So. I'm moving into a new place, and this new place is using a kind of WiFi with a setup like in a hotel. When you connect to the WiFi for the first time, whey would give you a browser would pop up and saying that you're connected to the WiFi and can surf the internet freely. After that I just have to click "agree and continue" and the next WiFi connection would not require such procedure. We're just connected automatically. I realized that in this WiFi environment, I could not connect the BlackBerry Blend on my Mac with my Passport. Which is pretty annoying. Can anyone give a solution to this problem? Thanks!

And, bonus question, just because I hope someone that's tech savy(er) than me can answer: how can I setup my Chromecast in this situation? Thanks again!
    05-31-15 05:20 PM
    Dunno about chromecast.

Once you do all that's required to connect both devices to the WiFi network, start Blend. It's really that simple.

Back on the first beta for Blend, I was in a hotel room with the same WiFi set up. All I needed was to have both devices on the same network.
    05-31-15 05:30 PM
    Dunno about chromecast.

Once you do all that's required to connect both devices to the WiFi network, start Blend. It's really that simple.

Back on the first beta for Blend, I was in a hotel room with the same WiFi set up. All I needed was to have both devices on the same network.
    I did that already.. it could not connect.
    06-01-15 11:24 AM
    Could be firewall settings, could be a lot of stuff... If you can get your friend to help you trouble shoot...

As a sidenote, I can connect even when my Z30 isn't on WiFi. I'm guessing your friend's set up has some setting that's preventing you from connecting. Maybe IPv6 is off?
    06-01-15 01:16 PM
    Could be firewall settings, could be a lot of stuff... If you can get your friend to help you trouble shoot...

As a sidenote, I can connect even when my Z30 isn't on WiFi. I'm guessing your friend's set up has some setting that's preventing you from connecting. Maybe IPv6 is off?
    How to check whether the IPv6 is on or off? Sorry the noob question.
    06-01-15 02:14 PM
    How to check whether the IPv6 is on or off? Sorry the noob question.
    You ask the person setting up the WiFI network. Each router is different.
    06-02-15 10:26 AM
    You ask the person setting up the WiFI network. Each router is different.
    Got it worked! I'm using an access point that I use as a WiFi extender.
    diegonei likes this.
    06-02-15 02:01 PM