I do not play any games on my Z10 and the battery has been killing me........so I'm really thinking of switching to a Q10 because of its battery life. What's your opinion????

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 04:12 PM
    Moved out of Verizon sub-forum to BB10 OS Forum so more members see your question.
    Didn't go for Z10 or Q10 Forums to avoid bias.

If you played a lot of games, I'd avoid Q10 since some might not be available on the Q screen size.
    Since you don't, it might be a good move.

FYI, the upcoming Z30 will feature a significantly larger battery with OLED screen like Q10. Mentioning in case larger 5" screen interests you. If not, go for that Q10!
    09-12-13 06:22 PM
    I can't, for the life of me, fathom why anyone would own a Z10. If I were to have a touchscreen phone, there is no doubt in my mind that I would using an iPhone (or *maybe* an Android, but I don't really like them). Why on earth would I get a Z10?

So, yes, the Q is much better.

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 06:27 PM
    I own both devices, I love them quite equally The Q Is a fantastic choice, the keyboard is totally delicious and built for speed. The screen is plenty big and swiping about the UI feels wonderfully natural. Only drawback is fewer apps per page but really it doesn't bother me. I run a stock Q with MR update. It's my choice device for my business dealings as well as the perfect out for the night phone. As far as my Z? Well look at ma signature....shes supercharged

Lilly's hand stitched Frankenstein Z10 powered by OS 10.2 .1.200
    DonBarradas likes this.
    09-12-13 10:07 PM
    The Q10 is the best "get work done" phone, IMO. I loved my Z10, but switched to the Q10 as soon as it was released and have never regretted it. The keyboard is phenomenal and the battery life is awesome.

@dunaway - Posted with TMO Q10 via CB10
    09-12-13 11:28 PM
    Q10 is an excellent smartphone. Its not so much a play toy for games or watching movies so if that's what you want from your phone then stick with the Z. The physical keyboard is amazing compared to touch typing, something that I forgot until I picked up a Q10. I get 2 days of battery life with moderate to heavy use (wifi, bluetooth on).

tl;dr: Q10 is a phenomenal phone to get stuff done.
    09-13-13 07:45 AM
    I own both, I started with the Z because I came from an IPhone. I just got my Q and I must say I'm very happy with it. The battery life is a lot better than on Z. I'm still getting used to the KB but I haven't been on a physical keyboard in years.

Posted via CB10
    09-13-13 07:54 AM
    I want both, so why not a Torch like Z10?
    09-13-13 08:47 AM
    I have both as well, using the Q10 for my work everyday is amazing with emails and texting. While browsing just type r and it displays the page in reader mode so you don't even need to touch the screen to read news or articles. Very efficient phone.

Z10 went to my wife and she is not a tech person so BBM videochat is enough for her to keep tabs on me. We use it in the camper to watch a movie if weather is not cooperating just pick an hdmi cable and done. Hope this helps.

Posted using my Q10 workhorse
    09-13-13 09:33 AM
    I can't, for the life of me, fathom why anyone would own a Z10. If I were to have a touchscreen phone, there is no doubt in my mind that I would using an iPhone (or *maybe* an Android, but I don't really like them). Why on earth would I get a Z10?

So, yes, the Q is much better.

Posted via CB10
    Many have. I would venture to say for every Q10 sold 3 Z10s were sold.

Had keyboard phones prior. 8330, 9650 etc. Wouldn't trade my Z10 for an old looking non-selling candy bar phone for anything.

I guess some folks like antiques.

Posted via a Verizon Z10. 10.2.0.1443
    09-15-13 02:42 AM
    Can you really give up the screen real estate? KB is almost as good as the Q

Fired from my Z10
    09-15-13 02:46 AM
    I recently bought my Q10 after having used the Z10 as my primary device for the last 4 months. All I can say is that once you get used to the keyboard and limited screen size it is a joy indeed. All you wanna do do is type all day (see this post...)

Posted via CB10
    nyzfinestdomini likes this.
    09-15-13 06:45 AM
    One of the things i have heard is that developers default to the Z0 when creating apps so the app selection is less on the Q than on the Z even considering native apps, and considering some android apps work on the z10 but not the Q10 then is furthers the app gap even between phones of the same OS. I've only demoed the Q10 and with type and go sent to the Z 10 with 10.1 then unless you really want a physical keyboard than my recommendation is the Z

Posted via BlackBerry Z10
    09-15-13 07:02 AM
    Q10 is the real deal if you are primarily a business user or communication junkie, the screen is a little small after coming off a Z10 or a larger screen goog or iphone 5 but for the most part i only notice the loss with Instagram sideload which does not provide a full view of pix, sideload Google Maps feels constrained but totally usable, occasionally with rss reader type situations i end up minimizing tiles when trying to scroll but all willingly accepted compromises for such a stunning keyboard.

I was sure that i would be upset about losing the track pad from my 9930 but after a day or two i didn't even notice it. BBOS10 is still working out kinks but any of the leaks, 2.0.1443 or later, seem to be make the os truly superior to competing offerings except for the few bugs with an occasional app like Skype, which i convinced MSFT has released only to pull it later to embarrass blackberry.
    09-15-13 07:18 AM
    It was the Q10 that tempted me back from the iPhone and it was the new IOS 7 that made me start looking in the first place. Like the person above said if I wanted a full screen device then I would still be with the iPhone but the keyboard just does it for me.

If your a Serious business user who needs to rattle out a few large emails during the day and make a fair few phone calls then the Q10 keyboard and battery certainly measure up to what you need. I still miss the odd app from my iphone but not enough to make me go running back to it.

Switch over you will love it for sure.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 08:05 AM
    Haven't had the q10 but I have had the z10 and the q5 currently. The z10 is nice but for that form factor it's so hard to use vs an iPhone or comparable android slab phone.

The q5/10 remind me of the old blackberry days minus the fact you had to sacrifice so much on the user experience to get a good keyboard and battery life.

I'd say get the q10!

Posted via CB10
    09-15-13 03:18 PM