I've heard the 9900 is amazing. My step dad had one for work for a few years and he really liked it.
    It is amazing! The fact that I can still use it as my one and only daily driver in 2020? Wow!

Web browsing is a sore point for me, but everything else...there are still many things that I can do faster and simpler on the 9900. It's that trackpad...

It's not a perfect device these days but not bad for my use.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-20 07:11 PM
    Web browsing is a sore point for me
    I always thought that it would be the web browsing that would get me, but it's actually problems with downloading podcast episodes (due to certificates/https) that are making me consider a change.

Right now, I download on my laptop and transfer... but it's a bit annoying.
    03-06-20 10:26 PM
    I always thought that it would be the web browsing that would get me, but it's actually problems with downloading podcast episodes (due to certificates/https) that are making me consider a change.

Originally suggested bPod but then realized this was about the 9900 and thus a BBOS device, not BB10.

I seem to remember some apps that worked for podcasts on BBOS too...
    03-06-20 10:56 PM
    Originally Posted by Shuswap

Originally suggested bPod but then realized this was about the 9900 and thus a BBOS device, not BB10.

I seem to remember some apps that worked for podcasts on BBOS too...
    I have podtrapper. I've also added rss feeds to Opera Mini, which worked for a while as a downloader. But the issue isn't the apps anymore. The device is having more and more problems with security protocols and certificates. A lot of podcasts are starting to use https feeds and the Bold is having difficulty with them.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Forums v1.3.3.
    03-07-20 03:23 PM
    Well guys, I got my Q10 and have been using it for a few days. I really like it so far, although, I don't find BBOS 10 all that intuitive. That being said, I also think that the entire device (OS and all) feel SO MUCH better than I expected. BBOS 10 feels super professional and I'm really digging the hardware too. I'm only having 2 issues with the device: I keep getting a notification to finish setup after I already did (I think) and my cardDAV server won't fully sync with the device (I only get about 25 contacts out of 220 and I waited a few days, still no more synced). Other than that, this device does everything I could ever need! Thanks everyone for the help.
    03-07-20 04:28 PM
    Well guys, I got my Q10 and have been using it for a few days. I really like it so far, although, I don't find BBOS 10 all that intuitive. That being said, I also think that the entire device (OS and all) feel SO MUCH better than I expected. BBOS 10 feels super professional and I'm really digging the hardware too. I'm only having 2 issues with the device: I keep getting a notification to finish setup after I already did (I think) and my cardDAV server won't fully sync with the device (I only get about 25 contacts out of 220 and I waited a few days, still no more synced). Other than that, this device does everything I could ever need! Thanks everyone for the help.
    Let me guess......Gmail contacts?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    03-07-20 08:47 PM
    Let me guess......Gmail contacts?

Hammered out on my Precious Passport.
    Nope, I use Posteo
    03-07-20 08:49 PM
    Ya.... sometimes those finish setup notifications linger on longer than they should.
    Q10SQN100-1/10.3.3.3216

Posted via CB10
    03-08-20 08:47 PM
    (I only get about 25 contacts out of 220 and I waited a few days, still no more synced). Other than that, this device does everything I could ever need! Thanks everyone for the help.
    I had the same issue, but in my case it turned out to be user error. Make sure you know the difference between your LOCAL CONTACTS and the CONTACTS of your Synced Account.

In your contacts list, press the bottom left button on your screen and you will see what I mean.

You can SELECTIVELY display both accounts OR by default the device shows you both and does not tell you which one is which.

At least that was my problem.

I can't explain how to go from here. It is sort of complicated, but with this hint you may figure it out. Of course only IF your issue is the same user related as in my case.
    03-13-20 12:14 AM
    Like you I came to BB10 from Palm Pre phones, I even developed and published apps for WebOS back then. Still have the broken pre and touchpads in my store room. I am currently using bb passport daily. The blackberry hub is the best thing ever invented for a phone to be honest. Anyway, for your usage just get the q10 or classic will do.

Posted via CB10
    NuclearKev likes this.
    03-13-20 05:54 AM
    As things stand now, I would think the most sensible route for the best BB10 experience can only be the Passport.
    03-13-20 01:26 PM
    As things stand now, I would think the most sensible route for the best BB10 experience can only be the Passport.
    Unless you’re on AT&T or VZW for necessary coverage...
    03-13-20 03:12 PM
    I had the same issue, but in my case it turned out to be user error. Make sure you know the difference between your LOCAL CONTACTS and the CONTACTS of your Synced Account.

In your contacts list, press the bottom left button on your screen and you will see what I mean.

You can SELECTIVELY display both accounts OR by default the device shows you both and does not tell you which one is which.

At least that was my problem.

I can't explain how to go from here. It is sort of complicated, but with this hint you may figure it out. Of course only IF your issue is the same user related as in my case.
    Sorry for the late reply, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I just downloaded the entire collect and imported them in. Loving my experience so far!
    03-18-20 02:45 PM
    It's too late! Don't do it!
    03-21-20 09:50 AM
64 123