Hi All,

Been searching for alternative browser which natively made for blackberry 10, can't find any trending browser such as opera, uc browser, firefox, chrome, safari, dolphin, etc.

Anyone recommendation guys ?

I've been trying to open my office website on mobile mode (with native browser), but it keeps directing me to the web mode. That's why I need to try alternative browser

PS : I use Q10 and I don't like to use android's apk (for now)

thx
    02-06-15 10:54 PM
    Evolution

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    02-06-15 11:06 PM
    Evolution

is it better than native browser ? too bad we can trial 1st ;(
    02-06-15 11:09 PM
    No, all native browsers go through what's called webviews (think iFrame). They all use the same base as the default browser.
    Last edited by QXS; 02-08-15 at 09:34 PM.
    02-06-15 11:23 PM
    Hmmm... then I must just accept can open in mobile mode for my office website

Posted via CB10
    02-06-15 11:28 PM
    You could update to 10.3 and use the android ones.
    02-06-15 11:48 PM
    Hi All,

I've been trying to open my office website on mobile mode (with native browser), but it keeps directing me to the web mode. That's why I need to try alternative browser

PS : I use Q10 and I don't like to use android's apk (for now)

thx
    That's a problem on the server side. If they don't code to have it redirect to the mobile site then it won't. It's not the browser's fault.
    02-07-15 08:17 AM
    Have you gone in the development tools? I never experienced that problem on websites that own mobile sites... there is an option to view desktop or mobile sites.

The problem is more about wanting a Web version but the server was coded as mobile only and you can't switch it even with the development tools.

Posted via CB10
    02-07-15 08:32 AM
    is it better than native browser ? too bad we can trial 1st ;(
    It's not better, except for the fact that it has an Ad Blocker (which still doesn't block many ads). It's slower than the native browser, and very buggy.

I know you don't want to install APKs, but that's what you'll have to do if you want Firefox or some other popular browser. I used to have Firefox installed, but it requires too many permissions, and all versions after 31 or 33 crash on startup.
    02-08-15 12:25 AM
    The browser is probably set to desktop mode.
    It's happened to me a number of times where I've gone to the m.somesite.com and got redirected to the full site. I was only able to get to the mobile site by turning off the browser desktop mode in developer tools in the browser settings.

Give that a try.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 12:51 AM
    Evolution

Yes, definitely check this one out.
    02-08-15 01:08 AM
    That's a problem on the server side. If they don't code to have it redirect to the mobile site then it won't. It's not the browser's fault.

If the problem is from the server, then why on my other devices there's no issue ?
    02-08-15 02:25 AM
    The browser is probably set to desktop mode.
    It's happened to me a number of times where I've gone to the m.somesite.com and got redirected to the full site. I was only able to get to the mobile site by turning off the browser desktop mode in developer tools in the browser settings.

Give that a try.

Posted via CB10
    Have you gone in the development tools? I never experienced that problem on websites that own mobile sites... there is an option to view desktop or mobile sites.

The problem is more about wanting a Web version but the server was coded as mobile only and you can't switch it even with the development tools.

Posted via CB10

I tried with the setting, the desktop mode is off
    02-08-15 02:29 AM
    If the problem is from the server, then why on my other devices there's no issue ?
    Not with the server, the coding. It might not recognize the BB10 browser. That was an issue in faced for almost a month when looking at local bus schedules. To be fair this was upon initial launch of BB10 phones 2 years ago so fair enough. They had to code their website to recognize the BB10 browser and flag it as mobile.
    Hendri Hendri likes this.
    02-08-15 08:17 AM
    Not with the server, the coding. It might not recognize the BB10 browser. That was an issue in faced for almost a month when looking at local bus schedules. To be fair this was upon initial launch of BB10 phones 2 years ago so fair enough. They had to code their website to recognize the BB10 browser and flag it as mobile.
    Ic, thx for ur answer

Posted via CB10
    02-08-15 10:00 PM
    Have you tried the Alpha Browser? I use it on my Z10 & it works very well for me. I got is from BBW while it was a free offer. Rocking 24-7 with my Z10 & 16GB PlayBook.
    02-08-15 10:11 PM
    Alpha kinda sucks. It's the same speed if not slower than the stock browser and the UI is still clunky and takes up a lot of the screen. If you really want an alternative browser go for Evolution. It has a lightning mode that pretty much just loads text and skips images and such which loads pages fast.
    02-08-15 11:06 PM
    Alpha kinda sucks. It's the same speed if not slower than the stock browser and the UI is still clunky and takes up a lot of the screen. If you really want an alternative browser go for Evolution. It has a lightning mode that pretty much just loads text and skips images and such which loads pages fast.
    any trial version for evolution ? i'm afraid it'll be useless if i can't open mobile mode with evolution as well
    02-09-15 03:31 AM
    Not that I know of.
    02-09-15 09:51 AM
    I would recommend Evolution or Alpha Browser. Change the user-agent within the settings to iPhone, and the website will work.

Alpha Browser:
    Attachment 332681

Evolution Browser:
    Attachment 332682

any trial version for evolution ? i'm afraid it'll be useless if i can't open mobile mode with evolution as well
    If you wish, you could post the site address and I'll take a screen shot of the mobile site if it works.
    Last edited by GSM-S; 02-09-15 at 12:36 PM.
    02-09-15 11:11 AM
    Any browser with ad block that can watch cbc.ca/player without the ads. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:16 AM
    Cbc.ca/player/

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:19 AM