Will regain some of the lost bbm friends
    Will also get some first timers on bbm
    Bbm video chat, with screen sharing
    More robust bbm games

We gain a uniform OS across Phones and Tablets, so the Apps for Playbook will see a large increase in quantity, just by virtue of being the same software as the phones.

@Kevin do you have information on whether the Playbook BB10 interface will differ from the Phone UI ? In its current state im not sure BB10 UI is as tablet friendly as PBOS 2.1
    Last edited by Qaxl; 10-17-12 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Question for Kevin, and Playbook Apps benefit added
    10-17-12 08:13 AM
    I'm going to miss apps like QuickLaunch that allow me to get straight to any apps, contacts, tasks, and memos (and more) from any screen with just the push of one button.
    mzceetee likes this.
    10-18-12 04:19 PM
    The learning curve won't be as bad as people think. The Playbook has showed this. After all, how many Playbook owners who use OS7 devices have tried to swipe their OS 7 devices? Swipe is the key - especially on the BB10 keyboard.
    O man it's ugly when I pick up an iPad or iPhone, I'm always trying to swipe gesture....Takes me about 3 seconds to realize I have to hit the pysical homescreen button b/c I'm not looking at a Playbook. the Playbook gestures are really intuitive.
    Qaxl and kbz1960 like this.
    10-21-12 12:14 PM
    O man it's ugly when I pick up an iPad or iPhone, I'm always trying to swipe gesture....Takes me about 3 seconds to realize I have to hit the pysical homescreen button b/c I'm not looking at a Playbook. the Playbook gestures are really intuitive.
    +1
    10-21-12 12:26 PM
    I'll miss 3rd party apps that work with the native PIM apps like Pocket Informant that make BlackBerry more productive than other smartphones.
    10-21-12 07:47 PM
    I'm most concerned about losing deep enterprise integration. I don't know to what extent some of the advanced features in BB OS7 will be lost. If enterprise integration turns out to be just on par with iOS and Android, then what's the point? My list of concerns are in the following post. Perhaps some of you with dev devices could confirm or deny existence in BB10.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...bb-os7-734696/
    Check out the BB10 NDK and search "distributed ".....you'll be quite surprised as to what is capable

https://developer.blackberry.com/nat...anetwork.html:)
    Last edited by missing_K-W; 10-22-12 at 12:00 AM.
    10-21-12 11:41 PM
    Unfortunately,as a long time Blackberry user, moving to a whole new platform ,,,relearning to the new from the old.. Change can become difficult to accept from years of the platform we all grew to love and hate relationship,right now I am going to enjoy my Torch and reminiscent cheering sunniness of the pass years OS's....until the release of BlackBerry 10 arrival....
    10-24-12 01:17 PM
    How long will OS 7 be supported by RIM? Because of the gains/losses I will stay with my 9930 until I have no choice but to change. RIM is trying to survive by offering a product that attracts others; I can see their point. Once/If they get reestablished, some of the losses may reappear on future products....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-24-12 08:52 PM
    How long will OS 7 be supported by RIM? Because of the gains/losses I will stay with my 9930 until I have no choice but to change. RIM is trying to survive by offering a product that attracts others; I can see their point. Once/If they get reestablished, some of the losses may reappear on future products....

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    Depends on what supported means. By my definition I'd say years. That being minor revisions that have security patches and bug fixes.

Sent from my flip-phone.
    10-24-12 08:54 PM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/develo....0_Beta-en.pdf

This BB10 Dev PDF(courtesy of N4BB forums) suggest developers to implement keyboard shortcuts on there apps for "physical keyboards". So with that being said, if they insist devs to do it why wouldn't they use them on their native apps. Things We'll Gain (and Lose?) in BlackBerry 10-bb10devpdf.pngThings We'll Gain (and Lose?) in BlackBerry 10-bb10devpdf2.pngThings We'll Gain (and Lose?) in BlackBerry 10-bb10pdf.pngThings We'll Gain (and Lose?) in BlackBerry 10-bb10pdf2.pngThings We'll Gain (and Lose?) in BlackBerry 10-bb10pdf3.png
    Qaxl likes this.
    10-25-12 12:01 AM
    http://docs.blackberry.com/en/develo....0_Beta-en.pdf

This BB10 Dev PDF(courtesy of N4BB forums) suggest developers to implement keyboard shortcuts on there apps for "physical keyboards". So with that being said, if they insist devs to do it why wouldn't they use them on their native apps. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10devpdf.PNG 
Views:	10 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	123790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10devpdf2.PNG 
Views:	14 
Size:	34.2 KB 
ID:	123791Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10pdf.PNG 
Views:	9 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	123792Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10pdf2.PNG 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	123793Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bb10pdf3.PNG 
Size:	33.2 KB 
ID:	123794
    Reading that made me all warm and fuzzy inside ... Hello N-Series !!!!!!
    10-26-12 12:27 AM
    would voice while browsing be in the future??? or have i missed something somewhere???
    10-28-12 06:23 PM
    would voice while browsing be in the future??? or have i missed something somewhere???
    There are currently 3rd party devs developing apps for speach. Google for results
    10-28-12 07:02 PM
    There are currently 3rd party devs developing apps for speach. Google for results
    is this being dev'd for BB that will be part of BB10, or will this be something that needs to be downloaded from Appworld & installed??? i'd figure this to be @ the top of the list as it's already prevalent elsewhere,,, Vlingo is cool, but i want to speak & surf & not get the "you must finish your call before opening browser"...
    10-28-12 10:47 PM
    Let me start off by saying I'm not one of those people who bought a BlackBerry for BBM solely
    so there's a couple of features my bold 9900 has that are very important to me personally and a few others. I wish I will have them since launch when making the transition to BB10.
    These are what I call the BlackBerry traditional features :

BlackBerry Traffic
    BlackBerry Protect
    Tasks
    Memopad
    Custom ringtones
    Media Server
    Bedside Mode
    Docs to Go preinstalled
    Social Feeds
    Universal Search
    Mobile Hotspot
    Remote control (can be expended to PCs and other tablets)
    Fonts
    BrickBreaker
    And Most importantly Password Keeper which is the most useful app in my opinion. I don't want to use another third-party app because I trust BlackBerry's security more.

Sorry for my English
    11-04-12 08:52 AM
    I have a feeling that I'll lose a lot of money when BB10 arrives. Around 650-700 dollars perhaps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9220 using Tapatalk
    11-04-12 09:16 AM
41 12