Lasted longer than I thought but it looks to have given up a couple of days ago. It had long ago disappeared from my Bold.

Dunno what happened, but I have my doubts it is security related as my ancient Windows RT device with similar security capabilities and concerns still seems to be running. And as one of the major free email services with the worst security record too. (Gmail and Outlook have yet to cut me off)

Nice way of trying to grow the user base! :-)
    03-05-21 11:21 PM
    Lasted longer than I thought but it looks to have given up a couple of days ago. It had long ago disappeared from my Bold.

Dunno what happened, but I have my doubts it is security related as my ancient Windows RT device with similar security capabilities and concerns still seems to be running. And as one of the major free email services with the worst security record too. (Gmail and Outlook have yet to cut me off)

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN15241.html
    03-05-21 11:32 PM

Yahoo lost one of their biggest customers BT Internet I think the contract is almost over as the last of the email addresses get reassigned to the new BT Mail service.
    03-06-21 03:06 AM
    I've been warning people for YEARS to migrate off of Yahoo due to their AWFUL lack of security, which is the most significant issue but far from the only one Yahoo Mail has. I've had several friends and customers lose access to their accounts entirely, due to password issues and other things that can be solved with other mail services.

If you are using an email account hosted by Yahoo (AT&T being one of the largest, but also AOL and many others), you really, REALLY should consider a better alternative, because before too long, you're going to be forced off of it anyway. The former Yahoo company no longer exists, and Yahoo Mail customers have been leaving and soon (if not already), it will no longer be profitable to run, and you'll likely have only a short time to migrate, so it's better to do that sooner rather than later, when you can have more time to get your contacts using your new address.
    Laura Knotek, howarmat and WES51 like this.
    03-06-21 04:37 PM
    The app password thing might work. Don't really care at this point. I know all about Yahoo issues, I was just keeping this email around for...like 2 people that I don't even care if I lose contact with. Just couldn't be bothered to delete it yet.
    It also makes a good throw away email when signing up for stuff.
    03-06-21 07:34 PM