Where did you guys hear the hub might be available on android/ios? That would be cool
    imirza likes this.
    04-25-15 01:40 PM
    Where did you guys hear the hub might be available on android/ios? That would be cool
    BlackBerry wants to bring its secret sauce to iPhone, Android - CNET
    04-25-15 03:29 PM
    I think that would hurt blackberry more then help them. With the hub being made available to android and ios, of this was to happen people that love the hub but don't want to side load apps would then have a device that does everything. Enter ios or android

Posted via CB10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-25-15 05:46 PM
    I think that would hurt blackberry more then help them. With the hub being made available to android and ios, of this was to happen people that love the hub but don't want to side load apps would then have a device that does everything. Enter ios or android
    It may not matter if BlackBerry is planning to get out of the hardware business. This way at least we will still get a part of the BB experience, although on a different phone. I guess it's better than nothing!
    04-25-15 08:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Honestly the hardware division is not getting better any time soon until blackberry does something extraordinary that totally surpasses the competition and that's something that I don't see happening in the nearby future. The best they could is monetize their features by bringing them to different platforms

I'd totally buy the blackberry hub if it was available for Android, the only thing I left behind was BBM since they are totally half assing that app with channels included.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    04-25-15 09:57 PM
    I used to be a huge Android fan, when it was at 4.1.2, but I am liking the OS versions I see less and less. If I were to get one I'd flash a ROM I like on it. In terms of hardware the Notes 1-4 are the best but I also like what I see from LG/HTC. Then there's iOS which has excellent hardware and an excellent OS. Hell, even the battery is seemingly good. I prefer BB for now but if I were to switch, it'd be an iPhone 6+.
    04-26-15 10:07 AM
    04-26-15 11:14 AM
    It may not matter if BlackBerry is planning to get out of the hardware business. This way at least we will still get a part of the BB experience, although on a different phone. I guess it's better than nothing!
    i'd rather take nothing if all the choices i had were ios/android with hub.
    04-26-15 11:23 AM
    Not me, ios with a working hub.... that would be awesome
    imirza likes this.
    04-26-15 11:41 AM
    i'd rather take nothing if all the choices i had were ios/android with hub.
    Good luck becoming a caveman

04-26-15 06:24 PM
    Good luck becoming a caveman

nah, just a BlackBerry user. call us what you want
    04-26-15 09:20 PM
    Been running an LG G3 for the past 8 months rooted with everything Google uninstalled no Google no playstore no services no search. Most of the LG bloat removed also. Running 4.4.2. Regularly 4.5-5 hour sot. Screen is brilliant. Android doesn't mean Google unless you want it. Privacy is for the most part an illusion in this day and age but you can still have your phone your way.
    04-27-15 11:40 AM
    Been running an LG G3 for the past 8 months rooted with everything Google uninstalled no Google no playstore no services no search. Most of the LG bloat removed also. Running 4.4.2. Regularly 4.5-5 hour sot. Screen is brilliant. Android doesn't mean Google unless you want it. Privacy is for the most part an illusion in this day and age but you can still have your phone your way.
    question, so are you still able to save or view, say, your starred places on google maps without google svcs?
    04-28-15 12:03 AM
    But they should care deeply about the data mining

Posted via CB10
    04-28-15 12:41 AM
    I went ahead and purchased the Nexus 5 (which is almost 2 years old) but had a buddy who switched to that device from BB (he was also an avid BB user for a long time) and he can't stop raving. I'll keep you guys posted as to my opinion after using for a few days.
    04-29-15 11:25 AM
    Just purchased a moto X off contract for relatively cheap. First time at android so I don't want to waste my carrier upgrade. I'll see if i like it but friends that made the switch love android. The app situation is killing me. Even my native apps are running horrible. No new phone insight for me so I figured I'll give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 02:48 AM
    I went ahead and purchased the Nexus 5 (which is almost 2 years old) but had a buddy who switched to that device from BB (he was also an avid BB user for a long time) and he can't stop raving. I'll keep you guys posted as to my opinion after using for a few days.
    Congrats, even though it is 2 years old it is still a very good performer. I just installed Cyanogen 12 (nightly April 29) mainly because of its app security and privacy settings. Very impressed with performance and stability so far. Not sure if I can give up Google apps and play services and will need time to research alternatives... and as far as data mining goes, well all apps are collecting analytics, even on BB10.

It will be interesting to see how Cyanogen will take on Google in the future.

Still love my Z30...in many ways a superior device... e.g. great sound and I can put a ton of music on an SD card.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-15 08:03 AM
    question, so are you still able to save or view, say, your starred places on google maps without google svcs?
    Everything Google uninstalled means exactly that. No Google maps. Besides I don't need starred places etc, I already know where they are.
    06-12-15 05:12 PM
    I was an user of android for last 6 years, recently switched to BlackBerry. But thinking going back to android again.
    06-13-15 04:31 AM
69 123