Hello folks.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to watermark photos taken with the Z30 phone with a "copyright" symbol or if they knew of an in-phone app that does this. My job involves a lot of shots that I take with my phone's camera and doing this in device would save me a lot of Adobe Lightroom work.

Thanks to all that reply.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    08-14-14 08:35 PM
    There's a handful in BB World. Never tried any of them, though.
    08-14-14 09:00 PM
    Hi drfever!
    You can search and download Effetica Social app on BB World (free but very good (y) ).
    You have 2 ways to add watermark:
    - Add text.
    - Add blend pictures.
    08-15-14 12:39 AM
    Thanks guys

I use effectia social now. Just wish there was an app that would embed the watermark as I take it.

Back to post processing in effectia I guess lol. Anyone know if Effecta Pro allows batch editing?

Jane Li likes this.
    08-15-14 08:35 AM
    I'm working on a camera application now. The main features are high accuracy, or at least known accuracy, geolocation and EXIF data writing. I can put that on the feature list and see what I can do.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 04:01 PM
    Hello folks.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a way to watermark photos taken with the Z30 phone with a "copyright" symbol or if they knew of an in-phone app that does this. My job involves a lot of shots that I take with my phone's camera and doing this in device would save me a lot of Adobe Lightroom work.

Thanks to all that reply.

I have requested this feature exactly on icanmakeitbetter https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....ks-on-pictures very handy if came baked in the system

Join my photography channel
    drfever likes this.
    08-15-14 04:14 PM
    I have requested this feature exactly on icanmakeitbetter https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter....ks-on-pictures very handy if came baked in the system

Good initiative! I'm joining you right now supporting this idea in the link you provided.
    regards!
    08-15-14 04:46 PM
    You can do so with the mock it app.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    08-15-14 04:51 PM
    I'm working on a camera application now. The main features are high accuracy, or at least known accuracy, geolocation and EXIF data writing. I can put that on the feature list and see what I can do.

Posted via CB10
    Fantastic.

It would be great to have a copyright watermark (customizable of course) stamped on the image (bottom left or right) good luck with the app and please post any details when completed in this thread so I can give it a whirl. Cheers

08-16-14 02:16 PM

Joining you. Good stuff

menshawy likes this.
    08-16-14 02:16 PM
    Fantastic.

It would be great to have a copyright watermark (customizable of course) stamped on the image (bottom left or right) good luck with the app and please post any details when completed in this thread so I can give it a whirl. Cheers

I've done some experimentation with watermarking pictures on the fly during capture. Once you have an image it is quite easy. I was intending to allow setting the EXIF copyright field, this sieems like a reasonable additional feature. It will take me some time, denpending on other commitments, to get this to a beta test state, but if you are interested in trying it out send your BBID to our support email (support@sarmobile.ca) and someone will add you to the sandbox and send you instructions on how to get the pre-released version with watermarking when it becomes available.

Is there anyway to watermark photos?-img_20140818_221005.jpgIs there anyway to watermark photos?-img_20140818_221132.jpg
    08-19-14 06:41 PM
    I've done some experimentation with watermarking pictures on the fly during capture. Once you have an image it is quite easy. I was intending to allow setting the EXIF copyright field, this sieems like a reasonable additional feature. It will take me some time, denpending on other commitments, to get this to a beta test state, but if you are interested in trying it out send your BBID to our support email (support@sarmobile.ca) and someone will add you to the sandbox and send you instructions on how to get the pre-released version with watermarking when it becomes available.
    Thank you!!!

I will send them an email today
    FYI, I know you know this but copyrighting can be placed in exif. I have all my Nikon DSLR to add copyright in the exif data. (and it's single (c) not the symbol in your attached images but I think you know that too ;-)

I can't post the symbol in the thread because for what ever reason it throws off all the formatting of the thread (something I will alert the Crackberry team about)

With mobile though noting more images are taken to be shared quickly before running through any post processing computer software the feature would be handy. Like I said I'll be sending an email. I'd love to help out.

Cheers

08-20-14 10:12 AM
    Thank you!!!

I will send them an email today
    FYI, I know you know this but copyrighting can be placed in exif. I have all my Nikon DSLR to add copyright in the exif data. (and it's single (c) not the symbol in your attached images but I think you know that too ;-)

I can't post the symbol in the thread because for what ever reason it throws off all the formatting of the thread (something I will alert the Crackberry team about)

With mobile though noting more images are taken to be shared quickly before running through any post processing computer software the feature would be handy. Like I said I'll be sending an email. I'd love to help out.

Cheers

I appreciate the help.

Indeed I had intended to allow insertion of a copyright message in the EXIF data. But that can be easily stripped off. I wonder what Facebook, Twitter and the rest do with EXIF when they resize/crop pictures.

Anyway, all I have to do is wrap a usable UI around what I've done and a new version will be going up.
    08-20-14 11:38 AM
    Hi drfever!
    You can search and download Effetica Social app on BB World (free but very good (y) ).
    You have 2 ways to add watermark:
    - Add text.
    - Add blend pictures.
    Is it just me or the copyright symbol cannot be used on this app? I selected it and it’s on when I type but it doesn’t appear on the image
    08-25-14 12:49 PM
    Is it just me or the copyright symbol cannot be used on this app? I selected it and it’s on when I type but it doesn’t appear on the image
    It is hard to say. But if you left the review about that you should know it is very difficult for an application developer to assist you through the application review system. There is no way for them to reply, except by putting something in the application description, getting it approved and hoping you see it. If you really want an answer to your question you should contact the application support. There is an email address listed in BlackBerry World.
    08-25-14 01:55 PM
    Doing this on phone can be a tough task,when it comes to image quality and watermark placement.What i use personally is a desktop software called Mass Watermark.I transfer my photos to PC and use it to bulk watermark and resize my photos before i put in on the web,It also has direct picasa and flickr upload option if you want to share it that way.

Quite easy to use,hereis a video

youtube.com/watch?v=TKviwY-4tBY
    09-03-14 11:23 PM