From the posts of the users in the developing markets the BIS and subsequently BBM is "The strength" of BlackBerry in those markets. Affordable data tariffs, data compression and reliable push email for everyone has tremendous value.
    Heck, I was recently in roaming and I would love to have option to turn on data compression instead of hefty roaming charges.
    So I would love to have option in settings to turn on BIS.
    So it this technically possible, or not?

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 02:34 AM
    As I understand if you have now moved away from BIS then no you cannot go back to it.

I have stayed with a BIS plan with my carrier because of what they wanted to charge for limited data.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 02:58 AM
    The real question is not whether it is possible, but whether it is possible within the time allowed at a price which is sustainable within the market. I'm sure it would have been done if was economic and supportable through the networks.

Unfortunately for BIS users the users spoke, and the cry from the screaming horde was "Bandwidth is unlimited, we want live web, we want Exchange Activesync like iPhone, we don't want the NOC, we won't pay the BlackBerry Tax". They got what they demanded then found the problems others had predicted.
    07-27-13 03:03 AM
    And if there are enough people who want BIS badly enough to make BBOS devices competitive in the world market I'm sure you will see BIS made available for BB10.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 09:11 AM