Hello Crackberry friends.I was thinking that in a few months the authentication servers of BBID will no longer be available. I understand that if we are currently using a BB10 device it should not bring us any major problem...or am i wrong? And also....what will happen next? In the case of making a hardreset...how will we use the device again if there is no one server to validate BBID...WHAT A PROBLEM!
    01-26-21 06:51 AM
    actually using a Q10 and Dev Alpha (with BBOS10 10.0.9 ) for gaming and phone)
    01-26-21 06:53 AM
    Hello Crackberry friends.I was thinking that in a few months the authentication servers of BBID will no longer be available. I understand that if we are currently using a BB10 device it should not bring us any major problem...or am i wrong? And also....what will happen next? In the case of making a hardreset...how will we use the device again if there is no one server to validate BBID...WHAT A PROBLEM!
    Not being shut down till early NEXT year....

Many believe that if you wipe your phone and set it up without a BBID (or access to BBW) that you should be ok, as long as you don't need to reload the OS for some reason - as the setup process does require BlackBerry's servers to reply, even without using BBID.

BlackBerry could shutdown all the BBID stuff, and leave the activation servers up.... or they could forget to turn off the machines and leave them on for however long. In the end... won't know till it actually happens. But yeah I would wipe a device and set it up without BBID before that date get's here. And have a backup plan in case it nukes them....
    01-26-21 08:57 AM
    it would be logical that, I assume that it is the first tine in moder smartphone history that this happens, we are allowed to download the apps purchased in .Bar format to do sideloading after...cos we pay for them. it's crazy think?
    01-26-21 10:18 AM
    it would be logical that, I assume that it is the first tine in moder smartphone history that this happens, we are allowed to download the apps purchased in .Bar format to do sideloading after...cos we pay for them. it's crazy think?
    Yes, it's crazy.

BlackBerry World doesn't own the apps, so they aren't theirs to give away.

And 99.9% of the original developers are long since gone.
    pdr733 likes this.
    01-26-21 10:20 AM
    I remember when BlackBerry killed off the Music and Movie side of BBW..... many were wanting lifetime access to the content they had purchased.

A few developers have released they apps to the wilds... maybe a few more will as well. But most have moved on and forgotten their their time with BlackBerry.
    miguelos2 likes this.
    01-26-21 11:03 AM