Threads like this.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    Makes sense, why else would you click and then comment on this thread.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 06:57 AM
    The only annoying thing about BlackBerry 10 is the stupid regional limitations over Maps and BBW. Come on, we're all humans!!
    02-18-15 07:33 AM
    5. No way to have popups unless the device screen is already on. If not, you see no popup and must reach for the phone. (unlike BBOS, or Android, or IOS).
    9. Active frames clutter up the screen even if it's not for an actual app. Just turned on your WIFI by using the drop down menu? Great, now you've got an active frame sitting there even though you never clicked on any app icon and didn't actually open and app. Just did something with your phone? Now you've got an active frame so you can quickly go back to it.....which would be fine except for the fact that you ALREADY have a phone icon on that same screen ALL THE TIME. Just did a search? Same problem. How about just used the camera? Yep, more clutter even though phone, search and camera icons live 24/7 at the bottom of the screen. But can I put the apps I USE OFTEN there? NOPE. Gotta swipe twice, or if I'm lucky I have a keyboard that I can assign.
    5.- I don't recall pop ups or even turning on the screen for new notifications natively on BBOS. On 10.3.1 there's an option to turn on the screen for new notifications, and double tapping them lets you reply.

9.- You're supposed to tap the wifi icon next to the text that says "Wi-Fi". It's always been like that. Icon=toggle, text =settings. Its painfully obvious because the icons are actually separated from the text if the feature has both, settings and toggle; whereas the ones that only have either settings or toggle are not separated. You may have not noticed if you keep your brightness on super duper low.

Here's an edited picture to further illustrate what I'm talking about:
    Things that annoy you about BlackBerry 10 OS-img_20150218_120214_edit.png
    02-18-15 12:07 PM
    1. Calendar in OS 10.3.1 looks like crap.

2. Contacts and BBM pull in info from Facebook even when set up not to.

3. BlackBerry Link.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 01:55 PM
    I miss the 'growing' numbers in the calendar app that was on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:43 PM
    I miss the 'growing' numbers in the calendar app that was on 10.2

Posted via CB10
    They removed that?
    Aww
    Not looking forward to 10.3.1 as much now
    02-18-15 03:46 PM
    They removed that?
    Aww
    Not looking forward to 10.3.1 as much now
    Overall 10.3.1 is better than 10.2 for me. Most will agree as well. Don't let the lack of growing numbers diminish your enthusiasm. It's a good OS!

Posted via CB10
    02-18-15 03:50 PM
    Overall 10.3.1 is better than 10.2 for me. Most will agree as well. Don't let the lack of growing numbers diminish your enthusiasm. It's a good OS!

Posted via CB10
    Hmm, the whole bright theme kinda puts me off it really, I like dark themes, I find that AMOLED Only devices getting dark UI rather unfair, the rest of us should have it
    02-18-15 03:56 PM
    One of my biggest gripes about BB10 is the BB10 fans who respond to reasonable criticisms of the OS as if the user has insulted all that is good and true in the world. .... Not everyone is like this, of course, but you can find them responding to most Blackberry reviews, as well as in concentrated numbers on BB fan sites. (Come on... You know it's true.) ;-)

I returned to BlackBerry after using a Windows phone for several years. That phone had an exceptionally good contact management system built in, and I also liked the way the screen could be easily customized.

Operating systems are things that you grow to get used to, and the big ones all have reasonably good features. The annoyances are generally what you miss from your last phone.

I think I miss not being able to restrict some apps from running in the background, or accessing the Internet without a wireless connection. Also, I miss the better defined profiles with respect to sound and brightness that have previously existed on older model BlackBerries, and exist onother phones.

And I miss that there's very little UI customization that can be done.
    vbdwork and BigAl_BB9900 like this.
    02-18-15 04:45 PM
    One of my biggest gripes about BB10 is the BB10 fans who respond to reasonable criticisms of the OS as if the user has insulted all that is good and true in the world. .... Not everyone is like this, of course, but you can find them responding to most Blackberry reviews, as well as in concentrated numbers on BB fan sites. (Come on... You know it's true.) ;-)

I returned to BlackBerry after using a Windows phone for several years. That phone had an exceptionally good contact management system built in, and I also liked the way the screen could be easily customized.

Operating systems are things that you grow to get used to, and the big ones all have reasonably good features. The annoyances are generally what you miss from your last phone.

I think I miss not being able to restrict some apps from running in the background, or accessing the Internet without a wireless connection. Also, I miss the better defined profiles with respect to sound and brightness that have previously existed on older model BlackBerries, and exist onother phones.

And I miss that there's very little UI customization that can be done.
    Don't forget it's freedom of speech and opinions too, so people are free to criticise any criticisms. What is deemed "reasonable" is always subject to subjective interpretations. We all have to learn to "Live and Lets Live".
    02-18-15 10:10 PM
    It's the IBM OS/2 of mobile OS's. Lots of promise but in the end became a two headed OS monster with very few native apps available.
    02-18-15 10:18 PM
    Contacts app. What a mess... I just wish to live long enough to see it work properly...
    02-18-15 10:25 PM
    This sending of incomplete texts happens to me too. Lol.

Posted via CB10 on my Smart Black Z10
    02-18-15 10:29 PM
    I complained about this so many times and no one acknowledges my outrage!

THE CLOCK IS POSITION IN THE CENTER OF THE LOCKSCREEN AND HOMESCREEN!!!
    there shouldn't be a work around! It's just ugly. I don't know how people wouldn't shut up about the flat icons but nobody is pissed about this!

Damn you to hell BlackBerry, damn you to Hell!!!
    tdyhedge and 3hb78ftg like this.
    02-19-15 12:28 AM
    when deleting a message, it doesn't automatically open the next message
    02-19-15 01:26 AM

there shouldn't be a work around! It's just ugly. I don't know how people wouldn't shut up about the flat icons but nobody is pissed about this!

What??? No, really, WHAT??? Are you having a mickey??

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 (Z10STL100-2/10.3.1.1151)
    02-19-15 02:22 AM
    Doesn't make me tea. What are they thinking?!
    02-19-15 03:55 AM

And where would you put instant previews of messages, mails and calendar then ?
    02-19-15 03:58 AM
    What are you talking about? I'm not saying the clock position should replace something else. All I'm saying is the clock shouldn't make up 1/4 of the lockscreen or home screen... and also be placed right at the center. Pffft.

Edit: I would like to point out that I'm on a BlackBerry Classic so there's less screen space. ._.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 04:32 AM
    Less screen space for what exactly??? Wise up

02-19-15 04:44 AM
    What are you talking about? I'm not saying the clock position should replace something else. All I'm saying is the clock shouldn't make up 1/4 of the lockscreen or home screen... and also be placed right at the center. Pffft.

Edit: I would like to point out that I'm on a BlackBerry Classic so there's less screen space. ._.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, didn't understand what you were saying.
    02-19-15 05:05 AM
    The main things I wish BlackBerry would bring back are:

1. Ability to hide apps

2. Ability to change OS font

Posted via Q10
    02-19-15 05:15 AM
    Less screen space for what exactly??? Wise up

-_-'

The BlackBerry Classic has less screen space when compared to the BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Z10, and BlackBerry Passport. That's all I meant.

BlackBerry 10.3.1 makes the time appear right in the middle of the home screen (if you close all apps) and the lock screen. My main complain was that the displayed time should be made smaller and moved to the edge/corner, so the home screen & lock screen wallpaper would not be blocked by the clock. That's it.

So when I said the BlackBerry Classic has less screen space I meant that the clock is more noticeable on the BlackBerry Classic than it would be on a larger device running 10.3.1.

This is my example:

Attachment 334516

It's too big and too centered.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-15 05:29 AM
    Threads like this.

Via my simply amazing  Q10 10.3.1.2267
    Maybe if BlackBerry executives, designer and engineers paid more attention to what users like and don't like... people might buy their products.
    02-19-15 07:54 AM
    Just did something with your phone? Now you've got an active frame so you can quickly go back to it.....which would be fine except for the fact that you ALREADY have a phone icon on that same screen ALL THE TIME. Just did a search? Same problem. How about just used the camera? Yep, more clutter even though phone, search and camera icons live 24/7 at the bottom of the screen.
    I agree with most of these. As much as I like the way universal search works, it does seem clumsy to have to keep closing the "Assistant" frame each time. I can see some justification for keeping the camera alive in an active frame, though. If you close that frame, it can take an extra second or so to load the camera software back into memory. When I take a picture, there's a good chance I'll want to take another one soon, and having that frame open allows me to be ready without that delay. It's not much time to wait, but when it comes to taking pictures, timing is everything.
    02-19-15 08:39 AM
59 123