Folks,

Please could someone with a Q10 (or other bb10 device) go to the URL Garden Law Discussion • User Control Panel • Register and tell me whether you can work out a way to drag the blocks at the bottom.

Thank you very much in anticipation

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 09:42 AM
    It is a page of registration and there are bottons to agree to terms... What did you mean with "drag blocks"? I read the page, I "scrolled" the whole screen with [space] and the letters [T] and [B]... Specify what you want us to do?

Posted via my BlackBerry*Q10, Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2102
    03-09-14 09:54 AM
    I think he just wanted us to accidentally click agree to something

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:03 AM
    Spam poster looking for hits/bites probably.

Mods should delete thread.

I never go to random sites....

Do not click.

BlackBerry Q10 User and Abuser
    03-09-14 10:07 AM
    Interesting. I tried it with 2 different browsers, couldn't work those food/color columns at all. I also tried to access "Reader Mode" in each, which was possible in one of them.

The built-in BlackBerry browser told me there was no Reader version of the web page. But... the Evolution Browser was able to get into Reader mode. In that mode, the Signup form doesn't have the columns to move around at all - just the form fields to input your info and a Submit button.

I didn't actually try signing up so I don't know if they will accept registration that way, but you might want to try it. The Evolution Browser is available at BBW - current cost is $2.99USD.

Otherwise if you don't want to pay for the app just to get past that one page, register on a regular computer, and then read & post from your phone. (I hope they don't require you to mess around with that drag&drop thing every time you post, too!)

Good luck!

Folks,
    Please could someone with a Q10 (or other bb10 device) go to the URL Garden Law Discussion • User Control Panel • Register and tell me whether you can work out a way to drag the blocks at the bottom.

Thank you very much in anticipation

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-09-14 10:10 AM
    Don't be so quick to condemn. The page he links takes you to a registration form for a set of phpBB forums. I've used, managed, and installed many sets of phpBB forums before, so I'm familiar with them, and I do not believe the OP was spamming.

The first page you saw was their ToS. Before you can sign up you have to first click that you agree with their ToS, which I did. Then I was taken to the page which concerned the OP (and which I wrote about in my previous post). He asked a legit question about the use of his phone's browser on a legit (but poorly coded for mobil use) web page.

Spam poster looking for hits/bites probably.

Mods should delete thread.

I never go to random sites....

Do not click.

03-09-14 10:21 AM
    Just basing my judgement off previous first hand experience, that's all.

This was a very prevalent issue on android.

No harm meant

03-09-14 10:27 AM
    Don't be so quick to condemn. The page he links takes you to a registration form for a set of phpBB forums. I've used, managed, and installed many sets of phpBB forums before, so I'm familiar with them, and I do not believe the OP was spamming.

The first page you saw was their ToS. Before you can sign up you have to first click that you agree with their ToS, which I did. Then I was taken to the page which concerned the OP (and which I wrote about in my previous post). He asked a legit question about the use of his phone's browser on a legit (but poorly coded for mobil use) web page.

Thanks... I did not agree the terms so couldn't help... I don't think the OP was spamming! That's why I was willing to help.

03-09-14 10:41 AM
    Once I realized I had to agree to the ToS in order to see what was going on, I figured why not, since I have no intention of actually signing up. Plus the web coder in me was curious to see what was on that page which made it unusable on a phone. ;-)

Thanks... I did not agree the terms so couldn't help... I don't think the OP was spamming! That's why I was willing to help.

03-09-14 11:05 AM
    I know no harm meant, but I hate to see the door slammed in a poster's face when he has a legit question. It's too bad there are nefarious types out there who ruin it for the rest of us sometimes.

Just basing my judgement off previous first hand experience, that's all.

This was a very prevalent issue on android.

No harm meant

03-09-14 11:16 AM
    I'm real, I'm not a spambot!! Been on this forum for a few years now.

Basically, to sign up to that website, one needs to 'use a mouse' to grab two blocks of text and move them from the 'colours' column to the 'food' one.

My question is can anyone work out a way of doing this on a BB10 device or do I need to fire up my old windows desktop?

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 06:21 AM
    If you saw my feedback about trying to get that page to work on my Q10, then you know you have 2 choices: 1) open the page in Reader Mode and see if you can register from a version of the page which bypasses that silly thing; or 2) use PC & mouse to register. Once you have registered, I hope you'll lodge a complaint to their webmaster about providing a proper registration form for smartphone browsers. I even tried it with a stylus - nothing.

Good luck!

I'm real, I'm not a spambot!! Been on this forum for a few years now.

Basically, to sign up to that website, one needs to 'use a mouse' to grab two blocks of text and move them from the 'colours' column to the 'food' one.

My question is can anyone work out a way of doing this on a BB10 device or do I need to fire up my old windows desktop?

Posted via CB10

03-10-14 08:28 AM
    It's tricky, but I think possible. Play with quickly sliding your finger in that direction, or a tap and a half and then drag quickly. If that don't work, I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:43 AM
    Sometimes long pressing the item and waiting for the menu to appear on the side, and then just tapping the area you want to drag to will act as a drag. Try it on this site.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 11:45 AM
    It appears that BlackBerry browser does not support drag and drop. This is a pretty significant compliance failure in the modern mobile world.
    05-15-15 07:44 AM