Hi everyone,

I've recently replaced my great Bold 9780 by a brand new Q5 and I intend to sync contacts and calendar with my own instance of Horde as I was used to on OS 6 by using Funambol sync client. For BB 10, CalDAV and CardDAV support is built-in.

I have created CardDAV and CalDav accounts without any problem. Contacts are synced in both ways but calendar keeps empty even if calendar entry appears in calendar application parameters. If I click on update button, it takes some time but no event is retrieved. Surprisingly I'm able to create an event in BB and check it 's synchronized to Horde. It's like BB 10 doesn't see events created by others.

Does it sound something?

Thanks

--
    Yannic
    05-08-14 03:50 AM
    Thanks for the link. I have done tons of testing and I can see the light...

Apparently my self-signed certificate for Horde is partially supported by BB. If I enable HTTP it works better. I could see calendar events one time but they've disappeared few seconds ago. I'm convinced Horde CalDav implementation is probably not achieved.

Google is not an option for me. So I give a try to Owncloud. I have subscribed an account to a local Owncloud provider. They have a true authenticated SSL certificate for their domain ; it should remove any HTTPS issue. I have migrated my events to Owncloud to make testing with same data. Account is fast. That sounds good... All events appear in Calendar application. I have created, updated and deleted events. I have a timezone issue between Owncloud and BB but it I manage from BB is should be fine.

However I have noticed one bug which seems to be on BB side: sometimes all events disappear.
    - it happens sometimes on Calendar application startup
    - it happens sometimes on event creation. Created event is visible but others have disappeared.

In both cases a click on "Update" solves the problem. It would be interesting to know how BB manages CalDAV data. As per my understanding it should always get a cached version of events and performs updates when needed.
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!
    Please update your profile to include device, carrier, and location. This makes it easier for others to help you.

Please check this first (I'm not sure if this is what you meant by "parameters). Open the calendar, and swipe down from the top. Tap on "Manage". Ensure your Horde calendar is checked.
    05-08-14 09:27 AM
    I just updated my profile :-) My phone is Blackberry Q5 and my carrier is Virgin Mobile, an MVNO operating on Orange France network.

As per your suggestion I've checked calendar settings. When I tap on "Manage" I can see 3 calendars : one local calendar and two remote calendars hosted on Horde : calendar and task list. Both remote calendars are checked.

If I tap on "Update" it takes a long time... between 1 and 2 minutes before ending. I can see the event I have created using BB Calendar application but not other events which have been created with my old device. If I log in to Horde Web Admin interface all events are present.
    05-08-14 12:25 PM
    OK, that's odd. Like I said, I have no experience with Horde. I'll send out a mini broadcast to see if I can find someone who does. It may not be too quick, but I'll get back to you.
    05-08-14 12:43 PM
    I just updated my profile :-) My phone is Blackberry Q5 and my carrier is Virgin Mobile, an MVNO operating on Orange France network.

As per your suggestion I've checked calendar settings. When I tap on "Manage" I can see 3 calendars : one local calendar and two remote calendars hosted on Horde : calendar and task list. Both remote calendars are checked.

If I tap on "Update" it takes a long time... between 1 and 2 minutes before ending. I can see the event I have created using BB Calendar application but not other events which have been created with my old device. If I log in to Horde Web Admin interface all events are present.

OK, I looked at this Horde page: p@rdus: Getting CalDAV and CardDAV server capabilities within Horde. It looks like full CalDav support may not be available as yet. The last psot about it was Aug. 2013, so it may not be very high on the radar.

Sorry there isn't more I can dig up. Have you checked the CalDav function on an Android or iOS device? I suspect you'd get the same results.

As a last resort, is there an export function in the Horde admin panel? It may be simple to expot the calendar and import it to an Outlook.com or Gmail account and sync that.
    05-08-14 08:58 PM
    Thanks for the link. I have done tons of testing and I can see the light...

Apparently my self-signed certificate for Horde is partially supported by BB. If I enable HTTP it works better. I could see calendar events one time but they've disappeared few seconds ago. I'm convinced Horde CalDav implementation is probably not achieved.

Google is not an option for me. So I give a try to Owncloud. I have subscribed an account to a local Owncloud provider. They have a true authenticated SSL certificate for their domain ; it should remove any HTTPS issue. I have migrated my events to Owncloud to make testing with same data. Account is fast. That sounds good... All events appear in Calendar application. I have created, updated and deleted events. I have a timezone issue between Owncloud and BB but it I manage from BB is should be fine.

However I have noticed one bug which seems to be on BB side: sometimes all events disappear.
    - it happens sometimes on Calendar application startup
    - it happens sometimes on event creation. Created event is visible but others have disappeared.

In both cases a click on "Update" solves the problem. It would be interesting to know how BB manages CalDAV data. As per my understanding it should always get a cached version of events and performs updates when needed.
    05-09-14 12:25 PM
    Wow, a lot of work. Glad you finally have it sorted out. Congrats.

Elessar.cm | CB Moderator
    05-09-14 12:35 PM
    I've got Horde 5.1.1 running on the Linux server, email is connect via IMAP, but no idea how to get contacts / calendar etc sync'ed up, sounds like you got it going though, any tips?
    09-14-14 01:53 PM
    I'm in similar boat. In the process of setting up a website. I notices the email server has support for something called blackberry Fastmail which apparently works with old bold 9900 on bbos7 (via bis) how's that for irony after finally upgrading to a passport? go figure! anyways! excited at prospect of hosting my own secure email calendar contacts etc. email is setup with horde groupware 5.2.6 One band op here so no budget for BES. how can i get this working? from earlier comments it seems the key is signed security cert configured so creates a ssl channel between phone & email server. how do me & fellow horde user configure our phone to horde setup?
    03-06-16 12:40 AM
    found this link Wiki :: ActiveSync not sure if it answers kianby. still trying to decypher info for own use.
    03-06-16 12:47 AM