I paid $99 for 1 or 2 years which seemed reasonable

I think they have a money back guarantee if you aren't happy in the first month or something similar

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 12:57 PM
    Yes, I saw that posted on their website. It's encouraging to see such an important need covered well by a qualified product that would actually provide the services promised!

Since I prefer to pay for my goods & services with actual money instead of trading away my privacy for some cheap deal software that didn't protect me & my family but instead puts private information that is truly none of the business of anyone else outside of the small circle of family & friends needs to know! The worst part is the permanent nature of what happens as your info is placed permanently on the Web. Our local TV station management frequently posts about it to (hopefully, at least) try to convince the pre-teens & others in the area that it's much easier to stop some item we'd rather not blab to the world, and how hard it is to actually remove any of it once it hits the Web.

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    01-20-18 02:02 AM
    And VPN45 on BBW?

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 10:08 AM
    And VPN45 on BBW?

Posted via CB10
    I don't think or know if there is anything wrong with their service. I do know however that their app is just instructions on how to set up their VPN on a BB10 phone.

In theory you can use any VPN provider that uses the IKEv2 type of server.

The plus side of just configuring your phone to use a VPN with settings rather than an app (which doesn't exist for BB10 anyway) is that you aren't wasting processor power and memory on something that is inbuilt.

I would post up my connection settings to show how easy it is, however uploading attachments on the CB10 app is broken. I will do it though, I'll just upload from the desktop site.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-18 11:51 AM
    Hey, thanks! Seeing them would be great, I'm more visual oriented so an example of things is always nice to see!

01-21-18 11:18 PM
    BTW, I don't know if anyone has seen the Jan2018 issue of Consumer Reports, but I was rather shocked to see the cell phone review they did. Out of 51 phones, they had the top 35 on their "recommended" list. I wasn't too surprised that none of the "droidberries" were there at all, but very surprised to see #33 was the BlackBerry Passport!

I was rather shocked to see the Passport rated at all, much less score in the top 35 when it's the lone BlackBerry. So maybe I need to rethink the idea of making my next device a Classic...

If an organization that in past years has never been fond of ANY BlackBerry thinks that the Passport stacks up that well then it's worth thinking about it a bit more!
    The only reason why I'm replacing my Q10 is that I'm tired of the frequent issues with the text app locking up or even worse, when it garbles the texts by mixing the new stuff I want to send with previous texts. Otherwise the only issue that's annoying is how the Gas Buddy app no longer shows the correct time of the reports. So every price report says it's from Monday @ 12pm except for when I report a price it says "a moment ago" for less than a minute.

Beyond that I still find it the best device I've ever had for business and personal use for people who are interested in keeping themselves on time, organized & able to quickly access any details of interest. It keeps my calendar & contacts in a clear, concise fashion while NEVER exposing me to HIPAA violations like every android or Apple device does.

01-22-18 12:52 AM
    Hi, I've also been thinking about getting a Vpn up and running for my BlackBerry Passport so very interested in this thread. I'm going to check out what's available and will report back if and when I make a choice or have any questions. Thanks so much for starting and posting all the information in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-18 03:07 AM
    BB10 has great built in VPN support. Another thing you should never need an app for!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-23-18 04:38 PM
    After having tried Nordvpn, astril, hide.me and some other one I can't remember, I've switched to vpn.ac

Its very affordable, has had good reviews and I'm really happy with their speed and security claims.

Although they don't officially support BB, they do support IKEv2 and I provided them with instructions on how to connect to a BB10 device once I figured it out.

To set it up use:
    Generic IKEv2 VPN Gateway
    Auth type: EAP-MSCHAPv2
    Auth ID: Email address

For Auth ID, MSCHAPv2 EAP ID, and MSCHAPv2 Username: use your VPN user ID (not the same as your vpn.ac account username)

Gateway Auth type: PKI
    Gateway auth ID type: Fully qualified domain name

Gateway auth ID: the IKEv2 server address

Cheers
    SoundChaser007 likes this.
    01-23-18 05:20 PM
    After having tried Nordvpn, astril, hide.me and some other one I can't remember, I've switched to vpn.ac

Its very affordable, has had good reviews and I'm really happy with their speed and security claims.

Although they don't officially support BB, they do support IKEv2 and I provided them with instructions on how to connect to a BB10 device once I figured it out.

To set it up use:
    Generic IKEv2 VPN Gateway
    Auth type: EAP-MSCHAPv2
    Auth ID: Email address

For Auth ID, MSCHAPv2 EAP ID, and MSCHAPv2 Username: use your VPN user ID (not the same as your vpn.ac account username)

Gateway Auth type: PKI
    Gateway auth ID type: Fully qualified domain name

Gateway auth ID: the IKEv2 server address

Cheers
    Hello. Does the gateway authorisation have to be pki. Is this pki just for nord vpn.
    I have started using vpn45 and following the setup information provided by them they instruct psk. When I do this it works and I can test it by checking an online ip site test but it will not allow my bt email through and will allow my Google email. When I try setting the gateway authorisation to pki I cannot connect to the vpn45 at all.
    So my question is whether the psk/pki is region specific and has anyone else had a problem retrieving bt emails. I can send email from bt email but not receive any when vpn is on. Maybe it's a bt email problem I'm not sure as I have looked around the BT forums for any information but it's all related to using email on a pc.
    I only purchased the vpn45 from bbw as a trial for one month to test before subscribing for longer and hope to get the email sorted out as the Google mail was only set up for play store etc.
    Should add that it's the same if I use wifi at home or mobile data.
    Thanks in advance and apologies for any spelling mistakes as this was typed on the dtek50 and not my awesome passport which is on the charger ;-)
    01-28-18 07:17 AM
    I'm sorry I can't help much here apart from to tell you that I think (not 100%) that BT mail is actually Yahoo mail underneath. That may help with searching for information

I can confirm that I have Yahoo mail, working through NordVPN.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 02:50 PM
    OK James thanks for the reply. I also have a yahoo account which I haven't used in ages so will also check that out. I also had a online chat with bt mail help but they are unable to help as they are saying my emails are working fine but will not answer my question if they are blocking or restricting vpn use.
    Maybe it's a setting in the setup but I have tried a few different settings with no joy.
    On another note I also installed a free vpn on my dtek50 and the emails behaved the same so it more or less points to bt or blackberry devices.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-18 03:41 PM
    I was planning on trying out Nord VPN, so I wondered what you did & didn't like about it that made you switch?

01-28-18 09:52 PM
    I was planning on trying out Nord VPN, so I wondered what you did & didn't like about it that made you switch?

Hi scubafan,no sure if your question was to me so left answering for a while. I just got the vpn45 as it was listed on bbw to work with the passport. After not being able to get my bt email sorted out I then just this afternoon purchased nordvpn for a months trial and followed up the settings information they had supplied for bb10 devices. I can now send and receive my bt and other emails with the Vpn on. If all works out over the next few weeks I will purchase the two year deal. I am also going to try this on my dtek50. The vpn45 was also a bit hit and miss when trying to activate it on mobile data. So fingers crossed.

Posted via CB10
    01-30-18 01:21 PM
    Thanks for the response! I'm very interested in how it goes. BTW, I don't know what you are going to be charged for the 2yr plan, you should look at either Bradsdeals.com or techbargains.com. There is a promo code to get Nord for 3 years for $99 USD!
    Thanks again for taking the initiative to be thoughtful enough to help the many users here in CB by passing on your input!

02-10-18 12:44 PM
    Get an hardware firewall
    02-10-18 07:06 PM
    Thanks for the response! I'm very interested in how it goes. BTW, I don't know what you are going to be charged for the 2yr plan, you should look at either Bradsdeals.com or techbargains.com. There is a promo code to get Nord for 3 years for $99 USD!
    Thanks again for taking the initiative to be thoughtful enough to help the many users here in CB by passing on your input!

Thanks for your reply also. I also checked the nordvpn site last night and they also have the same 3 year deal of $99. So I think when my monthly trial ends around the end of February I will purchase the 3 year deal if still available.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-18 03:29 AM
    I managed to get ProtonVPN Ca certs to work on my passport. It's essentially the same setup as on Linux. I also agree that BB10 still has value even going into 2018. I will never trust a Google product for as long as I live! Although once BB10 stops releasing security patches I'm going to have to learn how carrier pidgeons work......
    Mind to share screenshot setup

Posted via CB10
    02-11-18 05:07 AM
    I was just curious, now that the trial is over did you get the 3 year plan? Any feedback on the experience so far? As far as speed differences, difficulty in using specific sites or browsers, etc

Also several of us had hoped you were still going to post either a screenshot or the specific steps with what needs to be entered into various fields. Or did I miss seeing it?

Thanks!

03-19-18 05:26 AM
    I'm using NordVPN on my Priv and my Passport. Just go to the Nord VPN site and they have easily followed instructions for all different operating systems. Also for setup directly on WiFi routers. Sleazy Easy.
    10-04-18 11:47 PM
    #blackberry @Blackberry Should offer this which they did in bis

I stucktoit because iwanted pushgrade fast email over their separate serverchain

Couldn't ve harmed to growit to a VPN with other alliances with a good firewall fromcrap

Posted via CB10
    10-08-18 09:10 PM
46 12