On the plus side we are short staffed and I'm working with full on pneumonia and a 104 degree fever so it gave me an excuse to sit and try to fix stuff while wishing I was dead. Lol
    jtv1 likes this.
    02-20-15 08:02 PM
    I had a couple of people who actually had theirs soft brick and couldn't get it reloaded, 1 customer had the battery over heat and rapid discharge, net work connection issues, problems with the hub disappearing or freezing completely. It was lots of fun lol
    With any new release, I'll bet you have a busy and eventful day. When iOS 8 was released (the first version!) I had to take my nephew to his provider to get his Iphone 5s working again. It had also bricked. When we got to the store, there was a lineup of people, mostly with 4's but some 5's also waiting for service. We were told it could be awhile before we got served so we left and my nephew had to use one of my spare phones. He went back 3-4 days later and had it fixed. But it happens with all systems, just that it is most pronounced during a new release, I guess.
    Bolderholder and wincyUt like this.
    02-20-15 08:08 PM
    Seriously? BlackBerry release an OS that causes most shiny new Passport screens to flicker and you don't want people to complain?

And BlackBerry are no better or worse when it comes to OS releases than IOS or Android. You only have to see the amount of posts on Crackberry since BB10 phones came out over the last 2 years of people complaining about various things after OS upgrades.

And finally, it's our democratic right to be able to complain about things if we want to! ; )

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob and JackTColten like this.
    02-20-15 08:09 PM
    Remember when Crackberry was a friendly place where people could come for help with their Berries without being told to stop complaining? A place to get help is why this place exists! Those were great times. I've seen a few brand new users here today trying to get help. Is that really the message you want to send to them?
    02-20-15 08:10 PM
    Yep. We didn't have anyone come in with issues on iOS 8 day but we did with lollipop, but only 1 person.

Most of the ones I ran into today were not doing a wipe prior to update. Sneaking suspicion had they done a factory wipe first, it would have been smoother sailing. I know I always do a wipe before I update anything when it's a major update. If it's minor tweaks I don't bother. But something like kitkat to lollipop? Wipe, baby.
    ultra07 and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-20-15 08:11 PM
    Meant to add also that it seems BlackBerry was aware of the issue of the flickering screens, but somehow they managed to release the OS without it been fixed!

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:12 PM
    Except that automatic updates don't even give you a chance to do so prior to the start of the process.

There's no easing the outrage about the fact that they failed to address this well know issue since November.

iOS may have bugs that are newly discovered upon launch, everything does,... but come on, this shouldn't have anyone in Waterloo scrambling now.

The disappointment is with their apparent disconnect from reality, something which anyone truly rooting for BlackBerry is extremely sensitive and weary of. It's how they went from No. 1 to No. LAST.

Posted via CB10

The smart way to do this update is to NOT do it OTA. Make sure BEFOREHAND to deselect "automatic upgrade", then do a total backup using Link and then upgrade using Link also.
    reeneebob and ultra07 like this.
    02-20-15 08:13 PM
    still waiting for the update push (shopBB z10,TMo USA) and plan to use Link to apply it (had bad experiences in general updating OTA with Android and Legacy BBOS before). it would be nice if BB offered an update option similar to Android with flashing a factory image which is a clean and bug-free solution; I guess autoloaders are close but aren't officially sanctioned
    02-20-15 08:21 PM
    No complaints here, love this update.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 08:30 PM
    The smart way to do this update is to NOT do it OTA. Make sure BEFOREHAND to deselect "automatic upgrade", then do a total backup using Link and then upgrade using Link also.
    So it's dumb to update OTA? Why even have that option in the first place then? Never had an issue updating my Android devices OTA.

Hmmm...

Posted from an ME173X
    02-20-15 08:30 PM
    So it's dumb to update OTA? Why even have that option in the first place then? Never had an issue updating my Android devices OTA.

Hmmm...

Posted from an ME173X
    I think if you look at my post again you will not see the word "dumb" anywhere. OTA is A way to update but not the ONLY or best way IMHO
    02-20-15 08:41 PM
    What I don't understand is why people who were running leaks and had issues never reported them. I've read several posts from people in here who were running leaks and said that they experienced the flickering issue and the audio bug but never reported it. All that was ever said here was "load a leak, they work great." Its because of this that when people get the actual release and it isn't perfect that it causes outrage among people. I just don't understand why so many people who experienced these problems with leaks never mentioned them. Its not an official OS so why not tell people that there is a problem instead of saying that the leak is perfect and doesn't have any issues? Its almost like its done to protect Blackberry which is the opposite of what should be done which is protecting the consumer.
    02-20-15 08:58 PM
    What I don't understand is why people who were running leaks and had issues never reported them. I've read several posts from people in here who were running leaks and said that they experienced the flickering issue and the audio bug but never reported it. All that was ever said here was "load a leak, they work great." Its because of this that when people get the actual release and it isn't perfect that it causes outrage among people. I just don't understand why so many people who experienced these problems with leaks never mentioned them. Its not an official OS so why not tell people that there is a problem instead of saying that the leak is perfect and doesn't have any issues? Its almost like its done to protect Blackberry which is the opposite of what should be done which is protecting the consumer.
    Maybe part of the problem with being on a leak is that the leak is expected to have problems that you can overlook and hope it's fixed in the final release.
    JackTColten likes this.
    02-20-15 09:10 PM
    When I had the 9850, I was glad that BlackBerry did OTA updates. I use GNU/Linux as my primary desktop, which means no Desktop Manager. I did backups with Protect.

At the time, iPhone users were having to update with iTunes. The odds of Apple supporting GNU/Linux was/is pretty much nil.
    02-20-15 09:13 PM
    I don't think there's any official way to 'complain' or provide feedback about an OS you're not even supposed have installed...

Well, aside from posting about it here and magically hoping BlackBerry employees are allowed 2hrs/day to look through CB and find issues (clearly does not happen).

We're also frequently told, "by the super duper Elite insiders", that BlackBerry is already ten versions ahead of the table scraps that fall down upon us, such that those "leaked OS issues" threads are worthless... (some people are even worried the leaks may void their warranty lol ... they're not about to go tell BlackBerry anything).

Posted via CB10
    02-20-15 09:21 PM
    Maybe part of the problem with being on a leak is that the leak is expected to have problems that you can overlook and hope it's fixed in the final release.
    Typically people load the leaks not to help with the development but for a glimpse of what is to come. If it was the other way around and issues reported here were taken seriously then BlackBerry would have its own army of testers and all for free.

One issue with CrackBerry is that when someone does report a fault the thread is consistently hijacked by others stating they do not have the issue (when we can safely assume that based on the fact they haven't reported a problem).

Posted via CB10
    vbdwork and JackTColten like this.
    02-20-15 09:40 PM
    Just 1 day after the official update CB is flooded by issues threads. I'm sure BlackBerry support lines are glowing red right now. This is the result of rushing the release of an unfinished and not enough tested OS update.
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    02-20-15 10:04 PM
    Personally I think that BlackBerry is doing a wonderful job and have faith in them that the OS will be fixed with time. No need to panic people!
    02-20-15 11:06 PM
    I don't think there's any official way to 'complain' or provide feedback about an OS you're not even supposed have installed...

Well, aside from posting about it here and magically hoping BlackBerry employees are allowed 2hrs/day to look through CB and find issues (clearly does not happen).

We're also frequently told, "by the super duper Elite insiders", that BlackBerry is already ten versions ahead of the table scraps that fall down upon us, such that those "leaked OS issues" threads are worthless... (some people are even worried the leaks may void their warranty lol ... they're not about to go tell BlackBerry anything).

Posted via CB10
    I understand what you mean but there have been several people who have been running leaks for a while now and never reported having any issues with the OS. They've said it works perfect and hasn't had any issues and actually encouraged others to load the leaks themselves. These same people are now saying "Yeah I had the audio issue and flickering issue when I was running the leak." To me that's hiding a problem that they should of let other people know about. Just my opinion.
    02-20-15 11:11 PM
    Ooooookay. .. I've been dealing with customers all day with problems from the update. However I have a developer apple account and a Nexus 5 that had no problems, not a one, with iOS 7/8/lollipop rollouts. Not on an iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod touch 5...

Tapatalked from my iPhone 6+ primary line, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.
    Wow !

Here I have been fighting with Lollipop issues since 2 weeks now on a Nexus 5 and have finally put it up for sale with my SIM back in Z10. Not only bugs, lollipop seems entirely done by some artist focusing only on fisher-price toys and sheets of paper with on thought on usability. Almost Windows ME of Android. Just go to XDA someday and see.

On Lollipop, to call someone on your call log i have to long press the entry then click call back. On any other OS callbacks are just one touch. Took me a few days to send sms to call log entries before i realized touching the left side will bring up another card with various stuff including an sms icons (touching rest of the entry brings up different options without any sms). So all useful things are buried inside while useless stuff like violet and purple and green colors are all over the full background of my messages & emails (not just fonts, the full backF**ing*ground). Sometimes all the icons disappear and i have to wait 5 seconds for them to come back. Exchange email service takes up 70% of my battery (even more than display and wifi hotspot!) so i had to remove them.

I have a claim raised against an iphone 5s i recently bought which is perfect except I can't receive calls (swipe to accept doesn't work for some reason - its not a touch problem since every single things works perfectly once i manage to unlock it by pressing power button a few times. Only calls get rejected on pressing power button so... (you will find hundreds of people with this problem if you search)

So you seem to be exceptionally lucky not having any support calls for ios & android. Or just check if your phone is down ?

My old Z10 on the other hand, updated to latest OS yesterday and till today I have seen zero bugs.
    Granted, it has only been 1 day so I may yet see a few bugs but all the essentials are perfectly fine including camera (i really hate it if the camera goes buggy since you find it out at the exact moment you needed the camera for something critical like scanning some document before giving it away..)

Guess, where I am putting my SIM when I don't have time to fiddle around ? 2 Year old Z10. While N5 & iPhone go in my drawer during office time.

Unfortunately, BB's image is taking such a downturn that sometimes i feel a little ashamed of whipping it out. (specially since Z10 & Z30's are selling for $150-$200 in India so the demographic of users is changing drastically and pulling the brand down). But as of date i find it still the most reliable and thoughtfully designed device/OS combination. Its just the dearth of new nice handsets. Probably they should license Samsung or LG to make some BB10 devices. Those guys are pretty good at launching a hundred variants and then going with the successful ones..

Sorry for the long rant, guess I am just pissed off with my 2 recent purchases of N5 & iP turning out duds...
    bungaboy and Aju like this.
    02-20-15 11:14 PM
    Probably they should license Samsung or LG to make some BB10 devices.
    No one is interested in making devices running BB10, even if it comes for free.

My Nexus 5 runs Lollipop flawlessly. The OS is years ahead in capabilities compared to BB10. Don't like the default look? Just change it. Can you do the same on BB10? Good luck. All BlackBerry is trying to do with 10.3.1 update is to copy Android and iOS functions and looks. The resulting UI is a complete mess of different styles, shapes and colors. Remove Android Runtime and BB10 market share will drop to 0.1% in just few months. Who works on the OS? Smartphones need apps. BB10 ecosystem is dead.
    02-20-15 11:29 PM
    Ooooookay. .. I've been dealing with customers all day with problems from the update. However I have a developer apple account and a Nexus 5 that had no problems, not a one, with iOS 7/8/lollipop rollouts. Not on an iPad Air, iPhone 5S, iPod touch 5...

Tapatalked from my iPhone 6+ primary line, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.
    To be fair, there are lots of issues on iOS 8. I haven't tried Lollipop yet, but I've heard it's worse than iOS 8. I still don't agree with the OP.
    02-20-15 11:56 PM
    On the plus side we are short staffed and I'm working with full on pneumonia and a 104 degree fever so it gave me an excuse to sit and try to fix stuff while wishing I was dead. Lol
    Go home!
    reeneebob and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-20-15 11:58 PM

Hmmm...

Posted from an ME173X
    ....and my wife's Android locked up on the way to the airport for a vacation. Good thing my BBOS6 Torch worked.

First tech was clueless. Luckily, we got disconnected and tech #2 was stellar. Still had to go through some voodoo to get it working again.

Point being there's gonna be bugs (big & small) regardless of the system, which will affect some users.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2072
    02-21-15 12:25 AM
    ....and my wife's Android locked up on the way to the airport for a vacation. Good thing my BBOS6 Torch worked.

First tech was clueless. Luckily, we got disconnected and tech #2 was stellar. Still had to go through some voodoo to get it working again.

Point being there's gonna be bugs (big & small) regardless of the system, which will affect some users.

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.1.2072
    Yup got that. Just couldn't understand his logic in pointing out that updating a phone OTA isn't a smart thing to do. That's quite the norm these days.

Posted from a D618
    02-21-15 01:56 AM
304 1234 ...