I get lots of emails and when I'm not on wifi. I keep data services off but when I do that, I can't send or receive pics though text.

Also, can I setup my email accounts to only download emails when I'm on wifi?

Any good apps for offline maps?

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:20 PM
    Can't help you with MMS.

For the email on WiFi, you could set the email accounts' synchronization interval to manual and then manually refresh it when you're connected to WiFi to pull your emails.

As for offline maps, I heard Mireo Don't Panic is an awesome app that lets you save maps to your SD card.

Bekijk Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy in BlackBerry World! U vindt dit op http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21869897

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 11:25 PM
    I get lots of emails and when I'm not on wifi. I keep data services off but when I do that, I can't send or receive pics though text.

Also, can I setup my email accounts to only download emails when I'm on wifi?

Any good apps for offline maps?

Posted via CB10
    MMS without data i don't think is do-able. But best check with your service provider.

For emails on Wifi, I believe if you turn Data Service off and leave your email settings to default (30min sync and Push enabled), it should auto connect and check for new messages when connected to wifi.

Offline maps.. as eldricho mentioned. Mireo Don't Panic GPS app is the best for that purpose. it doesnt use data and it can store maps on the SD card. Although with the latest 10.2.1.xx update, it stopped working through Bluetooth A2DP. so if you use it in a car, you'd have to leave it on speaker.

Good luck
    04-03-14 11:34 PM
    Ty for the replies. What push enable does?

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 08:13 AM
    Ty for the replies. What push enable does?

Posted via CB10
    I got this from the web:

What is "push email"?
    Push email is a method of having email received for a user on a server automatically forwarded to a mobile device. This works by keeping an active connection open between the mobile device and the server so that the server can notify the mobile device immediately when new email has arrived. In a typical non-push (pull) scenario, the mobile device would poll the server at some user specified time interval (such as every hour) and ask the server if any new email has arrived. If new email arrives even a second after the server is polled, it will sit there waiting until the next time that the mobile device checks for mail. Push technology is also often used for non-email data such as contacts and calendar appointments, as well. Popular push systems include Direct Push from Microsoft and BlackBerry Connect from RIM.
    Also known as: "push"
    04-04-14 08:35 AM
    Ty for the response.

Btw, my Evernote note app has an option that only sync when I'm wifi connected. Not sure why emails can't be setup like that too............

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 10:50 PM
    MMS is not possible without a data connection.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:46 AM
    Can't help you with MMS.

For the email on WiFi, you could set the email accounts' synchronization interval to manual and then manually refresh it when you're connected to WiFi to pull your emails.

As for offline maps, I heard Mireo Don't Panic is an awesome app that lets you save maps to your SD card.

Bekijk Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy in BlackBerry World! U vindt dit op http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21869897

Posted via CB10
    When you set those settings to "manual" every time you go to that account it will sync...uses a lot of battery...just so you know...

Trusted Member Genius
    04-06-14 01:23 AM
    Do not turn off Data Services, leave it enabled but on the same screen there is APN on bottom menu. Change "Access Point Name(APN)" to something else. I have it "o2internet" so when I want use MMS and do not want to use my data plan I set it to "o2internett". So emails are not downloaded.
    It still may use some data from data plan though, depends on what is your carrier counting.
    Last edited by skkayman; 10-26-16 at 05:28 AM.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-10-16 03:43 AM