After I've hit a bug in Google Play Market a few days ago, when almost every single app was claimed as not supporting my device, I decided to spend some spare time on developing a native Telegram client for BB10.

But, the process turned to be not so easy to spend only 1 or 2 hours a day.

So, I would really love to know whether there's somebody who is interested in such a client in case its first beta will be shown in a month or so? If positive, it would give me an additional motivation.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche and anon(8679041) like this.
    12-04-17 06:22 PM
    It probably isn't worth your while since the Android app works so well.

There are simply too many features to incorporate.

As far as the issue with Google Play is concerned, a simple re-registration with the Google ID app takes care of the occasional blip.
    12-04-17 06:35 PM
    Android version works well indeed. But, still it is android, and, as a result, works not so fast as it shows up on a pure Android device... and - after all - has no hub integration.

It would be my first BB10 app, and I'm eager to make that just for interest. But, as I've already said, the fact that such a client could be interesting to somebody besides me, would give me a motivation not to quit.

The main problem at first is in crazy MTProto protocol. The rest of features is a mechanical work. I'm not fantasizing of course, that the first beta would carry all features onboard.

Posted via CB10
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    12-04-17 06:51 PM
    Android version works well indeed. But, still it is android, and, as a result, works not so fast as it shows up on a pure Android device... and - after all - has no hub integration.

It would be my first BB10 app, and I'm eager to make that just for interest. But, as I've already said, the fact that such a client could be interesting to somebody besides me, would give me a motivation not to quit.

The main problem at first is in crazy MTProto protocol. The rest of features is a mechanical work. I'm not fantasizing of course, that the first beta would carry all features onboard.

Posted via CB10
    It would certainly be a fun project, and an interesting learning experience. But unless you can replicate almost all of the Telegram features, it may be a very personal journey - not that that's a bad thing.
    12-04-17 07:00 PM
    It would certainly be a fun project, and an interesting learning experience. But unless you can replicate almost all of the Telegram features, it may be a very personal journey - not that that's a bad thing.
    You are giving the right direction. Which features are the most important in your opinion?

As for me:

- chats of course
    - secret chats of course
    - stickers
    - sending files

Really, I think, most of Telegram users use those features on a daily basis.

What I think to implement after:

- calls
    - creating groups
    - creating channels

Does it somehow correlates with your thoughts about, if any?

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 07:11 PM
    You are giving the right direction. Which features are the most important in your opinion?

As for me:

- chats of course
    - secret chats of course
    - stickers
    - sending files

- calls
    - creating groups
    - creating channels

Posted via CB10
    Interestingly enough, most of my use of Telegram involves groups. And everyone loves the inline features - gifs, images, videos, instant link views, file handling, etc.

It's so feature rich, it's hard to know where to start.
    12-04-17 07:16 PM
    Gifs, videos etc. - that is all sendFile method from the API POV. And that is what I intend to do at first.

Groups - yes, I agree. Move them up in my task list.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-17 07:21 PM
    Gifs, videos etc. - that is all sendFile method from the API POV. And that is what I intend to do at first.

Groups - yes, I agree. Move them up in my task list.

Posted via CB10
    I just recently started using Telegram and on my BB10 am using the Android Plus messenger. It runs fine enough, but native would certainly be better. The one feature I thought I would like but haven’t found useful is Channels. They were great on BBM, but seem kind of pointless on Telegram unless you can post comments and actually find them to begin with. Maybe I’m missing something.
    12-04-17 09:02 PM

As for me:

- chats of course
    - secret chats of course
    - stickers
    - sending files

- calls
    - creating groups
    - creating channels

Posted via CB10
    A native Telegram app would be great. Main feature for me would be hub integration.

Posted via CB10
    arfeo likes this.
    12-05-17 03:03 AM
    Would be definitly install your app. Please create a Whatsapp native too since the official will be gone.

Posted via Classic
    arfeo likes this.
    12-05-17 08:07 AM
    Would be definitly install your app. Please create a Whatsapp native too since the official will be gone.

Posted via Classic
    WhatsApp does not have a public API.
    arfeo likes this.
    12-05-17 08:52 AM
    Count me in.

Posted via The Classic
    arfeo likes this.
    12-05-17 12:49 PM
    I am ready to buy two licenses.

Posted via CB10
    arfeo likes this.
    12-05-17 02:08 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    arfeo likes this.
    12-07-17 07:47 AM
    After I've hit a bug in Google Play Market a few days ago, when almost every single app was claimed as not supporting my device, I decided to spend some spare time on developing a native Telegram client for BB10.

But, the process turned to be not so easy to spend only 1 or 2 hours a day.

So, I would really love to know whether there's somebody who is interested in such a client in case its first beta will be shown in a month or so? If positive, it would give me an additional motivation.

Posted via CB10
    I will be interested, IF it has nice Hub integration. That's the main thing I don't like at the moment about Android Telegram on my Passport.

Typed on a beautiful piece of history
    12-07-17 12:30 PM
    Yes, interested. But it might be wise to consider that the last initiative to do this failed, even after money was raised in this very subforum for the developer. So there may be difficulties involved that you should be aware of before diving in.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-17 10:29 AM
    Yes, interested. But it might be wise to consider that the last initiative to do this failed, even after money was raised in this very subforum for the developer. So there may be difficulties involved that you should be aware of before diving in.

Posted via CB10
    I've already done a major part of GUI and primary MTProto lib tuning at the moment. And, you know, there're absolutely no underwater rocks in there. Maybe, the initiative failed bacause the dev wasn't interested in results?.. I am interested, as I do it to upgrade my own skills and for those who said 'Yes' in this thread. I earn money on other projects.

The first beta coming soon.
    12-08-17 05:17 PM
    I've already done a major part of GUI and primary MTProto lib tuning at the moment. And, you know, there're absolutely no underwater rocks in there. Maybe, the initiative failed bacause the dev wasn't interested in results?.. I am interested, as I do it to upgrade my own skills and for those who said 'Yes' in this thread. I earn money on other projects.

Excellent to hear, and looking forward to the results of your hard work.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-17 05:36 PM
    Lol! Official Telegram has just updated to 4.6, and it claims the new version of MTProto, 2.0. Jesus! Nevertheless, my work is still in progress.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-17 12:51 PM
    I just recently started using Telegram and on my BB10 am using the Android Plus messenger. It runs fine enough, but native would certainly be better. The one feature I thought I would like but haven’t found useful is Channels. They were great on BBM, but seem kind of pointless on Telegram unless you can post comments and actually find them to begin with. Maybe I’m missing something.
    I read Channels even more often than message on Telegram. You find them either through search field of on a tchannels site where they are categorized. Many channels have added their chats so interactivity is there.

via BlackBerry Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    12-09-17 02:34 PM
    The idea is great. Native Telegram would be popular. This messenger is getting bigger on the market. Features: chat, secret chat, files, stickers, groups, channels - as minimum. Ideally - plus calls.

via BlackBerry Z30/STA100-5/OS 10.3.3.3057
    arfeo likes this.
    12-09-17 02:38 PM
    I don't think calls will be implemented in the first beta.
    12-09-17 04:28 PM
    Can’t wait
    12-10-17 08:57 PM
    I have Plus Messenger and Official Telegram installed on my Leap, Z30 and Z10 and and they work just great, the only thing that doesn't work on BB10 devices as far as I know are videomessages (GIF videos with sound) that were introduced on Telegram v.4.0. Something wrong or misssing on our Android runtime I guess. But curiously the videomessages work just fine with Challegram (another Telegram client) since it's not based on any official Telegram version or client and actually uses only the API

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 08:04 AM

Would be great to have a proper native Telegram client for BB10...

Keep the good work!

Leonardo

Posted via CB10
    12-17-17 02:56 PM