Doesn't work for me. Get "Error creating debug token." Did you use the IDE to get it?
    I should clarify; I haven't created my debug token, but got my CSK. Creating a debug token should be able to be done easily from the command prompt as you set your own credentials. What error are you getting?

Do you have a CSK?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-19 10:55 PM
    I was able to get a CSK, but no debug token. Failed when connected via USB and WiFi: "Error creating debug token". Haven't tried the command line. Does it work with Windows?

It's interesting that the drivers seem to work on OS X. It pairs with the device, but fails when creating the debug token. Does this suggest something can be done to get Link and Blend working?
    01-01-20 12:10 AM
    I was able to get a CSK, but no debug token. Failed when connected via USB and WiFi: "Error creating debug token"
    Hmm...I will test when I can, but I can't see how there would be an issue since that process does not interact with Blackberry servers.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-20 12:14 AM
    I was able to get a CSK, but no debug token. Failed when connected via USB and WiFi: "Error creating debug token". Haven't tried the command line. Does it work with Windows?

It's interesting that the drivers seem to work on OS X. It pairs with the device, but fails when creating the debug token. Does this suggest something can be done to get Link and Blend working?
    Same for me, I'm using windows and trying to get the keys via momentics ide. I began developing Bird10 in september '19 and it has always been intermittently failing (when I was working on another app in 2017 it would never give me problems). I've been trying since yesterday but I couldn't get one yet.

Hmm...I will test when I can, but I can't see how there would be an issue since that process does not interact with Blackberry servers.

Posted via CB10
    On my setup it sends a POST request to http://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/PBDT-Waterloo (arent't BB headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario? ) to request a signature. Server answers with 'Code signing request failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.', or sometimes doesn't answer at all.
    Last edited by Simo_Dax; 01-02-20 at 09:42 AM.
    01-02-20 06:42 AM
    On my setup it sends a POST request to http://www.rim.net/Websigner/servlet/PBDT-Waterloo (arent't BB headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario? ) to request a signature. Server answers with 'Code signing request failed because the service is temporarily unavailable.', or sometimes doesn't answer at all.
    On December 1st Blackberry stopped accepting registrations and submissions to BBW. Is it possible to use Sachesi to side load apps.? It appears the signing servers are up, but not for debug tokens?
    01-02-20 11:14 AM
    On December 1st Blackberry stopped accepting registrations and submissions to BBW. Is it possible to use Sachesi to side load apps.? It appears the signing servers are up, but not for debug tokens?
    It certainly is possible to sideload using Sachesi. Just have to find the .bars!
    01-02-20 01:18 PM
    On December 1st Blackberry stopped accepting registrations and submissions to BBW. Is it possible to use Sachesi to side load apps.?
    Yes, people are doing this nowadays to install bars

It appears the signing servers are up, but not for debug tokens?
    Others reported being able to get debug tokens so I really don't know what to think atm
    01-02-20 01:19 PM
    Got my SDK running again. It’s cool that all the docs are still up. A bit eerie though to see the comments and questions are mostly from 4-5 years ago.

Debug tokens timing out for me, too
    01-02-20 02:08 PM
    Got my SDK running again. It’s cool that all the docs are still up. A bit eerie though to see the comments and questions are mostly from 4-5 years ago.

So are we talking life support or hospice care situation?
    01-02-20 04:19 PM
    Yes, people are doing this nowadays to install bars

Others reported being able to get debug tokens so I really don't know what to think atm
    Can apps still be signed?

I had hoped to be able write software to side load, but I am not familiar with the app signing process. In cases where you would need to request system permissions from BlackBerry is this just in order to have the app accepted to BBW or is it key to the process of getting an app signed?
    01-02-20 07:26 PM
    So are we talking life support or hospice care situation?
    If you would like to learn how to program BB10 native apps try this book:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=MDXIyDr8
    01-02-20 07:39 PM

Where is BurningPlatform?
    01-02-20 09:50 PM
    Where is BurningPlatform?
    I’m sorry, I didn’t follow the question?
    01-03-20 01:25 AM
    01-03-20 02:15 AM
    Can apps still be signed?

I had hoped to be able write software to side load, but I am not familiar with the app signing process. In cases where you would need to request system permissions from BlackBerry is this just in order to have the app accepted to BBW or is it key to the process of getting an app signed?
    Yes, app can still be signed. It is mandatory to have a signed bar if you want to install it. I don't know what you mean about requesting system permissions
    01-03-20 06:02 AM
    Better code it right at the first try then..
    01-03-20 06:06 AM
    I’m sorry, I didn’t follow the question?
    Burning Platform was one of the best and longest lasting BB10 developers. He got pretty pissed and left when BB demonetized BB World. Rightfully so, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 likes this.
    01-03-20 07:10 AM
    It appears the signing servers are up, but not for debug tokens?
    I managed to get the token, twice! You need to keep on trying, looks like the server has some time windows where it works. (it's 15:58 GMT now)
    app_Developer likes this.
    01-03-20 10:01 AM
    Burning Platform was one of the best and longest lasting BB10 developers. He got pretty pissed and left when BB demonetized BB World. Rightfully so, in my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    Expecting BB to not demonetize BBW struck me as hilarious and his logic was even more hilarious. Like other developers have done, he could have found alternative solutions. BB isn’t a charity and didn’t owe his entitled self anything.
    01-03-20 10:15 AM
    Understandable, but he would be the most reliable source regarding the status of debug tokens.

Expecting BB to not demonetize BBW struck me as hilarious and his logic was even more hilarious. Like other developers have done, he could have found alternative solutions. BB isn’t a charity and didn’t owe his entitled self anything.
    If BlackBerry enables in app purchasing the existing apps could become trialware.

With BlackBerry's acquisition of Cylance and with its partnership with the University of Waterloo, they could replace the long defunct Guardian and create an AI for handling app submissions to BBW. It would form a beta test environment for the technology developed that could then be used with other platforms BlackBerry supports, but offered as developer tools.

Would anyone here forego a PKB and BB branding and purchase a BB10 autoloader subscription for a Samsung Knox device? Assuming the native browser is upgraded (but remains 32-bit), the Android Player is upgraded to Amazon's Android VM (64-bit Pie) and the underlying OS is upgraded to 64-bit QNX 7.
    01-03-20 10:25 AM
    Understandable, but he would be the most reliable source regarding the status of debug tokens.

If BlackBerry enables in app purchasing the existing apps could become trialware.

With BlackBerry's acquisition of Cylance and with its partnership with the University of Waterloo, they could replace the long defunct Guardian and create an AI for handling app submissions to BBW. It would form a beta test environment for the technology developed that could then be used with other platforms BlackBerry supports, but offered as developer tools.

Would anyone here forego a PKB and BB branding and purchase a BB10 autoloader subscription for a Samsung Knox device? Assuming the native browser is upgraded (but remains 32-bit), the Android Player is upgraded to Amazon's Android VM (64-bit Pie) and the underlying OS is upgraded to 64-bit QNX 7.
    but why would bb even consider spending a dime on an appstore for a EOL OS. There is no need lol

There is not a market for a loadable bb10 OS and they are not going to hire a huge dev team to update an OS they just officially killed.
    pdr733 and ppeters914 like this.
    01-03-20 10:33 AM
    They gave developers a five week warning to add their own payment mechanism within their apps.

If they were still around and interested, they could have made short work of it.
    coffee-turtle likes this.
    01-03-20 10:41 AM

BBW serves no purpose for BB since BB10 isn’t actively supported anymore. BB pulled the plug because it’s over for BB10 regarding active development or even active support and it’s never coming back.
    pdr733 and ppeters914 like this.
    01-03-20 10:42 AM
    I managed to get the token, twice! You need to keep on trying, looks like the server has some time windows where it works. (it's 15:58 GMT now)
    Good to know. I think someone had reported before that it was intermittent, so I guess it’s still the same. That’s good for anyone who wants to continue to play a bit
    01-03-20 10:52 AM
    but why would bb even consider spending a dime on an appstore for a EOL OS. There is no need lol

There is not a market for a loadable bb10 OS and they are not going to hire a huge dev team to update an OS they just officially killed.
    Well many people in commenting on the report that BB may possibly return to hardware indicated how much they hate Android, both because of the UX and the lack of privacy. The need for enhanced privacy expressed by Chairman & CEO of BOA and CEO John Chen's response was what instigated the news report.

I am not suggesting BB return to hardware. I think it should remain a software company, but was too quick to trash the BB10 assets. Also, why not partner with Samsung that already has device firmware equivalent to BlackBerry Secure and does not require any changes to its manufacturing process, because customers could use an autoloader. BlackBerry would use Samsung's authentication keys instead of its own. Of course if an order is large enough Samsung may take it and load BB10 firmware.

Initially, in the early days of BB10 development, RIM was debating wether to build a SDK based upon Qt (it is the native SDK used by QNX) or to go with Android while, in either case, using the QNX Neutrino OS. Adopting Amazon's Android would allow use of DTek in "BB10.3.4" and provide Amazon with a phone and BB10 with an an Alexa enabled "ecosystem".

With gestures in Android Pie it should easier to bring the Flow UX to Android.
    01-03-20 11:07 AM
402 1234 ...