So i'm thinking of installing the newest leak but I don't know much about it. Firstly, when I install it will everything on my phone be deleted or will it just be like updating to the official software? I don't want to go through and reinstall everything just so I can get a new os update. And is there a program I use to install the leak? If so what is it?

Posted via CB10
    09-11-13 03:10 PM
    The auto-loader will wipe your phone. Afterwards -- your phone will only have the fresh OS image -- no settings or accounts or apps. You should FULL back up FIRST using BB Link. Then restore only the settings, and then re-install apps from BlackBerry World.

You're also going to need to re-enter your email account passwords. And if you use Evernote -- that account will need to be deleted and added back again.

You can also restore apps, but in my opinion you are better off just re-installing.

Also some folks prefer to do a full device wipe after the leaked OS install -- probably also a good idea.

Here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-843903/

That leak won't work on the Z10 STL100-1. Not sure what you have. If it's that - then there's a later leak only for that model -- .15xx or something. Look under the Leaked OS area in the forum and you'll see it.
    Last edited by southlander; 09-11-13 at 03:23 PM.
    09-11-13 03:13 PM
    So i'm thinking of installing the newest leak but I don't know much about it. Firstly, when I install it will everything on my phone be deleted or will it just be like updating to the official software? I don't want to go through and reinstall everything just so I can get a new os update. And is there a program I use to install the leak? If so what is it?

Posted via CB10

1. Yes, It will erase everything
    2.The leak includes exe file .. you need a windows pc to open it
    09-11-13 03:13 PM
    In two of my leak installs, 1047 and 1443, i permanently lost my texts. Not a huge deal but download a txt back up program if these are important to you. Also be careful with passwordkeeper if you use it. Back Up. Do the full security wipe and then after your restore do a hard restart, prior to installing the unlocked Android runtime. Restore PIM stuff and email from the servers.

See this thread regarding the txt issues http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...re-fix-845847/. Might help.

If you have sideloaded android apps do them after everything has re-built, it takes some patience but worth it.
    09-11-13 05:54 PM
    I don't mind losing everything temporarily. I can just reload it but when 10.2 is officially released how do you go about switching to that from the leaked software? Do you do a factory reset?
    09-11-13 06:54 PM
    You wont have to worry because the newer builds of the Official OS should be higher than the ones being leaked and tested now. So you should be able to update your phone using normal update methods. Also note that you should restore your sideloads and then your data from the backup this way you wont lose any save data such as games.
    09-11-13 09:46 PM

Posted via CB10
    #1- use 7zip, a free download to use the autoloader to install leaks.
    #2- yes you have to set up phone again like when you took it out of the box.
    #3- yes everything is deleted.

Trusted Member
    09-12-13 06:21 AM
    The auto-loader will wipe your phone. Afterwards -- your phone will only have the fresh OS image -- no settings or accounts or apps. You should FULL back up FIRST using BB Link. Then restore only the settings, and then re-install apps from BlackBerry World.

You're also going to need to re-enter your email account passwords. And if you use Evernote -- that account will need to be deleted and added back again.

You can also restore apps, but in my opinion you are better off just re-installing.

Also some folks prefer to do a full device wipe after the leaked OS install -- probably also a good idea.

Here you go:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...r100-x-843903/

That leak won't work on the Z10 STL100-1. Not sure what you have. If it's that - then there's a later leak only for that model -- .15xx or something. Look under the Leaked OS area in the forum and you'll see it.
    Wait a second, I backed up my app data and I got my apps back including real racing 3 and it did not install a thing once booted
    09-12-13 07:01 AM
    Awesome! Thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    09-12-13 08:51 AM
    Wait a second, I backed up my app data and I got my apps back including real racing 3 and it did not install a thing once booted
    Correct. You can restore app data. I just don't due to all the issues reported on various leaks. Plus I don't really have any app data I care to save. Nor do I mind installing my apps again.

But yes anyone can try restoring everything.

Z10STL100-4/10.2.0.1443
    UnlimitedEra likes this.
    09-14-13 01:54 AM