I am considering moving from iOS to Blackberry (having never used a Blackberry) because I like the idea of the Hub for managing all messaging in one place. Could someone tell me is WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are handled correctly by the Hub, in particular,

- Do incoming messages appear in the Hub
    - Does it display Delivered / Read status correctly
    - Does it display image attachments
    - Does it sync correctly with the relevant server (e.g. if read in Hub, will be read on WhatsApp or Facebook messenger app)
    - Can you compose from Hub using these services
    - Can other third party apps like Path display notifications via the Hub

Thanks!

Ed
    03-23-15 11:29 AM
    Received Whatsapp messages do appear in the hub, when you click on them it opens Whatsapps conversation view,
    Delivered Status is the same as any platform, you get those little ticks next to the message in the Hub,
    It does Sync on Whatsapp, don't use the FB App myself so can't comment,
    You can compose from the Hub,
    Both Native and Android Apps can display notifications in the Hub,
    As far as I know, it does display Image attachments, for Whatsapp
    03-23-15 11:36 AM
    I am considering moving from iOS to Blackberry (having never used a Blackberry) because I like the idea of the Hub for managing all messaging in one place. Could someone tell me is WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger are handled correctly by the Hub, in particular,
    - Do incoming messages appear in the Hub > YES
    - Does it display Delivered / Read status correctly > YES
    - Does it display image attachments > YES
    - Does it sync correctly with the relevant server (e.g. if read in Hub, will be read on WhatsApp or Facebook messenger app) > YES
    - Can you compose from Hub using these services > YES
    - Can other third party apps like Path display notifications via the Hub > meh, no guarantees

03-23-15 12:32 PM
    Facebook is integrated into the Hub... kind of. Messages appear there and you can reply, but the font is very tiny and you have no option to change it.
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-23-15 12:57 PM
    Pandora from the Amazon app store displays the current song in the hub.

So, I think something like path would have notifications there. I have no idea what Path is though.

So I think native android apps using Android notifications, in general, get a nod from the hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 01:11 PM
    Facebook is integrated into the Hub... kind of. Messages appear there and you can reply, but the font is very tiny and you have no option to change it.
    ?

I have no problem with the Facebook private message font on my z10. It's all in the hub. It works great. You can also post to your timeline via the hub.

Posted via CB10
    Thorsten Heinsight likes this.
    03-23-15 01:21 PM
    I would describe Facebook as fully integrated, not kind of; I have no issues with it.
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-23-15 01:32 PM
    I would describe Facebook as fully integrated, not kind of; I have no issues with it.
    I have to agree with this. The native Facebook interface probably does 99% of what you would want it to do. I think some here would say that it does it better. And I think it is all HTML5 driven.

The Hub portion does exactly what you would think and does it well.
    03-23-15 02:36 PM
    I have no problem with the Facebook private message font on my z10.
    The fact you have no problem doesn't mean you can change the font size there. It's all the same tiny font no matter what system font size setting is. Font size control in BB10 is still somewhere on 2005. Font type options coming in 2025.
    03-23-15 02:37 PM
    There's no Facebook Messenger for BlackBerry 10, you should consider that.
    03-23-15 03:00 PM
    I have to say I didn't really "get" the hub at first. It looked like just all your email accounts in one place, plus BBM. But as apps started using the hub, I found it to be very useful.

The hub can get busy, which is why they added the priority hub.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 03:00 PM
    There's no Facebook Messenger for BlackBerry 10, you should consider that.
    ? Huh. Isn't that the person to person messaging?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 03:18 AM
    You don't need Facebook messenger app the hub does the same job as that. I find it very useful.

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    03-24-15 03:54 AM
    Just to add to the list:

Kik messages get a notification in the Hub. Clicking on it opens Kik. Not a fully functional set up but I think it's cool that an unofficial Android app has some interaction with the Hub.

Z30 STA100-2. 10.3.1.747
    03-24-15 04:40 AM
    You don't need Facebook messenger app the hub does the same job as that. I find it very useful.

Posted via CB10
    Ya, that's what I thought. You don't need a standalone app. The Hub integrates into Facebook regarding "Facebook messaging" as soon as you set up your Facebook account in BB10.
    03-24-15 08:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Right why would you need Facebook messenger when you can receive and reply to all ur msges thru hub would someone plz explain that lol

Posted via cb10 Www.youtube.com/spookyentertainment
    03-24-15 08:48 AM
    Why wouldn't it also be hub integrated?

Anyway, I'm just pointing out that BlackBerry's implementation is the one before FB messenger existed. FB Messenger is more responsive, more feature packed, has a more updated UI and is also faster at delivering messages.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 03-24-15 at 01:12 PM.
    03-24-15 09:04 AM