Hi.

My BB Q10 is overwhelmed by a text message conversation that has gone too long and though I tried to "end chat," and "clear chat," the thread exists. What has been deleted though is the index or whatever you call it -- the phone does not recognize or signal when I get a new text from this contact. I am at my wits end, and may have to seriously get a new phone because of this. This person is the most important in my life, and not texting this number is not an option. Now it hardly can even send messages -- most of them get stuck. The only way for me to even find it is to compose new message -- as it will not show the thread -- but then when I do, the whole thread does still come up. Slowly, and stickily -- because it's just so huge.

Can you help me please? Is there an external way to do this? Is there a "wipe all messages" option? Is there some way to force delete?

I'd be very grateful.

BB 12E8
    SQN 100-5
    Software 10.3.2.2474

Also, I only use mac, not PC.
    05-24-16 10:30 PM
    You don't need a new phone. You just need to take the previous advice suggested to you. - http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-i-do-1074454/. It's pretty clear you don't know what using an autoloader means but and that's fine.. there's threads on that as well. - http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/ / http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/. You just simply need to take the time and read through them and ask questions where relevant. Or, just wipe your device and start fresh - That's the easy fix.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    05-24-16 10:33 PM
    Yes, I don't know much about any of this stuff. I actually tried to read stuff on autoloaders, but frankly… Didn't understand a thing. It seemed to be a PC thing, all the files in that other thread ended with .exe, and I use a mac. I have zero idea how to do it, and if it will help me with this problem. I was hoping I could find an app that will somehow externally allow me to wipe all messages? That, or… Can someone walk me through the autoloader thing?

P.S. Nice picture, Bla1ze…
    05-24-16 10:38 PM
    1) Download Sachesi for your computer and install it - https://github.com/xsacha/Sachesi/releases
    2) Download this - https://mega.nz/#!BlUhlZ7Y!KeWYOF5PO...K_YAI4Scj1_2RE
    3) Plug your device into your computer, Open Sachesi, Go to the install tab.
    4) Drag the file from #2 into the install window of Sachesi.
    5) Wait.
    6) Wait some more
    7) And likely some more...
    8) When it has completed, disconnect your device and reboot it.
    9) See if the messages can be deleted now.
    10) If not, yell at something, set fire to your neighbors trash can*, and then wipe your device and start fresh.

*I can't help you with any legal repercussions here, sorry.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    05-24-16 10:46 PM
    I will give you my first born if this works. :-)
    Last edited by biancafloyd; 05-24-16 at 11:49 PM.
    05-24-16 11:15 PM
    Ok, I've stalled at Sachesi's spinning wheel.

The stuff has been downloaded, (all those .bar files, right?) and I drag them onto the 'install' tab, but it doesn't take them because it doesn't stop spinning the wheel. The connection log says

[23:36:39] Communication Error: 302 (Error downloading http://192.168.0.1/cgi-bin/discovery.cgi - server replied: Bad Request) from 192.168.0.1

many times over. I tried restarting and stuff. What is this password it wants, and -- there is no 'enter' or anything like that either. So close. Thoughts?
    05-24-16 11:49 PM
    Yeah, so I've followed the video instructions and Sachesi just doesn't recognize my phone.
    05-25-16 12:37 AM
    What is this password it wants
    Sachesi is looking for your "device" password. The password that you use to unlock your Q10.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    05-25-16 12:42 AM
    I haven't got one, so it shouldn't be stalling because of this.
    05-25-16 12:43 AM
    I haven't got one, so it shouldn't be stalling because of this.
    Ok, when you first start up Sachesi, remove all characters in the "password" dialog box. If you have no password, make sure that box is empty.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    05-25-16 12:50 AM
    Yes, I've done that… There is some kind of error. I tried restarting everything, uninstalling and installing it, hard-restarting the phone, etc… I just gave up and am wiping the phone. I have wasted so many hours on this I am livid. I'm now badly behind on work, sleep, and life. I am afraid of this, as I've never restored any phone to factory settings. I don't know what to expect, but I trust in all the backups I have -- I hope it will be super easy to get my phone back to what it was.
    05-25-16 01:20 AM
    If you can't delete the whole thread, can you delete individual messages within the thread? Seems a better option than re-installing the OS just because blackberry can't handle a message thread?!
    biancafloyd likes this.
    05-25-16 03:29 AM
    Yes, I've done that… There is some kind of error. I tried restarting everything, uninstalling and installing it, hard-restarting the phone, etc… I just gave up and am wiping the phone. I have wasted so many hours on this I am livid. I'm now badly behind on work, sleep, and life. I am afraid of this, as I've never restored any phone to factory settings. I don't know what to expect, but I trust in all the backups I have -- I hope it will be super easy to get my phone back to what it was.
    Hopefully your restore goes well. Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. I can understand your frustrations, and since I have no experience with a mac, I cannot understand your problem with Sachesi either. That program works so well for me with my PC. Best of luck to you from now on.
    biancafloyd likes this.
    05-25-16 08:19 AM
    If you can't delete the whole thread, can you delete individual messages within the thread? Seems a better option than re-installing the OS just because blackberry can't handle a message thread?!
    Well, individual texts are fine -- but there are thousands. It would take a foom full of elves a month and a half to do that. So… I wiped.

Hopefully your restore goes well. Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble. I can understand your frustrations, and since I have no experience with a mac, I cannot understand your problem with Sachesi either. That program works so well for me with my PC. Best of luck to you from now on.
    It was insane. I re-installed and now of course I'm missing contacts and ****… I've given this way too much of my time. I know it's all supposed to be for the betterment of humanity, but it feels like a chinese finger trap. Does it really make us more productive or does it steal our time on this earth?

(Just some of the late night thoughts I had while trying to make a phone work.)

And Bla1ze -- I DID set a trash can on fire! (Or a close equivalent which I will not publicly share.)
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-25-16 04:54 PM