As you can see my phone is already on SR2836, then there's a new update with the same number available. I checked update on the phone itself and it shows the size to be 85mb. Should I update?

There's a new SR2836 update available, anybody know if this fixes the runtime issue?-bbos.jpg
    There's a new SR2836 update available, anybody know if this fixes the runtime issue?-img_20160125_185334.jpg
    01-25-16 05:51 PM
    That IS the OS with the runtime issue.

• OS = 10.3.2.2876
    • Software Version = 10.3.2.2836

At 85MB, it's just going to push back carrier crap or whatever else you may have deleted.
    01-25-16 06:00 PM
    Did you delete Evernote and Dropbox? Lots of times when you delete them, you'll get prompted to download an update on the same version you're on, and it just puts back those apps you deleted.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 06:06 PM
    Did you delete Evernote and Dropbox? Lots of times when you delete them, you'll get prompted to download an update on the same version you're on, and it just puts back those apps you deleted.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't remove anything, i just roll back the runtime using Sachesi, would that be it?
    01-25-16 06:09 PM
    I didn't remove anything, i just roll back the runtime using Sachesi, would that be it?
    If you rolled back the runtime, this update will put back the broken one.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-25-16 06:10 PM
    If you rolled back the runtime, this update will put back the broken one.
    ah thanks

new to the blackberry world, i thought this might be the 2876 v2 or something, coz other companies sometimes push a minor update with the same firmware version number
    01-25-16 06:16 PM
    ah thanks

new to the blackberry world, i thought this might be the 2876 v2 or something, coz other companies sometimes push a minor update with the same firmware version number
    There's supposed to be a 10.3.2.2879 coming soon, I think that's the one.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    01-25-16 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the heads up... I'll refrain from updating for now.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 06:29 PM
    Observation:

If the OS beta program hadn't been cut due to leaks, this bug in 2876 would never have appeared in an official release. It would have been caught immediately, as it was caught here in CB the first day of its release.

Leaks did BlackBerry a big favor, despite its denials. Of course, none of that matters any longer. Look at its stock price.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and lift like this.
    01-25-16 06:55 PM
    Not that much of a favour. Apparently the HR policy was that employees weren't allowed to view the news stories on pain of dismissal or something.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-16 07:18 PM
    Not that much of a favour. Apparently the HR policy was that employees weren't allowed to view the news stories on pain of dismissal or something.

Posted via CB10
    Really?! Another misplay by the "men in the suits." Happens all the time in companies, and never works to the company's advantage.

BlackBerry is almost fully responsible for its demise. Agreed, Apple and Samsung were huge competition, but it was their company to lose, and they did.

Posted via CB10
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-25-16 11:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really?

If that's true it is one more piece of evidence showing what 1d10t5 are in charge!
    01-26-16 12:02 AM
    I also got this update yesterday, SR 10.3.2.2836 to SR 10.3.2.2836, 2 MB on T-Mobile USA.

I had not rolled back radio nor runtime, only deleted some default apps like Evernote, but they were not pushed back on. Unclear what this update did/changed. T-Mobile WiFi-Calling is still broken with this release.
    01-26-16 08:17 AM
    PS: I never had any problems with installing or uninstalling Android apps on this release.

I also got this update yesterday, SR 10.3.2.2836 to SR 10.3.2.2836, 2 MB on T-Mobile USA.

I had not rolled back radio nor runtime, only deleted some default apps like Evernote, but they were not pushed back on. Unclear what this update did/changed. T-Mobile WiFi-Calling is still broken with this release.
    01-26-16 08:22 AM
    Observation:

If the OS beta program hadn't been cut due to leaks, this bug in 2876 would never have appeared in an official release. It would have been caught immediately, as it was caught here in CB the first day of its release.

Leaks did BlackBerry a big favor, despite its denials. Of course, none of that matters any longer. Look at its stock price.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah right. Screen flicker on the Passport from back in the day proves that wrong. Beta Zone was little more than bone tossing to make you feel as though you were getting something special. Sure, some feedback got fixed but there are countless stories of things that were complained about in Beta Zone that ended up in production. Also, you think OS betas got nixed because of leaks? Haha! Yeah, right.. Leaks. That's totally the reason.
    SirSti23 likes this.
    01-27-16 07:19 AM

What it fixed: http://help.blackberry.com/en/releas...e_Notes-en.pdf
    mmeiners likes this.
    01-27-16 07:26 AM
    PS: I never had any problems with installing or uninstalling Android apps on this release.
    You're just not aware of it. Everyone has the same issue.
    Mozdony and lift like this.
    01-27-16 08:02 AM
    Kinda strange that BlackBerry hasn't at least pulled the update.... to keep any new users from being affected.

But then pulling an update, might draw more attention to level of "support" BB10 is getting at this point.... then just letting it affect the users that notice it, and aren't aware how to fix it.
    01-27-16 10:12 AM
    Blackberry's stance, "Deal with it."
    lift likes this.
    01-27-16 10:15 AM
    Blackberry's stance, "Deal with it."
    It was my feeling that BlackBerry had to be convinced it was even a problem.

Does no one at BlackBerry even USE a BB10 device? It took us a day to trip across this problem after it went live.

Their knowledge-base entry went up almost a month later, and only at the behest of complaining users from Crackberry.
    lift likes this.
    01-27-16 10:24 AM
    Yeah right. Screen flicker on the Passport from back in the day proves that wrong. Beta Zone was little more than bone tossing to make you feel as though you were getting something special. Sure, some feedback got fixed but there are countless stories of things that were complained about in Beta Zone that ended up in production. Also, you think OS betas got nixed because of leaks? Haha! Yeah, right.. Leaks. That's totally the reason.
    Bla1ze, your inside info only makes things seem worse than I had thought. I guess the beta zone business is/was only a tiny part of the problem. There was a lot of discussion here about the leaks annoying the BlackBerry management, even though they allowed for end user testing and early recognition of problems that the software engineers didn't pick up, like issues with Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 11:02 AM
    You're just not aware of it. Everyone has the same issue.
    I have installed and uninstalled several Android apps on this release without any issues. I cannot reproduce the issues others have been reporting with that.
    01-27-16 12:06 PM
    I have installed and uninstalled several Android apps on this release without any issues. I cannot reproduce the issues others have been reporting with that.
    Use an Android-based appstore, like Amazon or Google Play. Only there will you notice it.

Once you delete the app from your home screen, it will still be visible and runnable from Google Settings. So although it appears to be deleted, it isn't.
    roleli likes this.
    01-27-16 12:12 PM
    It's all explained here, including how to show the bug:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...lysis-1058115/

The fix that conite discovered is also explained there.

Once you modify or roll back any of the updated files, and then either allow Auto Update to be still enabled or do a manual update search, it will patch back up to the current, and broken, OS version.
    So, once you perform the fix, you must disable Auto Update and not do a manual update.
    That too is explained at the above link.
    01-27-16 01:49 PM
    It was my feeling that BlackBerry had to be convinced it was even a problem.

Does no one at BlackBerry even USE a BB10 device? It took us a day to trip across this problem after it went live.

Their knowledge-base entry went up almost a month later, and only at the behest of complaining users from Crackberry.

What are they using?

The PRIV might not really be ready for Enterprise yet, but to a degree you really need at least your front line people showing off the latest and greatest of your products.

How quickly did BlackBerry convert everyone from BBOS to BB10? Or do they still have some BBOS hold outs even now?
    01-27-16 01:52 PM
37 12