.
    02-21-15 07:39 AM
    People are over dramatic and unbelievable... lol

Posted via CB10
    There isn't any drama here, the reason why BlackBerry took so long to release the Update( as I believe) Is to avoid any bugs or complaints from there customers.
    If you had used a Passport with the official OS and now updated it with the latest OS update you would have known the difference. It literally feels like a Downgrade for many of the Passport users.

Please stop being sarcastic when you can't help others.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:58 AM
    Facebook hub integration has gone after the update.. im not complaining, im here for solution.. anyone knows?

Uninstall and reinstall.

I thought, let me reinstall from my BlackBerry Beta Zone Account, then went to reinstall from my BlackBerry World Apps and found it became installed to.

10Birds One Stone
    BONUS

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:02 AM
    I've updated my Z10 and some apps including pictures and videos run only in landscape mode. even though the screen rotation is locked. And amazon app store doesn't work. OS 10.1.1565

Posted via CB10
    Try unlocking the screen rotation.
    Have you tried resetting your device to see if amazon app should comes back ?
    I don't think the problems your having are very common. Hope they get sorted for you.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:10 AM
    There isn't any drama here, the reason why BlackBerry took so long to release the Update( as I believe) Is to avoid any bugs or complaints from there customers.
    If you had used a Passport with the official OS and now updated it with the latest OS update you would have known the difference. It literally feels like a Downgrade for many of the Passport users.

Posted via CB10
    Um, downgrade?
    Not hardly. Sure flash is gone. Some, many?, are seeing a flickering problem with BBW. But many features have been added, even from 10.3.0.

So I'd agree there are issues, but _disagree_ that it's anywhere near a downgrade.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:19 AM
    I have just connected it but I also see no facebook in hub

Posted from Blackberry Z-10 via CB10
    Uninstall and reinstall

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    That ani't going to happen.

"No complaints from customers and bugs"

Example: Adobe Removed + NO REPLACEMENT = WHY

Ya Get Mi
    It was only last week I was watching my football/soccer UK team playing on VipBox.
    Today I've had to resort to staying at home when I should be on the road with a Total Mobile Device

Some say this is technology of the future.
    I know a song/tune by one called "Max Romeo; One Step Forward Two Steps Backward!!!

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:34 AM
    That ani't going to happen.

"No complaints from customers and bugs"

Example: Adobe Removed + NO REPLACEMENT = WHY

Ya Get Mi
    It was only last week I was watching my football/soccer UK team playing on VipBox.
    Today I've had to resort to staying at home when I should be on the road with a Total Mobile Device

Some say this is technology of the future.
    I know a song/tune by one called "Max Romeo; One Step Forward Two Steps Backward!!!

jtvberry
    It's down to the websites to provide a replacement, it shouldn't be a surprise to them because flash support has been limited for years on mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-21-15 09:41 AM
    I cant watch the videos I recorded after the update, theres an audio but its all black.. is there anyone here having the same issue?

02-21-15 10:02 AM
    I've updated my Z10 and some apps including pictures and videos run only in landscape mode. even though the screen rotation is locked. And amazon app store doesn't work. OS 10.1.1565

Posted via CB10
    reload the appstore here:
    http://www.amazon.com/getappstore
    02-21-15 10:56 AM
    I cant watch the videos I recorded after the update, theres an audio but its all black.. is there anyone here having the same issue?

Not having this issue at all. Did you update OTA?
    02-21-15 10:58 AM

I'm having this problem too, I've also lost my Story Maker videos... they say the media used to create the videos is no longer accessible.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:58 AM

Delete the app, then reinstall from BB world. That worked for me,
    02-21-15 11:06 AM
    [QUOTE=donnation;11378518]...there have been several people who have been running leaks for a while now and never reported having any issues with the OS. They've said it works perfect and hasn't had any issues and actually encouraged others to load the leaks themselves. These same people are now saying "Yeah I had the audio issue and flickering issue when I was running the leak." To me that's hiding a problem that they should (of) have let other people know about. /QUOTE]

There is a "Findings and Fixes" thread regarding the 10.3.1.2243 blitz hybrid OS. While some people may not have experienced bugs for this OS, a lot of folks here in CB reported bugs in that thread which should have alerted those people who are complaining now. Those people complaining on CB now should have been on CB before browsing about those findings and fixes to prepare them for any eventuality.
    ZEDTROSPEKTIV likes this.
    02-21-15 11:18 AM
    Anyone else unable to Re download the films brought on blackberry world, which they promised would be available, numerous other issues with the update assistant does not send bbms. Calendar is crap. And like someone else said the look is a miss mash. Cmon John get it sorted or just pull out of phones altogether, if your not taking it seriously

Posted via CB10
    JackTColten likes this.
    02-21-15 11:23 AM
    You need to stop. If you have not experienced an iOS 7/8 rollout, or Android Lollipop 5.0, then you have no idea what serious bugs are like. On both updates, which I experienced as a second hand from my family, stuff simply didn't work, buttons disappeared and apps were not optimised (horribly). I'm not going to go into details, but I can tell you that BB was the most successful out of the 3 (ios, android and BB). Go into iMore or Android Central and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Facepalm.
    Hi, first time poster, wanted to reply to this.

Last night I was really excited to get 10.3.1 on my Blackberry Q10. I've had the Q10 for 12 months and I'm on the whole a happy customer. It's reliable and I like the physical keyboard, I don't care about watching movies in 16:9, and my apps work just fine. I installed 10.3.1, installed blackberry blend, and went to bed last night happy with the world.

This morning I had a total disaster. I work weekends, and I start at 9am. My alarm is set for 8am giving me ample time to get to work. Except this morning I didn't wake up 'til 9:45am! As I opened my eyes, and as the horror of my situation dawned on me, I went to check my phone, worried that I may have forgot to set the alarm. But no. Not only had the alarm worked, I had 3 missed calls from my boss and a series of angry text messages enquiring to where I was. The problem is since 10.3.1 my notification volume is now so low that I slept right through my alarm for over 1 hour and 45 minutes, and on top of it slept through several phone calls and txts as well because they're so quiet. I'd say that it's less than 50% of the previous volume. It's made my phone practically useless.

I ended up recieving a formal warning from work and I may lose my job because of this. My phone is practically unusable now and unless I'm holding it in my hand as it rings there's no way of knowing it's ringing at all because the sound is so low. It's a very expensive paperweight that can't even perform the basic functions of a phone.

The wi-fi also seems less reliable and many of my apps are now much slower, but these are trivial concerns compared to losing your livlihood thanks to owning a Blackberry instead of a normal smartphone.

I've looked on the forums and I can't find a fix for this, and I'm amazed that some people reported this bug in 10.3.1 for months on here and Blackberry still saw fit to release it anyway! Although it may end up being fixed in subsequent updates, this does not fill me with much hope. I have a bad feeling that the reason Blackberry did this update despite these known flaws is down to the fact they're simply not interested in the handset business anymore, they've essentially given up and are looking to sell the company, so it's not worth their time sorting these things out.

So BBrick, do you think I should stop making criticisms? Even though this phone failing at it's much basic function may have cost me my job?

Apologies for the angry post, but it's hard to take being told to shut up when something as serious as this happens.

To everyone else, is there anything you can recommend to help me fix this? I've search the forum high and low and so far found nothing. I've tried re-installing the OS via blackberry link and that had no effect. Can I somehow get 10.2 back? Is that wise (it may not be supported after all) or should I just cut my losses try to get my money back?

Thanks, and sorry for the rant.
    02-21-15 11:23 AM

Facepalm.
    I just tried to post, it didn't show up on here. Hope it's not a double post.

I could've lost my job today because my recently installed 10.3.1 on my Q10 is so quiet I managed to sleep through my alarm and several phonecalls from my boss this morning. I was 2 hours late for work thanks to this update I installed last night and I was given a formal warning with possibly more to come. My livlihood is on the line because of this update.

Can anyone help me please? My Q10 is so quiet that I can't hear it ringing unless I hold it in my hand. I can't hear txts at all. The alarm is pointless. It's basically a glorified paperweight at this point. This seems like quite a serious issue and I'm sorry if that hurts your sense of tribal brand loyality but it's true.
    02-21-15 11:30 AM
    I just tried to post, it didn't show up on here. Hope it's not a double post.

I could've lost my job today because my recently installed 10.3.1 on my Q10 is so quiet I managed to sleep through my alarm and several phonecalls from my boss this morning. I was 2 hours late for work thanks to this update I installed last night and I was given a formal warning with possibly more to come. My livlihood is on the line because of this update.

Can anyone help me please? My Q10 is so quiet that I can't hear it ringing unless I hold it in my hand. I can't hear txts at all. The alarm is pointless. It's basically a glorified paperweight at this point. This seems like quite a serious issue and I'm sorry if that hurts your sense of tribal brand loyality but it's true.
    First I always have two alarms. My phone and a real alarm clock if the job is important I would recommend that. It doesn't help your case with your last sentence "I'm sorry if that hurts your sense of tribal brand loyality " your on a BlackBerry fan site of course we are going to say good things about BlackBerry also most are saying their experience which is good like mine!

You could try an autoloader of 10.3.1 or go back to an older OS. But once again I would have two alarm clocks!

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 11:35 AM
    But once again I would have two alarm clocks!
    You mean one alarm clock - you're forgetting my Blackberry isn't capable of doing that any more

Any suggestions how I receive incoming calls? Ouija board maybe? Or should I just have two phones, one for making phonecalls with, the other one a blackberry I use to keep my paper from blowing away in the wind? Cos at this point that's all it's good for.

Is it too much to ask that a phone performs the basic functions that you paid for?

Sorry if this is angry but this could've cost me my job, and it's not like these issues weren't known about prior to release. there's posts on here going back months describing this (pretty major) problem and they released it anyway! Did they not think that the effects this might have on people who rely on their phones for work?

I have a horrible feeling that this probably won't get fixed, that this company has essentially given up on the handset business and are looking to sell up, which is why they released it in this state in the first place.
    JeepBB likes this.
    02-21-15 11:42 AM
    You mean one alarm clock - you're forgetting my Blackberry isn't capable of doing that any more

Any suggestions how I receive incoming calls? Ouija board maybe? Or should I just have two phones, one for making phonecalls with, the other one a blackberry I use to keep my paper from blowing away in the wind? Cos at this point that's all it's good for.

Is it too much to ask that a phone performs the basic functions that you paid for?

Sorry if this is angry but this could've cost me my job, and it's not like these issues weren't known about prior to release. there's posts on here going back months describing this (pretty major) problem and they released it anyway! Did they not think that the effects this might have on people who rely on their phones for work?

I have a horrible feeling that this probably won't get fixed, that this company has essentially given up on the handset business and are looking to sell up, which is why they released it in this state in the first place.
    Aside from the master notification volume, there is another slider for the alarm volume and the other apps. CAn you please check what the alarm volume is in case you missed this? Go to Alarm, Alarm tone, and you will see the slider for volume. If that works, i can teach you how to select the volume for the call notification and other apps. If you have tried this before and nothing works, I have no other suggestions. Thanks.
    02-21-15 11:50 AM
304 12345 ...