Hello,

Recently I moved from one company to another, and new company's server mail settings were set to keep mail for last 15 days only, and rest of mail is held on ms office outlook Pst file. So basically my mail search in hub is currently doomed.
    Anyway, I was wondering if there's possibility to sync bb10 hub to my outlook instead of mail server, and to keep mail functionality also?

Regards

Posted via CB10
    10-03-19 02:41 PM
    create your Hotmail account on your device, ,it works perfectly!!
    10-03-19 04:06 PM
    create your Hotmail account on your device, ,it works perfectly!!
    It's not outlook.com mail, its mail stored in MS office outlook app.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-19 10:54 PM
    Is that pst file accessible to your desktop Outlook as an Archive folder?

I'll have to check how it looks on my Z10, but I think you can see that folder in the Hub by going into settings for that account and picking which folders to sync.
    10-04-19 10:54 AM
    So, are you saying that the new IT policy is that email older than 15 days is no longer stored on the email server and is instead only stored locally in the .pst folder of your Outlook app?

If that's the case, I ha e a few questions:

1) If Outlook us your desktop email client, what is the actual email service? Local Exchange Server? Cloud Exchange Server? Gmail? GSuite? GoDaddy? Something else?

2) Don you have the desktop Outlook app on your work computer? Home Computer? Both? And what OSes aren't you using? Windows 10? Mac OS?

3) What are other people in your office using for their mobile email?

Posted via CB10
    10-04-19 11:21 AM
    You can’t import pst files into hub, even stock outlook android app itself doesn’t have that feature yet. There is one app in playstore that could manage to open pst files (including mails and contacts backup). But it’s a standalone app, means it doesn’t sync to server, it’s just like a “pst reader”. So everytime you look for something from your pst backup, you serach that from the app (not from your mail app).
    10-05-19 12:59 PM
    If your company is still relying on PST files in 2019, run.

In all seriousness, your options are likely going to be very limited as it sounds like the company is still relying on POP or some other type of email service that isn't going to give you the flexibility that most modern devices expect.

PST folders remove messages from your mail server when using the archive function so unless you're willing to rely on a third-party app to read a copy of the PST stored on your handset and copied from your PC every few days, there's really not going to be much of a workable solution.

How does the company back up email? What if the PST gets corrupted, or too large? PST files were a solution from a time when storage was expensive and email was more or less plain text with few attachments.
    10-06-19 07:10 AM
    I guess it depends on where the pst is. I have an archive that backs up my stuff when it's more than a year old. Our email is hosted on Office365, and definitely EAS. My archive is local on my PC, but configuration in the OP's case could be saved to a network drive that gets backed up regularly.

Again, if it is EAS, and the archive folder is accessible on the local PC Outlook (regardless of where the pst file itself is physically located), it should be seen when configuring the email account in the Hub, and clicking which folders to sync. The Archive folder, if seen on the work PC's Outlook, should be visible on the phone too.

Unless the email is configured differently to not allow such access.
    10-06-19 07:22 PM
    Hello,

Recently I moved from one company to another, and new company's server mail settings were set to keep mail for last 15 days only, and rest of mail is held on ms office outlook Pst file. So basically my mail search in hub is currently doomed.
    Anyway, I was wondering if there's possibility to sync bb10 hub to my outlook instead of mail server, and to keep mail functionality also?

Regards

Posted via CB10
    Hey hibiskus,

This is really weird. It is possible to sync Outlook the app with BB10 but I'm not sure that you'd be able to have access to your PST regardless.

May I ask what your Android and iOS-using colleagues do under this system? So far as I am aware no one using a mobile device could access old e-mail under the system you describe.
    10-07-19 06:12 PM
    1. I think local exchange server, we have our mail server on mail.mynewcompany.com, and I can access it via webmail
    2. Yes I have desktop outlook app on company's laptop, win 10 home
    3. Well they are all in same problem, though they didn't identify it as a problem, since they do mailing through laptops 90% of time

I was thinking about syncing mail to some cloud and connecting Passport to that cloud, instead of mail server? Is that possible?

So, are you saying that the new IT policy is that email older than 15 days is no longer stored on the email server and is instead only stored locally in the .pst folder of your Outlook app?

If that's the case, I ha e a few questions:

1) If Outlook us your desktop email client, what is the actual email service? Local Exchange Server? Cloud Exchange Server? Gmail? GSuite? GoDaddy? Something else?

2) Don you have the desktop Outlook app on your work computer? Home Computer? Both? And what OSes aren't you using? Windows 10? Mac OS?

3) What are other people in your office using for their mobile email?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    10-08-19 04:18 AM
    1. I think local exchange server, we have our mail server on mail.mynewcompany.com, and I can access it via webmail
    3. Well they are all in same problem, though they didn't identify it as a problem, since they do mailing through laptops 90% of time

I was thinking about syncing mail to some cloud and connecting Passport to that cloud, instead of mail server? Is that possible?
    Posted via CB10
    Thanks. So, before the change, I assume you just set up the email account in the Hub and everything worked properly, right?

And now, it still works but you can't access emails more than 15 days old on mobile?
    10-08-19 08:51 AM
    Thanks. So, before the change, I assume you just set up the email account in the Hub and everything worked properly, right?

And now, it still works but you can't access emails more than 15 days old on mobile?
    Yup,

Cause they are deleted on mail server automatically.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-19 12:57 PM
    Yup,

Posted via CB10
    Ironically, your best option would be to use a BBOS phone with local email sync with a carroer that still supports BIS.

Since your IT department is going back to the early 2000s with its policy, you might need to do the same with your tech!

But, in all seriousness, you should ask your IT leaders and management if they are purposefully trying to prevent employees from using email on their mobile phones, and if not, how are you expected to access older emails on your phone.

If the plan is not to support mobile email, that's a policy issue and not a technology one. If they do intend to support mobile email, ask for their advice on how to implement it.
    10-08-19 01:07 PM
    Outlook.com allow you to add other email account and create an alias....

Then use the outlook.com account on your phone or even you desktop.
    10-08-19 01:35 PM
    Outlook.com allow you to add other email account and create an alias....

Then use the outlook.com account on your phone or even you desktop.
    That's a good suggestion.

There may be some challenges, though.

1) I'm not sure if you can send email from the alias account that will go through the proper email server. Even if it shows the alias in the "From" address it may cause problems with Spam filters.

2) Depending on security settings, you might need the actual email account configured to access attachments.

I can see it being used together with the actual account in the Hub. You could send and receive mail on the actual account and use the alias for longer term visibility of messages.

========== Composed and edited on the exceptional BlackBerry VKB on my trusty Z10. Any typographic errors, misspells, or grammatical errors are likely due to my inattention and lack of interest in word-perfect communications on an Internet tech fan forum.
    10-08-19 01:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    The more you describe this company, the worse it gets. PST files for email and now Windows 10 Home for a company machine?

I'd be very careful in trying to set up any kind of forwarding of company mail to a third-party email service as this is often a violation of policy since it exposes company data to services not controlled by company policy.

Overall, with the way all of this is set up by the company, there are no good options for accessing older email other than using your laptop and praying that your PST files don't corrupt beyond repair or that something happens to the drive of the machine.
    10-10-19 05:33 AM
    The more you describe this company, the worse it gets. PST files for email and now Windows 10 Home for a company machine?

I'd be very careful in trying to set up any kind of forwarding of company mail to a third-party email service as this is often a violation of policy since it exposes company data to services not controlled by company policy.

Overall, with the way all of this is set up by the company, there are no good options for accessing older email other than using your laptop and praying that your PST files don't corrupt beyond repair or that something happens to the drive of the machine.
    I'm thinking this is a small company without an IT department that is just using the free email offered by their ISP or basic webhosting company. Thus my suggestion about the forwarding.

I can't imagine a company with security concerns using Windows Home or anything else he mentioned.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-11-19 11:57 AM
    I can't imagine a company with security concerns using Windows Home or anything else he mentioned.
    I can't imagine a company without security concerns in 2019, unless they simply don't need or value information to operate.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    rthonpm likes this.
    10-11-19 06:00 PM
    Guys and OP... it sounds like the last two posts are most accurate regarding the situation. You’re with a smaller company now that doesn’t have a real 2015-2020 IT security policy setup. The email system really sounds like a very basic POP setup. I’d suggest asking the owner/boss if the company would like to upgrade to O365 to save money and increase security breach protection. If the answer is no, then you have the answer to many of your bigger concerns. At that point, use the laptop provided and then adjust until things or your situation changes.
    10-12-19 08:53 PM
    Thanks for answers,

I was expecting something like that. Yes, I will propose for email upgrade, cause, this is rly novice setup.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-19 10:57 AM
    Yup,

Posted via CB10
    Hmm..
    I think you could backup every 15days online mails into pst files (offline), then load/import it into your phone. This way the mails will stay safe (offline) even if they've been deleted in server. But you need to do it manually, unless your IT willingly to change their policy..
    10-14-19 01:30 AM
    Hmm..
    I think you could backup every 15days online mails into pst files (offline), then load/import it into your phone. This way the mails will stay safe (offline) even if they've been deleted in server. But you need to do it manually, unless your IT willingly to change their policy..
    I don't think there's any way to sync or import emails from a PC to the BB10 hub via USB or WiFi.

BlackBerry Link allows for the syncing of contacts and calendar items (possibly tasks and notes) and for folders, files and media. But as far as I remember, the only way to sync email is over the air via the Hub account and email servers.

10-14-19 08:54 AM
    I don't think there's any way to sync or import emails from a PC to the BB10 hub via USB or WiFi.

BlackBerry Link allows for the syncing of contacts and calendar items (possibly tasks and notes) and for folders, files and media. But as far as I remember, the only way to sync email is over the air via the Hub account and email servers.

I didn't see that this was posted in BB10 section. I thought OP is using keyone (android).
    10-15-19 11:21 AM