06-13-15 05:31 AM
69 123
tools
    I go back and forth between a Nexus 5 and a Z30. I have Cataclysm ROM (highly recommend, close to stock and some really awesome features including app ops) and Franco kernel. This was the only way I could get decent battery life comparable to my Z30.

Fast phone, great camera with OIS and RAW. Nice screen. Built in step counter. Wireless charging Lots of great features in Lollipop. Google spying is not an issue for me. I get lots of email and find Google Inbox is much faster at processing messages. What I miss from the Z30 is sound quality, micro SD and HDMI port, and of course the keyboard and superior word suggestions. The Z30 doesn't feel cheap to hold, either.

It took a while to find apps that worked well for me and didn't kill the battery. This was a pain.

I debated getting an OPO but reading about defective phones and horrible customer service nixed it. I got the N5 on a carrier promotion for a net cost of $150 CAD so I can't complain. :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by randomroyalty; 04-24-15 at 09:47 AM.
    04-24-15 08:51 AM
    I debated getting an OPO but reading about defective phones and horrible customer service nixed it.
    These are legitimate concerns, although I've been lucky and haven't had any defects, apart from a software glitch that they should have caught before sending the unit out. It was easily fixed, however.

If I didn't have the Passport to depend on, I wouldn't have risked buying the OPO, for exactly the reasons you stated.
    04-24-15 09:10 AM
    I go back and forth between a Nexus 5 and a Z30. I have Cataclysm ROM (night recommend, close to stock and some really awesome features including app ops) and Franco kernel. This was the only way I could get decent battery life comparable to my Z30.

Fast phone, great camera with OIS and RAW. Nice screen. Built in step counter. Lots of great features in Lollipop. Google spying is not an issue for me. I get lots of email and find Google Inbox is much faster at processing messages. What I miss from the Z30 is sound quality, micro SD and HDMI port, and of course the keyboard and superior word suggestions. The Z30 doesn't feel cheap to hold, either.

It took a while to find apps that worked well for me and didn't kill the battery. This was a pain.

I debated getting an OPO but reading about defective phones and horrible customer service nixed it. I got the N5 on a carrier promotion for a net cost of $150 CAD so I can't complain. :-)

The N5 is a great deal. The only issue I had with mine was battery life. I don't have that issue with my N6 on 5.1. But it wasn't a major issue for me on the N5. That was a really good device too.

04-24-15 09:25 AM
    I had N5 but then I bought Q10. So far I love both. Q10 serves mainly as communication while N5 do the rest. Both compliment each other.

Posted from kyuten
    04-24-15 09:35 AM
    This thread is a spin-off from my other thread regarding OS10.3

So far I'm leaning towards the LG Nexus 5 (Nexus 6 is outrageously too big)
    Does anyone have any input or experience with the device?

What are some of the Pros / Cons
    my brother owns the nexus 5 only problem is the battery is good for maybe 4 hours Z10 like for a moderate user.
    04-24-15 09:42 AM
    Interesting. I had never heard of the G2 before, after looking this one up I might go with this one.
    It has very good reviews
    let us know how you dig it if you do. i was looking into that phone as well... looks sexy. and double tap to turn on instead of swiping up... not a bad idea.
    04-24-15 10:24 AM
    The one plus is also a good phone

Posted via CB10
    It is is no doubt, but they are still made in the "basement" so when it works it is great, if not it may be all different ball game. I'd usually go for something that has guaranteed warranty and top support like ...Blackberry? :-)
    Otherwise you have tons of chinese phones that have great hardware but if support is needed ...hmmm
    04-24-15 10:40 AM
    However I like vanilla android experience on Nexus 5 and closest to that would be HTC One...But battery life and plasticy feel not as much.
    04-24-15 10:42 AM
    Nexus 5 was the best bang for the buck when it came out and probably still is.

Get a case and don't drop it because it will probably go splat.
    04-24-15 10:57 AM
    Phones are tools, and BlackBerries love multiple mail accounts, and a workaholic style of life. If your needs change, your phone needs to change too.

I'd recommend you a Moto X instead, but Nexuses are great machines, all of them.
    Yet you can only add up to 7 emails while IOS and Android let's you add as many as you want
    04-24-15 11:08 AM
    This thread is a spin-off from my other thread regarding OS10.3

So far I'm leaning towards the LG Nexus 5 (Nexus 6 is outrageously too big)
    Does anyone have any input or experience with the device?

What are some of the Pros / Cons
    try a droid site
    der_mit likes this.
    04-24-15 11:23 AM
    Thinking about ham alfredo for lunch... does anyone have any experience with it or do you recommend the turkey tetrazinni?
    04-24-15 12:37 PM
    Thinking about ham alfredo for lunch... does anyone have any experience with it or do you recommend the turkey tetrazinni?
    Steer clear of those dishes man, way to many calories. A safe bet is celery sticks and hummus.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:17 PM
    Why bother you'll be back, nothing compares to BB10

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 02:27 PM
    Tell you what OP, YOU decide instead of fishing on here and YOU come back and tell us all YOUR experience with another phone. Sorry it really winds me up when people come on here and bleat "I'm thinking of moving from BB". Just do it FFS and tell us you found something better, Rant over and sorry mods.
    04-24-15 02:38 PM
    I have the HTC One, love it, but it is not The Passport.
    04-24-15 02:59 PM
    I'd look at the 2014 Moto X 2nd gen. It's a baby Nexus 6. Compared to the Nexus 5, the Moto X looks better, has better specs, and better features.

You could also check out the Sony Xperia Z3 and HTC One M8, which have dropped in price since newer models have either been announced or released recently.

Bang for the buck, not many Android handsets can compare with the OnePlus One.
    04-24-15 02:59 PM
    Tell you what OP, YOU decide instead of fishing on here and YOU come back and tell us all YOUR experience with another phone. Sorry it really winds me up when people come on here and bleat "I'm thinking of moving from BB". Just do it FFS and tell us you found something better, Rant over and sorry mods.
    The point of this thread is to get the input of others who have experienced with other phones, so I can make the best decision. You my friend should just get out of here, thanks for the useless input and contributing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except for a smart *** comment.
    04-24-15 06:00 PM
    I'd look at the 2014 Moto X 2nd gen. It's a baby Nexus 6. Compared to the Nexus 5, the Moto X looks better, has better specs, and better features.

You could also check out the Sony Xperia Z3 and HTC One M8, which have dropped in price since newer models have either been announced or released recently.

Bang for the buck, not many Android handsets can compare with the OnePlus One.
    As a Moto X 2013 and 2014 owner - the X is a very smooth phone but its camera is average (compared to flagship phones) and its battery life is mediocre (same with the Nexus 5 and any stock Android phone). It is the stock Android trade-off to get a phone that doesn't have stutters.

However, I really like my Moto X and it gives you flagship specs for less than $500.

The Xperia Z3 is a great deal at $500 - the Z3 compact is an even better deal at $350-400.
    The HTC One M7 and M8 are both great deals - I have seem M7s for $250 and M8s for $425.

The OnePlusOne is the best cheap Android flagship phone that you can buy - but beware of their customer service because it still isn't great. They seem to have fixed the QC issues that plagued them last year.
    04-24-15 06:14 PM
    The device is great. Very popular. A lot of people have it.

I like Android just fine,

Posted via CB10
    Yes so did|do I. Used the nex5 for some time and the Samsung note3. I was always very challenged with the added bundled software; usually undeletable and very unnecessary. Good phone though.

Leave you with one thought. If you only want very unstoppably good communications: voice; messaging and scheduling together with ease of use - you'll be back LOL
    04-25-15 01:19 AM
    The point of this thread is to get the input of others who have experienced with other phones, so I can make the best decision. You my friend should just get out of here, thanks for the useless input and contributing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING except for a smart *** comment.
    You are most welcome my friend.
    der_mit likes this.
    04-25-15 02:44 AM
    As a Moto X 2013 and 2014 owner - the X is a very smooth phone but its camera is average (compared to flagship phones) and its battery life is mediocre (same with the Nexus 5 and any stock Android phone). It is the stock Android trade-off to get a phone that doesn't have stutters.

However, I really like my Moto X and it gives you flagship specs for less than $500.

The Xperia Z3 is a great deal at $500 - the Z3 compact is an even better deal at $350-400.
    The HTC One M7 and M8 are both great deals - I have seem M7s for $250 and M8s for $425.

The OnePlusOne is the best cheap Android flagship phone that you can buy - but beware of their customer service because it still isn't great. They seem to have fixed the QC issues that plagued them last year.
    The Nexus 6 has good battery life and is a stock android phone.

04-25-15 06:48 AM
    if android would be just android it would be fine, when i used the OPO for a about a month it was a great phone nice size, big screen, good battery, nice design but i just couldnt take google snooping around everything i did and linking me to people who they think i may know or not know so security was a concern for me.
    04-25-15 11:41 AM
    I have tried a few different phones. Including iPhone and Samsung. Frankly I don't think any of them could make me switch from my BlackBerry Z10.
    04-25-15 02:04 PM
    I never thought I'd leave BlackBerry but I did and so far the only thing I miss is the hub, I don't miss the random bugs, the random reboots nor anything. I'm using a galaxy 5 right now and it has very similar battery life to that of the q10. I strongly suggest Android as its really customizable and supposedly blackberry is going to bring the hub to other platforms anyway so package will be complete.

imirza likes this.
    04-25-15 02:08 PM
69 123