Here is my story with leaks and restoring..

I was able to restore from 10.0 to leaked 10.1 with no issues using BlackBerry link on windows 7..

Some how after official 10.1.0.1720 all higher leaks I fail to restore!

Even when I downgrade to 10.1.0.1720 or lower..

Just when 10.2.0.1047 came out I thought of that i'll lose all my contacts again when using an autoloader and restore will fail again..

But i remembered that I had virus on my laptop " torjan" and i had after 10.1.01720 was available I think I was trying to find install a computer game crack and discover it was virus..

So I took the opportunity that i want to upgrade to windows 8..

Formated the laptop install windows 8..

Downloaded BlackBerry Link and 10.2.0.1047 autoloader for STL1..

Installed on my Z10 I went through setup, signed in my BBID, and direct after that I clicked on restore on BlackBerry Link from a back up file I had from 10.1.0.1720...

And it restored with out issue ( all I back up is setting only never backuped something else) ..

So the theory is that the prolem may not been caused by BlackBerry Link, it's maybe because the virus was blocking the operation or interrupt it..

Still not sure if that is the reason, but glad that what I thought of made me successfully restore on best leak 10.2.0.1047

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 10:04 AM
    Hi. Glad you were able to restore. But I have been able to restore each time I install a leak as long as I move UP in version number. So going backwards doesn't work but restoring up does. Is this what you are saying?
    08-05-13 10:22 AM
    You can almost always restore from a previous back up if the backup was made in a lower OS version. What you describe is normal.

Also on a side note, anytime you try to install a pirated video game, if your anti virus is on, it will always detect a virus. This is because there is a crack used to allow you to install it without a key. So 9 times out of 10 you did not get a virus from the pirated video game. The game has been modified and the only way is to tamper with it.

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:07 AM
    Hi. Glad you were able to restore. But I have been able to restore each time I install a leak as long as I move UP in version number. So going backwards doesn't work but restoring up does. Is this what you are saying?
    Hi, Thanks..

But non of the restore method where working for me tried Darcy tools, security wipes, some methods that were mentioned they all didn't work.. and this theory was my last attempt that worked

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:47 AM
    You can almost always restore from a previous back up if the backup was made in a lower OS version. What you describe is normal.

Also on a side note, anytime you try to install a pirated video game, if your anti virus is on, it will always detect a virus. This is because there is a crack used to allow you to install it without a key. So 9 times out of 10 you did not get a virus from the pirated video game. The game has been modified and the only way is to tamper with it.

Posted via CB10
    As I said I was not able to restore any older back up by any method .. so it's like not normal to me Hahah

And about the virus i'm sure it's from a game crack, cuz the crack didn't run until I disabled the anti virus and the firewall, so I guess it's the main cause of that virus

Posted via CB10
    08-05-13 11:50 AM