Is thre a way to change the default map program for email or text links when map data or GPS coordinates are emailed or texted to you?

I currently get GPS updates via email and when I click on the hyperlink, I ALWAYS get Blackberry Maps loading from that. To be honest, Blackberry Maps suck!

I want a default map program that will fill the entire screen on my Q10 and actually be up to date, unlike Blackberry Maps.

I get that you can set default settings for apps that say use maps, but in my case it'e the clickable links in emails or texts that I want diverted to Google Mpas or at least something better than crappy Blackberry Maps.

Anyone???
    09-20-14 03:03 AM
    I am pretty positive it is coming in 10.3.1, the option to set default apps that is.

Correct me if I am wrong though?

Are you running the leaked 10.3?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    I am pretty positive it is coming in 10.3.1, the option to set default apps that is.

Correct me if I am wrong though?

Are you running the leaked 10.3?

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    09-20-14 03:24 AM
    To answer your question no idea, but what's your deal with BB maps? Loads faster and gives more accurate directions and uses much less battery.

I would love to see ability to choose the default app like andoud though.
    09-20-14 08:26 AM
    My only grief about BlackBerry Maps is the lack of compass :'(
    09-20-14 08:58 AM
    To give saying what's wrong with BlackBerry Maps, BlackBerry Maps is awful. Are they ever going to add cycling directions? Currently, it's completely useless to me.
    09-20-14 10:23 AM
    To give saying what's wrong with BlackBerry Maps, BlackBerry Maps is awful. Are they ever going to add cycling directions? Currently, it's completely useless to me.
    Are you cycling on the road? If so, what's the problem? If not, better learn how to read a paper map and keep it in your pocket.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    der_mit and RWB3325 like this.
    09-20-14 12:38 PM
    Are you cycling on the road? If so, what's the problem? If not, better learn how to read a paper map and keep it in your pocket.

Posted with my Z10 on Verizon 10.2.1.3253
    I hope you're kidding? Turning off highways doesn't always turn off highways in BlackBerry Maps like it should for me. You aren't legally allowed to cycle on the highways, at least here in Canada.

Why bother with paper maps when Google can do what BlackBerry Maps can't and more accurately than any paper map. BlackBerry Maps needs huge improvements.
    09-20-14 02:34 PM
    I hope you're kidding? Turning off highways doesn't always turn off highways in BlackBerry Maps like it should for me. You aren't legally allowed to cycle on the highways, at least here in Canada.

Why bother with paper maps when Google can do what BlackBerry Maps can't and more accurately than any paper map. BlackBerry Maps needs huge improvements.
    BlackBerry maps is clearly not designed for walking, cycling or busing. It really is meant for driving and that's why it fails.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-20-14 02:42 PM
    BlackBerry maps is clearly not designed for walking, cycling or busing. It really is meant for driving and that's why it fails.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Exactly. It needs to be designed for this though but the other guy was saying like why can't I just use it, don't I already bike on the road etc.
    09-20-14 03:19 PM
    Google Maps is far better. It can tell you the quickest route by walking, car, trains and buses/trams. Unsure if the Maps app tells you which trains/trams/buses to catch and the time you need to be there or if that's Google Now. But Google has got it far better than BlackBerry. But what BlackBerry has now works very well, just lacking features

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 03:37 PM
    Exactly. It needs to be designed for this though but the other guy was saying like why can't I just use it, don't I already bike on the road etc.
    If anyone says BlackBerry maps is better than Google maps, I instantly dismiss them for a delusional fanboy

Posted via CB10
    jpvj and LuvULongTime like this.
    09-20-14 04:54 PM
    Blackberry Maps is great for driving... better than Google Maps.

Google Maps is better for cycling, walking, and using transit. And it's very good for driving. So it wins hands down.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:36 PM
    You aren't legally allowed to cycle on the highways, at least here in Canada.
    Wrong, wrong and more wrong. That may indeed be a local bylaw (although I sincerely doubt it) but you are absolutely not forbidden to cycle on highways "in Canada" as a whole.

As a matter of fact, the highway traffic safety act considers bicycles to be vehicles. Furthermore, it makes absolutely no distinction between highways, alleys, streets etc. All roads (paved or not) are considered highways.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:55 PM
    Wrong, wrong and more wrong. That may indeed be a local bylaw (although I sincerely doubt it) but you are absolutely not forbidden to cycle on highways "in Canada" as a whole.

As a matter of fact, the highway traffic safety act considers bicycles to be vehicles. Furthermore, it makes absolutely no distinction between highways, alleys, streets etc. All roads (paved or not) are considered highways.

Posted via CB10
    I believe they mean the 400 series highways in Ontario

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 06:57 PM
    In the 10.3 leak it let's you tap and hold an address and select "open in". However Google Maps does not show up in the list to select from (and yes, I have it installed).

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 07:16 PM
    This is the map app that I've been using for the past several months...Check out BeMaps 10 Pro - with Google Maps in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/32317888

Posted on CB10 via my Snappy Z10
    EastCoastBB likes this.
    09-20-14 09:45 PM
    If anyone says BlackBerry maps is better than Google maps, I instantly dismiss them for a delusional fanboy

Posted via CB10
    Or you could just come to terms with the fact that one might just be easier for them to use...thus better? Interface alone might make it better

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    ExplicitPromo and rthonpm like this.
    09-20-14 10:49 PM
    I believe they mean the 400 series highways in Ontario

Posted via CB10
    There are no bicycles allowed signs on Deerfoot in Calgary. I'd assume the same for Stoney Trail, but I didn't notice.

Plus there are tons of bike lanes that are definitely absent on BlackBerry Maps.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:37 PM
    Or you could just come to terms with the fact that one might just be easier for them to use...thus better? Interface alone might make it better

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    I like BlackBerry, but BlackBerry Maps can't be considered superior for driving when it is so behind on map updates. Roads that have been going into my neighbourhood for years don't exist still on my BlackBerry. I'm on Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 so it isn't because I'm behind on updating.

It has great voice guidance and the warnings for turns is top notch.

But it sucks if it thinks a road is where one doesn't exist!

Posted via CB10
    09-20-14 11:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    Entirely wrong. I'll quote the HTA:
    HTA Reg. 630 - Expressways
    "Bicycles are prohibited on expressway�/ freeway highways such as the 400 series, the QEW, Ottawa Queensway and on roads where "No Bicycle" signs are posted. Set�fine:�$85.00"

There are many smaller highways that have these no bicycle signs as well. Google Maps knows which these are though. Which is why it is so important. Are there any plans to add cycling to BlackBerry Maps?
    09-21-14 06:10 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can't cycle on 400 series highways nor on two lane highways

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 01:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bikes are forbidden on Highway 1 in BC, along with any vehicles incapable of 60 km an hr.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 03:22 PM
    I think BlackBerry maps is great for navigation. But it needs a satellite view.

Posted via CB10
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    09-21-14 05:59 PM
    I find BlackBerry Maps excellent when driving, the accuracy is outstanding. But for anything else, Google Maps is just miles ahead. BlackBerry Maps doesn't even show tube stations in London, it's absolutely hopeless when trying to find something like that.

Posted via CB10
    ExplicitPromo likes this.
    09-21-14 06:16 PM
    The BlackBerry Maps don't work in Bermuda so I'm using Be maps PRO It just comes up in blue and that's what it was doing on OS7, I would love to be able to change the default map so that I can use the BlackBerry assistant and other features on BlackBerry
    Is There A Way To Change The Default Map Program From Blackberry Maps to Google Maps?-img_20140921_213203.png
    Is There A Way To Change The Default Map Program From Blackberry Maps to Google Maps?-img_20140921_213532.png

Posted via CB10
    09-21-14 07:54 PM
31 12