Hey guys. I was wondering if there are any themes on BB10. The same old UI with a different wallpaper looks so boring. So just wondering if anyone here knows some good bb10 theme apps.
    05-18-15 01:02 PM
    No you cannot theme BB10.
    If you want the weather or widgets on your screen try Home Screen Plus
    moody likes this.
    05-18-15 01:05 PM
    No you cannot theme BB10.
    If you want the weather or widgets on your screen try Home Screen Plus
    But we could theme BBOS6. Why not 10?
    05-18-15 01:08 PM
    But we could theme BBOS6. Why not 10?
    Themes are one of the things that I miss from BBOS amongst others that I wish would have been included in 10 but you will never see them again I'm afraid.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 03:53 PM
    Themes are one of the things that I miss from BBOS amongst others that I wish would have been included in 10 but you will never see them again I'm afraid.

Posted via CB10
    That's rough :/. But why? BlackBerry can make themes and make them available for us to download from the world.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 05:07 PM
    Because BlackBerry thinks that every single one of their phones should have the identical UI, and business/security customers can't possibly be interested in "skinning" the UI.
    05-19-15 12:47 PM
    That's rough :/. But why? BlackBerry can make themes and make them available for us to download from the world.

Posted via CB10
    It simplifies the OS UI for BlackBerry. They can use the same look across all devices, and they don't have to worry about accommodating a myriad of horrible, unusable layouts just to satisfy the few good ones out there.

No fun, but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-15 01:51 PM
    Because BlackBerry thinks that every single one of their phones should have the identical UI, and business/security customers can't possibly be interested in "skinning" the UI.
    No I'm not saying that. They don't wanna make skins for us don't! But at least make that theme option available so that the kind old devs out there can help. Not everyone BlackBerry customer is an adult or a business man.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:25 AM
    It simplifies the OS UI for BlackBerry. They can use the same look across all devices, and they don't have to worry about accommodating a myriad of horrible, unusable layouts just to satisfy the few good ones out there.

No fun, but it is what it is.

Posted via CB10
    No I'm not saying that. They don't wanna make skins for us don't! But at least make that theme option available so that the kind old devs out there can help. Not everyone BlackBerry customer is an adult or a business man.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 09:25 AM
    Their target market isn't people who want to skin their phone interfaces.

In order to have skins available, the OS would need to support skinning by the user. That takes extra work, and at a stage in BB10's development where basic functions are still missing or broken, skinning support isn't something they should be working on, IMO.
    JamBueree likes this.
    05-20-15 10:57 AM

In order to have skins available, the OS would need to support skinning by the user. That takes extra work, and at a stage in BB10's development where basic functions are still missing or broken, skinning support isn't something they should be working on, IMO.
    This. ^^

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 11:11 AM

You're talking about their target market? 90% of their target market is on IOS and Android. They ain't doing a dang! Making skins available isn't a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-15 01:30 AM
    You're talking about their target market? 90% of their target market is on IOS and Android. They ain't doing a dang! Making skins available isn't a big deal.

Posted via CB10
    Go tell @JohnChen if you want themes so bad. He can make it happen. You got your answer, whining about it further here won't help.
    moody, mrfreeze and donemt like this.
    05-22-15 04:21 AM