Just curious if there is...

...or is there an app for that?
    02-06-13 10:09 PM
    Yes there is, when the device is locked click the power button and scroll from the top to the bottom, be aware though that all notification will be turned off, you will still get them but no led or tone will play
    BBB78 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:15 PM
    I've been wondering this as well. I've missed bedside mode since switching to Android.

Edit: Yay!
    02-06-13 10:15 PM
    Yes there is, when the device is locked click the power button and scroll from the top to the bottom, be aware though that all notification will be turned off, you will still get them but no led or tone will play
    Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad there is, even so it would be nice if it was customisable. I trust they will improve it in months to come though
    02-07-13 04:27 AM
    I'm not sure why, but if I plug the device in the charger, and switch to bedside mode, the screen stays activated with the clock on. I'd prefer not to shorten the life of the screen, so i'm wondering if this is expected behaviour?
    02-07-13 06:36 AM
    this is expected behaviour. it tries to act like your night time alarm clock.
    on bb7 though you were able to choose whether the screen stays on or not. i preferred to have it turned off as well for the same reason you stated. i hope they add this functionality with the next update.
    02-07-13 07:37 AM
    How about the auto "shut-down-turn-on" my old 9810 and I'm sure other BB had this feature.
    You could set a time like 11pm to auto shut down and then 5am auto turn on.
    I can't seem to find it?
    02-07-13 07:42 AM
    not there either....
    02-07-13 07:50 AM
    Yeah you mean the clock when you activated bedside mode? Right that's how is supposed to work

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 11:50 AM
    When in bedside mode do I still get phone calls? What notification are disabled
    02-07-13 12:07 PM
    When in bedside mode do I still get phone calls? What notification are disabled
    Unfortunately at this point ALL notifications are disabled.. the old beside mode had preference settings under which (I think most of us) I always set it to switch to the 'phone calls only' profile, so that spam emails, facebook messages and whatever else didn't wake me, but if something was important enough for someone to call in the middle of the night (emergency) then I would get it.. I beleive MANY of us are hoping for this feature to return quickly.. but as of right now you can enable bedside mode or not.. if you do, no notifications whatsoever.
    fazzioo, Lyls and Darlaten like this.
    02-07-13 12:16 PM
    The screen will lite up but that is, no sound at all at least for phone calls that is what happens, probably will make if to a software update though

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-07-13 12:48 PM
    Can bedside mode be set to operate on a schedule? ie, turn on in the evening and turn off in the morning
    02-07-13 09:33 PM
    definitely want the option to have calls come in while in bedside. Blackberry please add this back in.
    02-07-13 09:52 PM
    How about the auto "shut-down-turn-on" my old 9810 and I'm sure other BB had this feature.
    You could set a time like 11pm to auto shut down and then 5am auto turn on.
    I can't seem to find it?
    I really miss this one, I hope they put it back! THis morning my friend called me at 7 and woke me up, normally, my old BOLD9900 would be off
    02-08-13 09:12 AM
    this is expected behaviour. it tries to act like your night time alarm clock.
    on bb7 though you were able to choose whether the screen stays on or not. i preferred to have it turned off as well for the same reason you stated. i hope they add this functionality with the next update.
    I tend to put my phone on silent because having the screen all night bugs me because there is a slight glow in. Dark room.
    02-08-13 10:05 AM
    While we are on the subject of bedside mode, how do you cancel the alarm on the first ring? I only seem to get a button to do that after one cycle of snooze.
    02-08-13 04:03 PM
    Is it possible to turn off all radio as well? All it currently seems to do is kill the notifications.
    02-09-13 02:42 PM