If a password is set, it isn't possible to wipe the device or use an autoloader, right?

Or still, like old devices, after 10 wrong passwords, the phone wipes by himself?

Posted via Z10
    09-22-13 07:29 PM
    it can be wiped just like the old phones.
    09-22-13 07:33 PM
    Or you can use a auto loader if I recall correctly to do it all at once, it maybe faster then waiting for it to wipe then reload
    09-22-13 07:35 PM
    I'm pretty sure an autoloader does not remove the password and yes, typing an incorrect password 10 times still wipes a BlackBerry 10 phone.
    09-22-13 08:03 PM
    I'm pretty sure an autoloader does not remove the password and yes, typing an incorrect password 10 times still wipes a BlackBerry 10 phone.
    Thanks for the info, I remember doing it in one of my testing BlackBerry phones, I will try it again I guess, but yes 10 times and wipe is a sure thing.
    09-22-13 08:06 PM
    Now with Os7, iPhone with no correct Apple ID will become useless even after firmware restore. I'd prefer that

Posted via CB10
    09-22-13 09:35 PM
    Now with Os7, iPhone with no correct Apple ID will become useless even after firmware restore. I'd prefer that

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't good ol' DFU mode still bypass a password on iOS7?
    09-22-13 10:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    me too..........however this isn't an issue for thieves because you can still get around the passcode on iOS7
    09-23-13 01:45 AM
    Too bad, I have to be careful
    I have dumb friends that like to play inserting wrong codes to "block" your device (as other phones will lock for some time)
    I hope this feature can be disabled in a next release...

Because I saw that an autoloader still asks the password, so I was hoping that, without the password, the phone is useless to a thief

Instead, if the thief inserts the wrong password for ten times, he has the phone ready for being sold on the black market...

me too..........however this isn't an issue for thieves because you can still get around the passcode on iOS7
    But that will be fixed in the next release
    And find my iPhone couldn't be disabled or data deleted

Posted via Z10
    09-23-13 02:12 AM
    10 times and wiping is a security concern, I think that's a good way to not play around with a smartphone... It is not a game though
    09-23-13 02:28 AM
    Well but I sure would prefer have the phone locked for an hour than having it wiped

It just makes things easier for thieves

I don't have top secret nuclear plans on my Z10, this policy is just dangerous when dumb people is playing with my phone

Posted via Z10
    09-23-13 02:36 AM
    Well but I sure would prefer have the phone locked for an hour than having it wiped

It just makes things easier for thieves

I don't have top secret nuclear plans on my Z10, this policy is just dangerous when dumb people is playing with my phone

Posted via Z10

First off, don't let 'dumb people' touch your phone without your permission. Problem solved.

Secondly, regardless of security policy (wiping or not) if someone steals your phone, you're not getting it back. Whether or not they can get into it easily, doesn't make any difference in that regard.
    I'm happy that, if my BB is stolen, thieves won't get any of my personal info, my contacts info or my business info.
    We may not all have 'top secret nuclear plans on our Z10' but I for one would feel responsible if my family and friends information was obtained by a thief not to mention my schedule. You might be alarmed to know what a thief can find out about you with very little information.
    09-23-13 07:45 AM
    Too bad, I have to be careful
    I have dumb friends that like to play inserting wrong codes to "block" your device (as other phones will lock for some time)
    I hope this feature can be disabled in a next release...

Because I saw that an autoloader still asks the password, so I was hoping that, without the password, the phone is useless to a thief

Instead, if the thief inserts the wrong password for ten times, he has the phone ready for being sold on the black market...

But that will be fixed in the next release
    And find my iPhone couldn't be disabled or data deleted

Posted via Z10
    Why isn't it fixed on this release? It is afterall iOS7

What I would like is for BlackBerry to look at the iPhone & take inspiration from it. Keep the 10 tried & it wipes the device, however, after the wipe, the now wiped device can not be reactivated without a code.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 02:24 AM
    Well I prefer the BlackBerry id.
    Or that from BlackBerry Protect we could directly blacklist the device PIN

Posted via Z10
    09-24-13 02:35 AM
    What about if it wiped it and disabled it completely and the only way to reactivate would be a return to blackberry. If you put your password in wrong 10 times your either an ***** and don't deserve a quality piece of hardware or your a thief and are just scum.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 03:39 AM
    If you put your password in wrong 10 times your either an ***** and don't deserve a quality piece of hardware or your a thief and are just scum.
    I have coworkers that enjoy taking my phone when I'm away from my desk.... it happens...
    09-24-13 05:03 AM
    I have coworkers that enjoy taking my phone when I'm away from my desk.... it happens...
    Get a holster
    My BlackBerry is never out of my sight. If I leave the room, it comes with me

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:05 AM
    Get a holster
    I'm planning to do it, but I'm afraid to look dorky. The Z10 it's too big for my pockets, and usually I keep it on my desk
    09-24-13 06:22 AM
    Tell him calmly and clearly: Do not do it again.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:26 AM
    Don't leave your phone on your desk...
    09-24-13 07:33 AM
    I'm planning to do it, but I'm afraid to look dorky. The Z10 it's too big for my pockets, and usually I keep it on my desk
    Dorky? I've got more holsters than Batman.

Phone, screwdriver, measuring tape, flashlight, knife, and BB Music Gateway. Used to have more, was breaking too many belts.
    Magnetic_dud likes this.
    09-24-13 08:12 AM
    get the phone security alarm app that activates if the phone is moved?
    09-24-13 08:20 AM
    Hmm yea & (in my opinion) the Z10 is too big for a holster. Not sure what to say, except try to take it with you, or lock it in your desk when you leave....

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:03 PM
    Wouldn't it be nice to make the phone ring loud like BlackBerry Protect if you input wrong password five times, before it asks for word BlackBerry ?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:11 PM
    Does the wipe also happen if the password is inputted wrong from developer mode?
    This could be dangerous

Someone could go to a blackberry jam, join the wifi network, scan for devices in developer mode, then bruteforce and wipe them
    09-25-13 04:28 AM
26 12