Im going to england in a month I want to set up a vpn or somthing that will allow me to access my hard drives states side aswell as watch hulu and netflix. I just cant seem to find a service that works maybe i havent looked hard enough but i really dont know what i am getting into
    08-02-14 02:39 PM
    I use Witopia. There are others, including who use different services. Try searching the forums.

Posted via CB10
    08-02-14 04:58 PM
    A VPN isn't what you're really looking for, hosting a file server (even temprarily) on your computer, or using a cloud services such as Dropbox is more suited.
    08-03-14 04:41 AM
    Im going to England in a month I want to set up a vpn or something that will allow me to access my hard drives states side as well as watch hulu and netflix. I just cant seem to find a service that works maybe i havent looked hard enough but i really dont know what i am getting into
    You need to look for a VPN provider to offer the Microsoft IKEv2 protocol as other ones like PPTP,L2TP or OpenVPN are not supported by Blackberry, and yes, by connecting to VPN you can manipulate your machine's IP address to specific location like US, therein you can unlock access to Netflix and Streaming Content from Outside the US however please note that your account could potentially be cancelled at any time or your could be locked out in some way because although accessing geographically restricted content with the aid of things like a VPN doesn't seem illegal, it is likely to be breaching the terms of use of streaming sites to use any service to bypass their restrictions or to lie about your location.
    The following visual tutorial could help you to set it up on your device:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=_zSdGZlm
    Last edited by Dr Rose; 10-26-14 at 09:41 AM.
    08-03-14 11:46 AM
    I use Witopia. There are others, including who use different services. Try searching the forums.

Posted via CB10
    ^^This. I would recommend Witopia, because it has more IKEv2 servers for BB10. I use Purevpn myself, which has only 3 IKEv2 servers.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    08-03-14 01:46 PM