Hi folks, as the title suggests really... the good outweigh the (slight) niggles but a couple of things really hack me off about 10os...

1. When you have an app minimised, you tap to re-open it and you accidently hit the X in the corner. Then you have to try and find where you were, usually reading something before you were interrupted by a text.

2. The lack of green LED flash. Can't honestly believe BlackBerry ditched the stereotypical green flash when in signal and no alerts. Did someone mention it's back with 10.3?

3. More of a touchscreen issue with my Z10 but accidently catching the 'send' button when going for an m or n... i've sent a few texts that don't make sense until followed up with a 'sorry, damn phone' text

4. Similar thing to the above but every so often, my keyboard loses it completely. It'll type about 10 random letters for my one typed... have to shut down the app I'm using and start again.

Anyone else have any gripes? I would never change as love the blackberry system, but little things get my goat on occasions

Posted via CB10
    keddypa likes this.
    02-17-15 12:09 PM
    Seems like you're having fat fingers. Lol. How possibly can you close an app when trying to maximize it?? That NEVER happened to me. As for keyboard... try using android keyboard for some time and come back to bbry... will see what you say then. Lol

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    02-17-15 12:25 PM
    Yeah to be fair, you're not far wrong with the 'fat fingers' thing. Being a blackberry fan for years (Pearl, Bold, Torch, Curve) I was reluctant to go for touchscreen as was used to the physical keyboard. It took me months to adjust to the touchscreen and over a year on, maybe I'm not yet fully adjusted!

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 12:44 PM
    Maybe Passport would be better for you?

With the way the smartphone market is going right now, you either adjust to touchscreen or hope that bbry will still be making physical keyboard phones... or one day there will be electrodes that you attach to your forehead developed and this whole issue is gone altogether. Lol

02-17-15 12:49 PM
    Having to close a PDF file that you opened from the browser if you want to read something up then tell someone, you have to go back and fourth all the time.

Random Apps which have Landscape support, Many times I've had the phone on its side on the Home screen, opened Hub by accident then have to mess around getting it back to Portrait
    gariac likes this.
    02-17-15 12:51 PM
    Things that annoy you about 10os:

2. Calender
    3. Inability to uninstall crap apps.
    4. Inability to keep FB/Twitter (any other social app) contacts completely out of the Contacts app.
    5. Incoming Call screen. I want to be able to answer call after swirling my finger around in circles
    6. Remember app. It needs to remember what I think it should remember, not what I explicitly tell it to.
    7. Email. I don't get any except for CB notifications, and bill reminders. It should create pleasant mails about kittens and dragons.
    paulwallace1234 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-17-15 12:52 PM
    Things that annoy you about 10os:

2. Calender
    4. Inability to keep FB/Twitter (any other social app) contacts completely out of the Contacts app.
    5. Incoming Call screen. I want to be able to answer call after swirling my finger around in circles
    6. Remember app. It needs to remember what I think it should remember, not what I explicitly tell it to.
    7. Email. I don't get any except for CB notifications, and bill reminders. It should create pleasant mails about kittens and dragons.
    Much like Mr Sheldon Cooper PhD, I have an issue getting the hang of the sarcasm concept... Did I get it right this time? Lol

02-17-15 01:01 PM
    8. Timely os updates. IOS 8 and Android 5.0 has been out how long?

Posted via CB10
    oberkfell likes this.
    02-17-15 01:20 PM
    Yeah thought I'd steer clear of mentioning the 10.3 update in case of ruffling feathers...

As for passport? Not sure I see the appeal. Obviously never played with one and although seen real good feedback on here, I'm liking the z10'ness and going to be investing in a 30 very soon. Not sure I could get used to a landscape screen and buttons again. Before I had my z10 was going to go for a q10 but managed to get a good deal on this one so have adapted. Bit of a stubborn stick in the mud I am haha

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 01:26 PM
    8. Timely os updates. IOS 8 and Android 5.0 has been out how long?

Posted via CB10
    Don't even start that. Apparently there is not enough times we can repeat that OS update IS NOT LATE OR DELAYED. It's amazing how some can turn anything into moaning about alleged 10.3.1 delay or another release rumour...

wincyUt likes this.
    02-17-15 01:31 PM
    Yeah thought I'd steer clear of mentioning the 10.3 update in case of ruffling feathers...

As for passport? Not sure I see the appeal. Obviously never played with one and although seen real good feedback on here, I'm liking the z10'ness and going to be investing in a 30 very soon. Not sure I could get used to a landscape screen and buttons again. Before I had my z10 was going to go for a q10 but managed to get a good deal on this one so have adapted. Bit of a stubborn stick in the mud I am haha

Posted via CB10
    Same here... Passport doesn't appeal to me at all... Had it in my hand, it's too big and inconvenient (I repeat - for me). As for Z30 - more or less the same thing. I like the compactness (is that even a word?) of Z10, fits my palm perfectly, etc...

02-17-15 01:34 PM
    Google Play Services stub. I totally get why they don't bundle it, but there is no reason to go to such lengths to prevent people installing Google Play Services themselves

Posted via CB10
    oberkfell likes this.
    02-17-15 01:36 PM
    Search the forum, there are ways to do it...

02-17-15 01:40 PM
    Nice. Specially point 4.

�Forcing developers to make their own emoji keyboards (let me remind you emoji is a worldwide standard, and it's been 2 years since BB10 was released).

�Forcing developers to implement a "clear cache" function, when they could've integrated it with the device monitor, like they did with android.

�No proper UI scaling when going below or past a certain font size. I like my letters tiny and my UI as small.

�Inability to remove carrier bloatware/stop it from pushing.

�No OS update straight from BlackBerry.

�Enforcing social network contacts integration with the OS.

�No backup over WIFI at home.

�No cloud backup (?). Even a reminiscent to BBOS' implementation of Protect would be nice, backing up the basic with small file sizes like contacts, calendar, sms, settings, etc. No apps or media.

�No option to leave my mobile hotspot unsecured (it was actually removed. could be carrier related, but I don't think so).

�Allow for compression on the video editor or have the option to record in lower resolutions.

�Clear cache from native media apps. It's gone stupid on me twice already, and the only way to fix improperly tagged/missing/ghost files is formatting the media card.

�Standby battery drain. It's the worst OS in that regard out of all I've tried.

�"Third party" apps developed by BlackBerry are complete garbage. The could services have ridiculous size and speed limitations, and the social networking apps are downright horrific.
    I'll just edit this for when I think of more gripes.
    Last edited by FrankIAm; 02-17-15 at 01:56 PM.
    02-17-15 01:43 PM
    02-17-15 03:12 PM
    1. Beside mode no longer starts automatically based on time and power. Now you must manually engage it each and every night.
    2. Holster profiles no longer native.
    3. No way to vibrate THEN ring.(like BBOS) You must alter your own ring tone by inserting 10 seconds of space then reloading the file.
    3. Absolutely no way to get to the apps tray screen without more than one step if you are already in an app.
    4. No way to assign commonly used apps just one click away at all times (like BBOS, or Android, or IOS)
    5. No way to have popups unless the device screen is already on. If not, you see no popup and must reach for the phone. (unlike BBOS, or Android, or IOS).
    6. No info bar at the top of the screen to give basic information if you are in an app, unlike Android and parts of BBOS and IOS.
    7. Active Frames take up their own screen instead of just co-existing with shortcuts on same screen.
    8. Takes 3 times longer to open emails than it did on BBOS as you have to watch a cute little animation that gets old after the first 2 minutes of owning your phone. Yes, I get it....you can slide the email over from the right. I don't care. Just open it instantly the moment I touch it. I didn't by my phone to watch animations, otherwise I'd own an Iphone.
    9. Active frames clutter up the screen even if it's not for an actual app. Just turned on your WIFI by using the drop down menu? Great, now you've got an active frame sitting there even though you never clicked on any app icon and didn't actually open and app. Just did something with your phone? Now you've got an active frame so you can quickly go back to it.....which would be fine except for the fact that you ALREADY have a phone icon on that same screen ALL THE TIME. Just did a search? Same problem. How about just used the camera? Yep, more clutter even though phone, search and camera icons live 24/7 at the bottom of the screen. But can I put the apps I USE OFTEN there? NOPE. Gotta swipe twice, or if I'm lucky I have a keyboard that I can assign.
    02-17-15 05:00 PM
    A few things would be nice:

1) The ability to choose whether or not the OS opens to the minimised frames window or App pane #1

2) A solid reliable version of Link.

3) All websites give an 'icon' when saving a bookmark to the home screen.

I think the so-called 'App-gap' is overblown, and I'm not saying that as a BlackBerry fan boy. In most cases apps are just repackaged web content. The removal of the CBC news app, and N4BB apps highlights my point here. They discontinued the apps, but if you save either bookmark to your home screen you get a nice app-like icon on the home screen, and a mobile web experience that to me is actually better than the app. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but BlackBerry's ability to save bookmarks to the home screen is really an under rated feature. On my PC, I never had a news app, I just bookmark the sites! If bookmarking mobile sites always gave you an icon for the bookmark (instead of a minimized screenshot like Rotten Tomatoes does), I could see myself using a lot more bookmarks on my home screen, and not even bothering to look for most apps. I guess that's also a testament to BB10 having a good mobile browsing experience.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by slegros; 02-17-15 at 05:19 PM.
    02-17-15 05:02 PM
    I haven't really experienced any of those problems. I had a couple small problems with 10.2.1 but since i moved up to 10.3.1, I've been much happier
    02-17-15 05:42 PM
    one thing that really annoys me to no end is trying to send a video thru text or email and anything over 10 secs is too big, but my brother in Ont who is also on the Bell network, as I am, can send me a 45 second video with his IPhone.
    02-17-15 05:55 PM
    When you install some android apps they give the developer name instead of the actual app name under the icon. For example a friend installed the Cavs team app on his phone and got the dev name.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-15 05:58 PM
    I started a thread in BlackBerry's forums about how they don't listen to these complaints and I posted a link back to this thread.
    The title of the thread: "Why Won't BlackBerry Listen?"
    Cut and paste your complaints from here to there too.
    If enough people keep posting the same complaints there, maybe BlackBerry will wake up and do something.
    02-17-15 07:15 PM
    Positioning of the send button in BBM and SMS.
    anon(4067838) likes this.
    02-17-15 07:27 PM
    Specific to Q10 (I do mis the trackpad for 1 and 2 below):

1. Positioning and moving the cursor in text. Can they come up with some key combinations that will work like cursor keys (as in the old Unix vi)?
    2. Text selection for copying and pasting is haphazard (related to 1 above).

3. Some Android apps take forever to load and are a bit cluncky to respond.

Except for these 3 issues, I generally love it.
    02-17-15 08:27 PM
    Specific to Q10 (I do mis the trackpad for 1 and 2 below):

1. Positioning and moving the cursor in text. Can they come up with some key combinations that will work like cursor keys (as in the old Unix vi)?
    2. Text selection for copying and pasting is haphazard (related to 1 above).

3. Some Android apps take forever to load and are a bit cluncky to respond.

Except for these 3 issues, I generally love it.
    1.- Tap on the "edges" of the circle to simulate a arrows.
    2.- Place your cursor where desired, hold shift, and slide your finger anywhere inside the text box.
    02-17-15 09:11 PM
    Threads like this.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    undone and wincyUt like this.
    02-17-15 09:22 PM
59 123