hi

i found blackberry 10 more interesting then android.

passport is excellent for me, only downside is the browser start to be old...

is there any open source browser available for it?

thanks
    11-06-18 12:08 PM
    Check on Mozilla FTP servers for the latest available BS10 firefox browser.

And check on Opera's FTP servers.

I don't know Firefox completed one for BlackBerry.
    But opera should still be available.

Neither option is supported anymore.
    11-06-18 12:28 PM
    Is there a reason the browser has to be open source?
    11-06-18 12:38 PM
    hi

i found blackberry 10 more interesting then android.

passport is excellent for me, only downside is the browser start to be old...

is there any open source browser available for it?

thanks
    There are open-source android browsers on F-Droid that will work with the Passport but you will have to download and try them for yourself. I now use Kiwi browser or BEOL browser (search for it here on CB).

If you are referring to native BB10 browsers, there are some in BBW but since they use the same webkit as the native one, there is not really any speed improvement. Some of those are Browsie Browser and QBrowser.
    11-06-18 02:21 PM
    There are open-source android browsers on F-Droid that will work with the Passport but you will have to download and try them for yourself. I now use Kiwi browser or BEOL browser (search for it here on CB).

If you are referring to native BB10 browsers, there are some in BBW but since they use the same webkit as the native one, there is not really any speed improvement. Some of those are Browsie Browser and QBrowser.
    For some reason the stock browser on my 10.3.3.3216 Passport is now opening more slowly than Browsie Browser which is very similar to the former but with better support for some sites (like PayPal) and some more Options (change user agent).
    11-07-18 08:19 AM
    For some reason the stock browser on my 10.3.3.3216 Passport is now opening more slowly than Browsie Browser which is very similar to the former but with better support for some sites (like PayPal) and some more Options (change user agent).
    Clean all data for the stock browser. And me I disable cache on the stock browser.

Love Peace and Share
    11-07-18 09:23 AM
    Clean all data for the stock browser. And me I disable cache on the stock browser.

Love Peace and Share
    Thanks lolo9269. Sadly I had already done all that to no avail. It will take 5-20 secs for the stock browser to do its job, bit annoying sometimes.
    11-07-18 09:26 AM
    Firefox android browser on BB10 doesn't connect to the internet for some reason. Does anyone know any solution for this? It has started happening with version 56. So the most updated version that is usable on BB10 is version 55.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-18 04:21 PM